Is it possible the external harddrive connecting to the router?

nabbie

1 minute ago, nabbie said:

Oh, I see. I did not notice that change till your message pops up. Yes you are right that there are more features on 3BB GUI.  How nice!...Thanks, I am checking again with DHCP.... 

image.png.242090ad93fed34c0beda92f4b6c1c38.png

I notice the dropdown for Type under DHCP Service is either service or disabled.  Is that what you are after? 

4 minutes ago, nabbie said:

image.png.242090ad93fed34c0beda92f4b6c1c38.png

I notice the dropdown for Type under DHCP Service is either service or disabled.  Is that what you are after? 

Correction: server or disabled.

Also Enable DHCP6S is shown under LAN setting via Network.

@nabbie

That is service, not Server. What do you see if you click on "DHCP Server" instead of "DHCP service"?

Edit: But IMHO you have now 2 DHCP servers running on the same network (1 on the 3BB and 1 on the ASUS) but as I am not familiar with your 3BB router, I will let someone else comment on that)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, mtls2005 said:

Do you currently have broadband internet service?

Service provider? 

Most three year old or newer ISP-provided router supports (among other things) USB.

Can you share your router make and model?

You may need to configure this application within the router's management UI (FTP Server

I am with 3BB using the router they upgraded me to last year, Fiberhome 56FX025TI. It has a USB port on it. I have tried connecting an SSD (why are people still quoting HDDs?) but cannot share it with the other PC on the same router or a printer. 

But setting up sharing a drive/printer in Windows 11 is so simple and works perfectly, as does One Drive to access any files which are not on that router.

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am with 3BB using the router they upgraded me to last year, Fiberhome 56FX025TI. It has a USB port on it. I have tried connecting an SSD (why are people still quoting HDDs?) but cannot share it with the other PC on the same router or a printer. 

On my Fiber 3BB router, I have the option to share Media

(But not every router is the same, maybe ask them to upgrade your Router??)

media_sharing.JPG.7142c905722496bd70599a0130eea352.JPG

On 3/8/2022 at 7:27 PM, MJCM said:

Not all of them AFAIK.

But the ones that can do are (just look in the specs for something called "Download Station" or "Download Center")

Synology,

https://kb.synology.com/en-af/DSM/help/DownloadStation/DownloadStation_desc?version=6

QNAP

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial/article/how-to-use-download-station

Asustor

https://www.asustor.com/admv2?type=2&subject=7&sub=29

Cheers.  

The more I learn about my NAS, the more versatile it becomes.  

On 3/15/2022 at 2:07 PM, MJCM said:

They have quite a comprehensive suite of programs in the package center.  I have no use for a lot of them, but will use several of them.  I recently connected the NAS to my UPS.  I was lucky, my UPS was supported by Synology.