Air conditioner quality, warranty, reviews in Thailand?

On 3/4/2022 at 4:11 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

http://www.mitsubishi-mcp.co.th/products/Products_m3_Multisystem.html

This includes Residential Multi which is one outdoor unit and several indoor units.

Does anybody of you have any experience with those multi systems? I think in theory it sounds good.

ResidentialMulti.jpg.2399dfd9273f5b4018bc272db2bc33f8.jpg

This looks brilliant!

Has anybody had any experience with them?

On 3/12/2022 at 6:35 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems many people agree that Daikin and Mitsubishi are the favorite brands.

From your experience between these two:

- Are there main differences with the features, i.e. home automation integration (for the newest top models)?

- How about maintenance? Is it easier to maintain one or the other?

Buying and installing the units is a one time effort. But maintenance and good or missing features is something that concerns us over years.

We only use Daikin Inverters (FTKM series)

- Home automation never bothered, just use remote

- Maintenance, we have them cleaned every 3-6 months and they clean easily (but I am no aircon techie) and they never had to re-gas them

Old house they are installed already for 5years+ and NO issues. They (because we don't live there anymore) get only fired up once every while (songkran/newyears holidays etc) and when they do, they do their job and then they run for 24/7.

Current house. Run every day from 6pm-8am sometimes (during songkran/new years) for much longer.

SO no issues and I would absolutely recommend them, BUT 1 thing get a GOOD installer!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Encid said:

And?

C'mon man... don't leave me hanging... :cool:

Dude knows that was funny...

I have a good friend in the US that got one a couple years ago while I was stuck in SoCal for five months due to the covid debacle. 

He had an ancient central unit and ended up replacing it with a Daiken multi-split and loves it. We had talked about split-units before and he was looking at Fujitsu and Daikin. I think he got two nines and a twelve for the three bedrooms and a twenty-four for the living room and a single forty-eight condenser unit.  All wall units. I tried to talk him into a cassette unit for the living room but he was afraid of it. 

The install was pretty nice, all the condensate pumped to a central drain so no water anywhere and nothing visible on the outside of the house but the one condenser on the back of the house. 

He's had it over two years now and still loves it. They are a little different in the US because the are configured to provide heat as well. 

I looked into them and while I think they're great, I do not think they make a lot of sense here. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

all the condensate pumped to a central drain so no water anywhere

How was the condensate "pumped"?

Wouldn't a gravity drain do the job just as well?

To either the grey water piping system or (as one member advised earlier) a simple watering can?

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I looked into them and while I think they're great, I do not think they make a lot of sense here. 

Why not?

I have a specific application where I will have 2 upstairs bedrooms that will only be used occasionally (2 x 12,000 BTU req'd) and a single downstairs office room that will be used every day (also 12,000 BTU req'd).

I would have thought that a multi zone outdoor inverter unit (cooling only) would be perfect for that.

23 minutes ago, Encid said:

How was the condensate "pumped"?

Really? With a condensate pump. 

Wouldn't a gravity drain do the job just as well?

No. Gravity drains are great, but the are pretty limited. If you have a wall-unit mounted on an outside wall, and the drain goes straight out and down, they work great. On an inside wall? Not so great. 

To either the grey water piping system or (as one member advised earlier) a simple watering can?

It is cheaper and easier to run gravity drains that drip outside or into cans or drains, but to call it better depends on what you want. 

Why not?

The market here is not well enough developed yet, meaning there are not enough players in the market (yet) and not enough competent installers (yet). I think equipment costs for multi-splits are typically cheaper than multiple single units (installation is more expensive) but that is not yet the case here. 

I have a specific application where I will have 2 upstairs bedrooms that will only be used occasionally (2 x 12,000 BTU req'd) and a single downstairs office room that will be used every day (also 12,000 BTU req'd).

I would have thought that a multi zone outdoor inverter unit (cooling only) would be perfect for that.

Aside from the cosmetics of having a single condenser & electrical service rather than three, what do you see as the benefits?

What I see, is that with the multi, rather than having two units that run occasionally that one would assume would require little service and last forever, and one unit that will require regular service and have an average life-span, you'd have one unit that costs more to buy, costs more to install, will require regular service, has an average life-span and will cost more to replace. 

54 minutes ago, Encid said:

Why not?

The way I understand it those multi zone systems are perfect if not all indoor units are used at the same time.

I.e. one unit in the office, another in the bedroom. Normally only one of them is on. Perfect.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The way I understand it those multi zone systems are perfect if not all indoor units are used at the same time.

I.e. one unit in the office, another in the bedroom. Normally only one of them is on. Perfect.

The condenser is typically sized such that it will operate all of the evaporators at the same time. 

It may make sense if it were significantly cheaper, or you had no room for a second condenser, but running one all day and one all night makes little sense because you are running the condenser 24/7, meaning (all things the same) you will have to replace both units in half the time you would were operating two units.

23 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What I see, is that with the multi, rather than having two units that run occasionally that one would assume would require little service and last forever, and one unit that will require regular service and have an average life-span, you'd have one unit that costs more to buy, costs more to install, will require regular service, has an average life-span and will cost more to replace. 

I understand and agree with your logic.

Your comment about having competent installers is well noted too.

Thanks.