Problems with wise

Our Wise Saga continues. 

This morning we logged on into our Wise account to check the status of the Address verification and we had a message that the Address was verified. 

So we said great , the transfer should be made relatively soon.

This evening we received a message that the Transfer was canceled and we will receive a refund in 4-10 bossiness days. It has now been three days since the deducted the funds from our account, so if it takes 10 pus the two days of the weekend they can potentially have my money 15 days. 

So I called Wise, and after being on hold with them for a length of time I spoke with an agent and I was told that Wise is having problems with the Thai banks, , he said that he did not know what the nature of the problem was but since the  transaction could not be completed they canceled the transaction and the funds will be returned 4-10 business days. 

Is anyone else having problems initiating transfers with Wise recently? or is he giving me a story? 

Can someone recommend another transfer service? Searching the web I found OFX, has anyone had any experience with them?  I don't need the funds I just need to show a mostly income in case I decided to  to do my extension to stay using the income method. So the transfer need to be done in a way that is acceptable to Thai imigration.

PS: my bank in Thailand is Kasikorn

Edited by sirineou

5 hours ago, stigar said:

I get email from Wise yesterday.Told me to verify my adress in my country.I did and after a short while everything was ok.I also use their ATM card when in another country.

Did you make a transfer? 

Just now, stigar said:

Yes i did after i did as they told me.Only small amount.Took about 20 minutes before it arrived my account.

If you don't mind telling me the approximate amount you transferred? and what bank? I know I am asking a lot of personal info and I would understand if you dont feel comfortable answering 

The reason I am asking is that there is another thread just started that has not got any replies yet,

Saying that Kasikorn bank does not accept   international transfers of more than 25,000 baht. Cant believe that is true) but if it's true then it could be the reason of the cancelation of my transaction (my transaction was $1300) and if it is true I would need to change banks. 25,000 is a ridiculously low amount. 

"Kasikorn bank dont allow international transfers of more than 25,000 baht per day / transaction ? "  

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If you don't mind telling me the approximate amount you transferred? and what bank? I know I am asking a lot of personal info and I would understand if you dont feel comfortable answering 

The reason I am asking is that there is another thread just started that has not got any replies yet,

Saying that Kasikorn bank does not accept   international transfers of more than 25,000 baht. Cant believe that is true) but if it's true then it could be the reason of the cancelation of my transaction (my transaction was $1300) and if it is true I would need to change banks. 25,000 is a ridiculously low amount. 

"Kasikorn bank dont allow international transfers of more than 25,000 baht per day / transaction ? "  

Believe that is transfers out of Thailand account - nothing to do with transfers into Thailand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

I only transferd 5000 bath.It was to kasikorn bank.I asked my lady to take out cash with the Wise Atmcard today as well.That went fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stigar said:

I only transferd 5000 bath.It was to kasikorn bank.I asked my lady to take out cash with the Wise Atmcard today as well.That went fine.

Thank you for that reply,

I will call Wise again in 20 min when they open in the US and try to figure this out. 

• Like 1