5000 Extra Baht To Solve An Issue ? At ThaI Immigration

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Ask to see the officer in charge of the office where you have a problem.

I have done that twice after giving two IO's some verbal, and got satisfaction both times. Don't be scared of any of these IO's behind the counter, but do talk in a pleasant manner when you see the boss. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I have never been faced with corrupt immigration officials.

What would you do if you were accused of being on a 25 day overstay when you were only doing a 90 day report? I was, although the boss sorted it out.

• Like 1

You mention in the OP that the officer asked you to return in 3 weeks for your non o extension.

Usually the under consideration period is 1 month so could it be considered that you received a superior expedited service for an additional 5000 baht fee?

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rott said:

People have been refused admission to Immigration because they were wearing a wife-beater vest. 

Not years ago, recently. 

This is one time I would agree with the IO's.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Agree to a point but I have my limits. Lived here over twenty years and speak Thai I think I understand things well enough better than most idiots here. The guy in Hua Hin had the same problem not coll.

Which idiots understand things better than you.? 

1 hour ago, bang saen guy said:

We have a WINNER. The first "if you do not like it here then go home" post of the day. These really show the poster's intelligence. Congrats. Keep up the thoughtful insight

Strange over reach in interpretation ! But no doubt you enjoyed your dubiously salient remark.

Average salary of Immigration police has reduced from 20-30000 baht to about 8-9000 baht as they no longer get a share of the fines levied on tourists, because there aren’t any.

Many are suffering quite badly so I’m not surprised that their attitude has hardened somewhat in relation to paperwork from the remaining immigrants.

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:
3 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Any idea who you report corrupt immigration officials to ? per Scottie12

A very good question indeed. Given, it is alleged, that the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom, who would you report corrupt immigration officials to????

I would report it to the media outside Thailand perhaps next time have the conversation recorded. Kissing ass only allows it to continue

If you're so bothered by this petty issue I'd say Thailand is not for you.

Actually Asia is probably not the location for you to settle. 

I worked in

Indonesia, they won't let you in the country if you don't give the immigration officer some money. 

Angola, they won't let you out of the country if you don't give them some money, the immigration officials at the departure terminal force you to show them your wallet (looking for money) before they let you pass. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

My paperwork was in order and my visa is still good for another five weeks. Not going anywhere!

You previously stated that your bank book didn't show you had the money in the bank required for  a visa extension and thats the treason why you got denied 

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, Mitkof Island said:

My 60 day extension ended on April 16th I could have very easily gone back to my home town had the bank update the bank book correctly and returned tomorrow but oddly they insisted it had to be today.

Good job you took their advice. You were lucky.

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I can not understand why Some "people" put up with all this BS?

Everyone knows this thing isn't new and it has nothing to do with whose government it is as this is part of a sub- culture that has been ongoing for generations. ????

I celebrate it not 'put up' with it. Such financial inducements are the oil on the wheels of daily life.

>Corruption>.

I see this word used so often.

So I googled it.

And there it was, the definition, the word that seems to define Thai helpers;

<Facilitators.>

Nothing like someone who is always there to make your life so much easier.

Particularly when years are adding up, and irritants become more irritants.

I have had enough with irritants in this life.

Facilitators are there to ease down on anxiety.

So some people can sleep better.

Regards.

Edited by Andre0720

I'm off to Immigration in the next few weeks - Gonna apply for a 60 day covid extension.

Going on previous experience, I'm just gonna had over all my paperwork & put 3000 baht inside my passport - Gonna keep my mouth shut & i fully expect to be in & out in 15 minutes.

I am there for one reason & one reason only - To get my extension.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You previously stated that your bank book didn't show you had the money in the bank required for  a visa extension and thats the treason why you got denied 

The bank book itself was not updated to the deposits made back in December it did show there was more than enough money yesterday when I went in. The officer called the bank and they clarified that the deposits had been made more than two months before and I also showed receipts proving that. The only lame reason left was the bank book itself did not show the December deposit.