5000 Extra Baht To Solve An Issue ? At ThaI Immigration

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, one of the requirements is that proof of funds is shown in a bank book , that is a requirement .

Think yourself luck that immigration were willing to take the time to actually call your bank, rather than just refusing you an extension 

That will be the last time next time I either use an agent or apply in another office as long as foreigners allow these so called payments to continue it won,t stop. Stop feeding the monster.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

That will be the last time next time I either use an agent or apply in another office as long as foreigners allow these so called payments to continue it won,t stop. Stop feeding the monster.

You could choose to be across the requirements and submit the required documents.

They are clear cut and simple.

Granted it varies from office to office however easy for the willing. 

15 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Agree to a point but I have my limits. Lived here over twenty years and speak Thai I think I understand things well enough better than most idiots here. The guy in Hua Hin had the same problem not coll.

wow, you speak thai and understand things better than most. Ahh...what visa are you on again???

oh yeah!  you're on an extension of stay, not a visa....but you know better than most!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NobbyClarke said:

Don't complain, comply.

You would be moaning and and you give a groining if the outcome was not favourable.

They do something nice for you give a gratuity for the service. (Bars, restaurant do the same)

Wake up and smell the roses.

Bribery in all cases are NOT something nice. Can I demand you pay for all my monthly costs? Bend over!

• Sad 2

On 3/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, ericthai said:

wow, you speak thai and understand things better than most. Ahh...what visa are you on again???

oh yeah!  you're on an extension of stay, not a visa....but you know better than most!

Yea its called growing a spine try it sometime

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

5000 baht is a bit high to my liking, 3000 baht is the norm (or at least it used to be), every time I was border hopping, renewing late, being on overstay a day or two, 3000 baht slipped into the passport's first pages would usually make every problems go away.

Get used to it, do not complain, smile, wai salute, lower your voice and be grateful/thankful you were given this "option", you need to see this as an opportunity and walk away smelling the roses.

Also may I suggest, if you want to do it right(tm) next time go with your Thai partner and ask her to exchange LINE contacts with that same I/O, because he's about to become your new best friend.

Welcome to Thailand.

Strange putting 3000 baht into your passport for 1 or 2 days overstay when you could of done like every one else and paid the 500 baht per day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:50 AM, Isaanlife said:

I would volunteer to pay 5,000 baht just for the convenience of getting in there and getting out in a very timely manner.

However, no longer an issue

<4 days and counting

And you would be contributing to the extortion problem rather that helping to eradicate it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Strange putting 3000 baht into your passport for 1 or 2 days overstay when you could of done like every one else and paid the 500 baht per day. 

Yea it idiots like that and those that bend over easy (criminals?) that cause a problem for every one else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

And you would be contributing to the extortion problem rather that helping to eradicate it. 

I like Thailand the way it is, don't eradicate anything.

You start to change things it'll end up like the Sh..t hole you left behind.

No one's perfect, sometimes we overlook things, if it means that you pay a little bit of money to correct the problem, so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 11:32 PM, Caldera said:

Corruption definitely seems to be through the roof in recent years. While I have no doubt that it has existed before, officials more or less openly soliciting bribes directly from foreigners without going through a middleman (lawyers, agents, etc.) isn't something that used to be common.

I don't know. When I first came here as a Tourist we had to pay tax. You'de go into the office in Bangkok and they would estimate how much a backpacker spent, then grab a tax figure that you paid.

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I like Thailand the way it is, don't eradicate anything.

You start to change things it'll end up like the Sh..t hole you left behind.

No one's perfect, sometimes we overlook things, if it means that you pay a little bit of money to correct the problem, so be it. 

Totally agree. Nothing worse than to hear the words; ‘Rules is rules, no exceptions’. You know you are dealing with a jobsworth that has no discretionary ability, no reasoning power or the courage to determine that sometimes the rules are too harsh and he should help people who deserve helping. What we all want is to be able to move on, get the matter resolved and worry about more serious things. If it takes a few thousand baht it’s money well spent.