Russian invasion creates a multitude of problems for tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

It’s all just a prelude to what will happen here when Xi starts his invasions.

As all the service industries are owned by proxy by China and can cripple Taiwan in 48 hours without the need of invasion.

China has already taken HK.

Which country do you mean?

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

No problem. The statistical wizards at TAT will crunch some numbers and announce the imminent arrival of 10 million Indian billionaires and 1.5 million Saudi trillionaires. It’s all good.

They'reDreamin Son

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't worry Russians trapped here TAT will generously look after you but wait you cant pay so your stuffed ????

Pity the 300 baht donation has yet to come into play!

• Haha 2

o

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not a great mathematician but how on earth do you get over 100% cancelation rate ?

Maybe they are getting this from cancellation rate before. Suppose before 2 out of ten canceled. But now 8 out of 10 cancel. So I think you could call that 400 % cancellation rate

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

My guess would be he wont - not for a very long while - much longer than I would have thought before. Yes, Putin may gain Ukraine, but economically Russia is finished for the next 20-30 years or so (assuming nobody close to warmongering Putin does not take him out). Xi I think is watching the fallout, not just for now but over the coming years also. 

All European countries are in disaster not just Russia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not a great mathematician but how on earth do you get over 100% cancelation rate ?

It baffled me too. I think it's the way the article puts it "every booking that was made for travel into Russia was outweighed by six cancellations of pre-existing bookings".

So, taking Germany: one new booking to Russia, eight cancellations, 700% cancellation rate. Or something like that.

Either way, the message is: a disaster. I just saw the list of flights operating between Thailand and Russia, most are cancelled.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

It’s all just a prelude to what will happen here when Xi starts his invasions.

Xi will not make any invasion, he simply waits for Russia to do the work of self-destructing with the whole West then he will say to the Taiwanese, welcome dear brothers, return to your great homeland that will rule the world now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

thanks for this. Most people don't realize that sanctions, no flight zones, bans on exports and bank transfers, actually work both ways.

And tens of thousands of small farms in all European countries are now at risk of bankruptcy due to non-payments and capital invested in Russia and Ukraine as well as the lack of fertilizers for agriculture and consequent lack of food for populations in Europe with several countries that shut down grain exports and could continue with a long list of problems to come.

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

Help the Ukrainians - book a room om AirBNB but don't go of course. That's sending really needed money to the Ukrainian people.

I have sent directly to Ukrainian Government account. AirBnB is also a good way to donate. Do not donate to the leeches who take 99% and maybe 1% goes to actual cause. You know the ones with posting pictures of suffering children in their ads.

If there is any Ukrainian needing help here in Thailand I am willing to pitch in a little. You can send PM on this forum.

Slava Ukraine!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Does this not seem all to familiar to 1938 Munich?  Sudatenland!  Hitler wanted all the former German territories! The German people bought into a better German future, and said almost the same thing to everyone that the average Russian says in the media today, "Sorry Ukrainians!"  Russia just wants it's bloc back, they will surrely sign a Document  similar  to what Mussolini,  Chamberlain, and the Fuhrer signed.  Peace, but only on paper! History is repeating itself. 

Actually Chamberlin worded the agreement quite cleverly letting Hitler 'have' Czechoslovakia and NO OTHER LAND.

Meaning the UK never broke the agreement, when Hitler invaded Poland he broke the agreement. just saying.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

i have read some of the comments and theyve bewildered me.these people are on holidays or staying here just like  most other readers,they are the same as us.they do not make foreign policy or move chequers on the map,western banks have screwed them and said sanctions were supposed to be directed at the top not the ordinary person in the street and as for the rest of this verbal garbage what of blair and bush and their weapons of mass destruction?napalmed kids in the countries next door,libya and syria beirut and kabul where USA stole half of a starving populations money and left with a targeted rocket attack that killed a bus full of children.democracy ?what was manning and assanges mistake?telling the truth and exposing USA war crimes-look what happened to them.as our lord said he who has not sinned may cast the 1st stone.of course theres iraq and that illegal war so what of that and the responsibility of all you westerners from the countries that played a part in that then?your all guilty just like these people who have great problems not of their own making,shame on you,fools and racists,obviously basic concepts of humanity and understanding are far from your grasp.uncle sams old logic of  'surround everyone with everything weve got and let em have it' is also your mantra of the day

Exactly right! As a US citizen, I find it despicable that we have learned nothing from the xenophobic behavior we exhibited during World War 2 when we put Japanese Americans into camps because they were 'Japanese'. Targeting all Russians, most of whom likely wouldn't support Putin's policies if they were told the truth, is no different.  It is a slippery slope that we should not embark on lest we end up sliding down ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

China boycotted Australian wine and seafood imports so now they send them to Hong Kong and they are imported from there. I guess Russians can still fly to China and from there to Thailand. 

China and Hong Kong have cancelled most of the flights... due to marvellous "Covid Zero" policy (which is not working...).  If they have Shengen visa they can fly to Finland and take the train as it still runs from Helsinki to St. Petersburg but I hope it will be closed soon too. It is used now mostly for Russian fleeing their homes in Russia.

Edited by FinChin67
addition