5000 Extra Baht To Solve An Issue ? At ThaI Immigration

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Your paper work wasnt in order , consider yourself lucky that you were able to get a visa extension, you could have and should have been refused an extension and got given seven days to leave the Count4y 

My paperwork was in order and my visa is still good for another five weeks. Not going anywhere!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottie12 said:

Any idea who you report corrupt immigration officials to ?

When you find out, have a word about Thai ladies offering their services, quite appalling, I was assured prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

My paperwork was in order and my visa is still good for another five weeks. Not going anywhere!

Then you still had time to not pay any additional fees and go to the bank and obtain bank statements showing the bank balance was baht 400000 on the date two months or more before application date for the visa extension.

How much in total in extra fees was paid to apply for the extension?

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I was not offered such a good arrangement....

Take it. They seem to want it that way...

Because otherwise they might find some other irregularities in something or other. Forms not the latest, oh something else is now needed. Oh well...

Agreed. Look, we expats are not in a position to fight or win such (possibly greatly extended) skirmishes with immigration, regardless of our righteousness.

This is how it rolls here. If our true goal is to remain living here with minimum effort and brain damage then it's better to just consider these things an 'ignorance surtax' and move on.

Peace of mind always comes at a cost. It's an intangible commodity but one I value more as I get older.

I've always made it a point to understand and  have all of my documents in order before I meet with immigration, often carrying extra copies and seemingly extraneous document along as well (and some extra cash!).

Life is all about choices.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Got fed up with my local IO after 14 years I now have an agent who is very reasonable in cost do I miss going to my IO Hell NO I can spend my days enjoying life without the hassle of all that is required  just to get a years extension 

Where is your agent located and do you have a phone number or link to the office? After yesterday that was enough for me placating to corruption only allows it to continue and the next person who comes along has to deal with it because YOU had no backbone. Tired of excuses!

Edited by Mitkof Island
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have never been faced with corrupt immigration officials. Yesterday was the first time it got serious had issues at the southern border with Malaysia twice and I hear they are well known for it.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Then you still had time to not pay any additional fees and go to the bank and obtain bank statements showing the bank balance was baht 400000 on the date two months or more before application date for the visa extension.

How much in total in extra fees was paid to apply for the extension?

Yes I could have told them to stuff it and done that but because of lack of time and no easy way getting back to the bank to the office without hassle because of lack of public transportation otherwise I certainly would have. Extra fees if you want to call it that 5000 baht.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

"Southern border"

Meaning border crossing?

YES! by road to avoid the hassle and rudeness I now go by train never had a problem. Once I showed up a day early and he told me to come back tomorrow otherwise pay 200 baht. Second time wanted 500 baht from my Thai friend and took her passport I grab it out of his hands and explained to the jerk she was Thai see ya!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

After yesterday that was enough for me placating to corruption only allows it to continue and the next person who comes along has to deal with it because YOU had no backbone. Tired of excuses

Haven't read another thread regarding these difficulties at Hua Hin for extension marriage.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Haven't read another thread regarding these difficulties at Hua Hin for extension marriage.

There was not more than a month ago on this forum just can not remember where I read it. I believe it was for retirement visa.

4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

YES! by road to avoid the hassle and rudeness I now go by train never had a problem.

Was not aware that border was opened.

Your unlucky ... rudeness and corruption at border crossing and immigration office.

Your having a bad trot..

2 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

There was not more than a month ago on this forum just can not remember where I read it. I believe it was for retirement visa.

9 times out of 10 the issue is with the person's paperwork.

Strange how many have zero issues over many years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Was not aware that border was opened.

Your unlucky ... rudeness and corruption at border crossing and immigration office.

Your having a bad trot..

This was years ago 99% of the time the borders and offices have always been polite and friendly. The Bangkok airport well ..................... that is another story in itself.

Just now, Mitkof Island said:

And what about when they are? Just bend over?

Yours (by the sound of it were not in order)...

BTW your other comment regarding issue at BKK airport.

I'm a frequent flyer...never had issue at airports in Thailand. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

Any idea who you report corrupt immigration officials to ?

and it's whistle blowers like you that stuff it up for others here  ....

be sure to give them your correct name and mobile number when you contact them.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Yea what next? I did not wear the correct colored shirt of the day. I forgot to wai first? The word Secret oddly came up also. As the 5000 baht suddenly disappeared between the papers.

People have been refused admission to Immigration because they were wearing a wife-beater vest. 

Not years ago, recently. 

• Like 1