Marriage Extension Under Consideration - have to go to work!

Just applied for my first ever 1-year extension based on marriage (at Jomtien) and got an under consideration stamp, return on March 30, and a 90 day report notice for May 28.

Meanwhile, I have the opportunity to go back to work (offshore Thailand) March 10, which means I cannot report to immigration on March 30 as required by the under consideration stamp.

Is there anything I can do, could an agent or my wife report to immigration in my absence? 

• Haha 1

There is nothing you can do to keep from losing the extension application you did it when you leave the country.

There would not be enough time to have the approval of your application expedited so you can leave without losing it.

How long will you be out of the country?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is nothing you can do to keep from losing the extension application you did it when you leave the country.

There would not be enough time to have the approval of your application expedited so you can leave without losing it.

How long will you be out of the country?

I will be working offshore, but will not be stamped out of the country. 

4 minutes ago, justsignedin said:

I will be working offshore, but will not be stamped out of the country. 

I got the impression you were leaving the country to work not offshore here.

If you do not need your passport to go offshore your wife could take your passport to immigration to get the extension stamp done.

Did immigration mention a home visit when you applied for the extension? You would need to be present when that is done.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did immigration mention a home visit when you applied for the extension? You would need to be present when that is done.

We never dealt direct with immigration, only turned up to for photos and to sign paperwork. But as far as I know there was no mention of a home visit. 

13 minutes ago, justsignedin said:

We never dealt direct with immigration, only turned up to for photos and to sign paperwork. But as far as I know there was no mention of a home visit. 

You should check with your agent about the home visit and inform them about what you need to do.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, justsignedin said:

Meanwhile, I have the opportunity to go back to work (offshore Thailand) March 10, which means I cannot report to immigration on March 30 as required by the under consideration stamp.

Obviously you have done it before and know the ropes but I would be surprised if you can get offshore without being in possession of your passport.

Bit of a dilemma, particularly if current permission to stay expires before coming back onshore. Hope your agent has constructive suggestion, good luck.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not need your passport to go offshore your wife could take your passport to immigration to get the extension stamp done.

Can I be sneaky and ask a question?.......don't want to start a thread.

I am due to pick up my extension April 3, but to save an extra journey would like to collect on April 11.......is that something the IO would even consider?

24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am due to pick up my extension April 3, but to save an extra journey would like to collect on April 11.......is that something the IO would even consider?

I would not suggest trying to do it that late. I would say 2 or 3 days after the report back date  at the most.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

My friend picked mine up for me last time  no problems