Vietjet CM Chana

KhaoYai

I have posted this elsewhere but I'm posting it here in the hope that I might get a reply:

I am booked to fly to CM on 16 March.

Vietjet are insisting that I register on the CM Chana App 24 hours before I travel.  I have been told that the APP is no longer needed. However, the link they send me doesn't work - or it won't work from here (UK).

Every time I ask Vietjet about the problem they simply repeat the same e-mail - except in the latest reply they have simply missed off the CM Chana link. Neither of the links in the reply below work for me.

Does anyone have a working link to the CM Chana App in English or anything that says its ended?

Dear Passenger,

Regarding your email, we would like to inform you that the Travel Measures for Domestic flights entering Chiangmai International Airport are as follows: (choose either one of the documents)

1. Passengers must show the Negative of Covid-19 test results within 72 hours before the flight departure (RT-PCR or Antigen Rapid test method or ATK  negative test result from medical facilities ) upon check-in. OR
  2. Fully vaccinated of Covid-19 vaccine (according to the requirements of each vaccine, except AstraZeneca can enter 14 days after the 1st injection). 
  3. Register your information at CM-CHANA Webpage( https://cmsdm.net/COVIDH/cm_rule.php) at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.

Remark: For further information about Covid-19 travel documents requirement, please visit the website www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

Edited by KhaoYai

Chiang Mai has cancelled the use of CM Chana as per a meeting on March 2nd. So no downloading and registration is required. It is possible that Vietjet have not yet been informed but you could refer them to the relevant article on the CM108 website, www.cm108.com. It is in Thai but you can get Google to translate it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brommers said:

Chiang Mai has cancelled the use of CM Chana as per a meeting on March 2nd. So no downloading and registration is required. It is possible that Vietjet have not yet been informed but you could refer them to the relevant article on the CM108 website, www.cm108.com. It is in Thai but you can get Google to translate it for you.

Thanks - I've been in touch with the TAT who have been very helpful. They sent me a copy of an order (in Thai) that cancelled CM Chana as of 4 March - sent it to Vietjet, not heard a peep ????....................loss of face and all that rubbish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I flew from Bkk to CNX on nov 21---vietjet....unless its new there was no mention of this when i booked online.....just passport..not sure if i showed my thai pass stuff but nothing about that chana app..ive never used it either

To be honest, this is the first time I've booked with Vietjet and it will definitely be my last - even if I have to pay double.  I must have spent 4-5 hours in the last week e-mailing them and trying to call them.

My issues have been:

1. The CM Chana thing - each time I wrote and told them the link they sent didn't work, they simply resent the original e-mail which I believe is a standard one they send out to all customers.  The last e-mail they sent was exactly the same except it simply said I needed to register on the CM Chana App but missed off the link ????.  The TAT kindly sent me a copy of the government order cancelling CM Chana - I forwarded that to them and that's the last I heard on that matter.

2. Schedule Changes - They have notified me of minor changes to my flight times on no less than 4 ocassions and I only booked 3 weeks ago.  Each time they send out what appears to be a standard e-mail offering me the choice to change my flight or a credit.  The changes didn't really matter too much until the last one where they said my outbound flight had been changed to the same day as my inbound - I immediately e-mailed them saying that was no good, I didn't want a credit, nor could I travel on any other date. so I wanted a full refund. They replied - again with a standard e-mail, this one advising me of another change to my schedule. As if by magic, the flight they changed was suddenly available again.  At the end of each e-mail there was a link to 'Manage My Booking' - I thought I'd check to make sure the flights they had now settled on were confirmed. The link didn't work ????.

I e-mailed them to say the link didn't work, could they rectify the matter.  The reply - nothing to do with the faulty link, just another advice of schedule change but this time no alternative times/flights.  I wrote back asking a). Why have you not sent me a working link - the point of my email and b). What is this latest change, there are no alternatives given and no mention of complete cancellation?

Next day a new reply:  'Dear Sir, we would like to inform you that your Thai Vietjet Air flight has been rescheduled due to “OPERATIONAL REASON” - exactly as before and again no alternative given.  By this time I was ready to scream so I replied in both Thai and English - very firmly asking them if they understood either language and in no uncertain terms asking again that they send the correct link to 'Manage My Booking' and what they meant by rescheduled without any alternatives. I told them not to send me yet another standard e-mail.

This appeared to do the trick - they sent me a completely different link to something called Skyfun.  When I tried it, it was in Thai and despite clicking the button to change to English, it wouldn't do it.  I googled Skyfun, found it, found the problem with the link they sent and eventually got to the correct place where I found my flights were confirmed and there had not been any further re-scheduling. However, I will not feel confident until I've actually boarded the flight.

All in all I reckon that the time I have spent messing around with them has cost me 10 times what I saved by buying their 'cheap flight'.

I'm not at all surprised they 'are currently experiencing high call volumes' - if they'd just reply correctly the first time they could free up a lot of time.

Never, never, again. - same goes for the booking agent Opodo who I couldn't even contact.

Edited by KhaoYai

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

To be honest, this is the first time I've booked with Vietjet and it will definitely be my last - even if I have to pay double.  I must have spent 4-5 hours in the last week e-mailing them and trying to call them.

My issues have been:

1. The CM Chana thing - each time I wrote and told them the link they sent didn't work, they simply resent the original e-mail which I believe is a standard one they send out to all customers.  The last e-mail they sent was exactly the same except it simply said I needed to register on the CM Chana App but missed off the link ????.  The TAT kindly sent me a copy of the government order cancelling CM Chana - I forwarded that to them and that's the last I heard on that matter.

2. Schedule Changes - They have notified me of minor changes to my flight times on no less than 4 ocassions and I only booked 3 weeks ago.  Each time they send out what appears to be a standard e-mail offering me the choice to change my flight or a credit.  The changes didn't really matter too much until the last one where they said my outbound flight had been changed to the same day as my inbound - I immediately e-mailed them saying that was no good, I didn't want a credit, nor could I travel on any other date. so I wanted a full refund. They replied - again with a standard e-mail, this one advising me of another change to my schedule. As if by magic, the flight they changed was suddenly available again.  At the end of each e-mail there was a link to 'Manage My Booking' - I thought I'd check to make sure the flights they had now settled on were confirmed. The link didn't work ????.

I e-mailed them to say the link didn't work, could they rectify the matter.  The reply - nothing to do with the faulty link, just another advice of schedule change but this time no alternative times/flights.  I wrote back asking a). Why have you not sent me a working link - the point of my email and b). What is this latest change, there are no alternatives given and no mention of complete cancellation?

Next day a new reply:  'Dear Sir, we would like to inform you that your Thai Vietjet Air flight has been rescheduled due to “OPERATIONAL REASON” - exactly as before and again no alternative given.  By this time I was ready to scream so I replied in both Thai and English - very firmly asking them if they understood either language and in no uncertain terms asking again that they send the correct link to 'Manage My Booking' and what they meant by rescheduled without any alternatives. I told them not to send me yet another standard e-mail.

This appeared to do the trick - they sent me a completely different link to something called Skyfun.  When I tried it, it was in Thai and despite clicking the button to change to English, it wouldn't do it.  I googled Skyfun, found it, found the problem with the link they sent and eventually got to the correct place where I found my flights were confirmed and there had not been any further re-scheduling. However, I will not feel confident until I've actually boarded the flight.

All in all I reckon that the time I have spent messing around with them has cost me 10 times what I saved by buying their 'cheap flight'.

I'm not at all surprised they 'are currently experiencing high call volumes' - if they'd just reply correctly the first time they could free up a lot of time.

Never, never, again. - same goes for the booking agent Opodo who I couldn't even contact.

I made the same decision - never use - along with Air Asia which has absolutely no cs - literally.

21 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

My issues have been:

I only use them as when i fly to bkk from US I can stay at airport and use Vietjet without going to DM airport.....the website is tricky and they try to upgrade every last detail as u have to pay attn when booking---they nailed me with the carry on fee this visit and i actually had to pay for another seat due to my baggage weight...i suppose i will try to split the one bag into a suitcase and carry on for the return----2 x 7kg instead of ONE 15 kg..

but as noted unless they changed things I used them 4 months ago and nothing about the app and as some have said just bring proof of the rule change on your phone--worst case u can always find another way or transport----plane--train--bus

side note Ive gotten companies to wake up once i took to twitter to voice my issues...

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:05 AM, JimmyJ said:

I made the same decision - never use - along with Air Asia which has absolutely no cs - literally.

For a long time I banned myself from booking with Air Asia. However very recently I did book a flight and found their online booking site much improved so might be worth taking a look and trying a dummy booking run.

As a general rule now - due to covid cancellations - I only use a credit card as otherwise it can be a lot of hassle obtaining refunds from "bucket airlines" which refund to intermediaries better still just request a credit voucher for a future booking.