Thai national artist Pratuang Emjaroen dies of COVID-19 at 87

snoop1130

32CA951A-90DF-4222-8DF0-5683B7F80B37-600x338.jpeg

Thailand’s national artist for visual arts (painting) Pratuang Emjaroen died this morning (Monday) of COVID-19 at the age of 87.

The funeral, in line with Ministry of Public Health guidelines, is scheduled to be held later today at Wat Nimmanoradee, according to his children.

Cultural Promotion Department Director-General Chai Nakornchai said the department has granted 20,000 baht to the deceased’s family, to partially cover the funeral expenses, and another amount of up to 150,000 baht for the printing costs of a book about his works.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-national-artist-pratuang-emjaroen-dies-of-covid-19-at-87/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Had he been vaccinated or not is a big question I have.  It might not have made a difference if he had serious underlying medical issues, but it sure as Helped my 83 year old mother a year ago in the US, she came down with Delta and after 2 weeks in the hospital was home right as rain.  Unfortunately, she passed away last month while I was in the states and visiting her.  Cause of death was COPD and CHF, which she had for the past 5 years prior to covid and the vaccinations and hence had progressed to the last stage.

Stories like this leave a lot out of the equation and if it is only for informational purposes why say he died from Covid if indeed he had other medical problems.....just my 2 cents worth.

Pretty much every hospital, apart from africa and some of the stan countries received extra money if patients died of covid whilst in their care.

So there's always been a motive to list them as covid, they tried to do the same with my Gran RIP yet luckily my uncles managed to get it off the certificate.

We had the nursing home debacle in the UK hen this started again, the homes that took covid patients in, instead of them going to hospital also received monies per patient. (Horrendous idea)

Also the other reason is just normal governmental propaganda in order for a particular rhetoric to continue.

I find the whole thing disgusting, but also not sure what else you would expect from our governments, a bunch of crooks, always have been and unfortunately always will be,

5 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Pretty much every hospital, apart from africa and some of the stan countries received extra money if patients died of covid whilst in their care.

So there's always been a motive to list them as covid, they tried to do the same with my Gran RIP yet luckily my uncles managed to get it off the certificate.

We had the nursing home debacle in the UK hen this started again, the homes that took covid patients in, instead of them going to hospital also received monies per patient. (Horrendous idea)

Also the other reason is just normal governmental propaganda in order for a particular rhetoric to continue.

I find the whole thing disgusting, but also not sure what else you would expect from our governments, a bunch of crooks, always have been and unfortunately always will be,

So now the conspiracy is Thailands government is paying its hospitals.....give it a rest and stop with the misinformation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So now the conspiracy is Thailands government is paying its hospitals.....give it a rest and stop with the misinformation.

More than that, I've heard that there is some insurance in Thailand that gives covid survivors 100,000 baht. I can't believe that.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

More than that, I've heard that there is some insurance in Thailand that gives covid survivors 100,000 baht. I can't believe that.

There are plans that one could sign up for in case they caught Covid that would assist in paying the hospital costs as well as a few that actually paid a monetary amount out, sort of like the Thai Government paying those who had negative affects from the vaccinations including death, but not paying the hospitals as some say occurred in the west, more misinformation.

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

It could be possible (but rare) if the insurance is a certain kind of supplemental policy.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are called 'uplift payments' and that is exactly how the industry works, always has done.

Its not malicious or a conspiracy if the numbers reported tie in with those that actually requiried treatment for that case.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

'' I would remind him that anytime health care intersects with dollars it gets awkward. Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital, you’ll get paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.''

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-care-homes-faced-funding-cut-if-they-didnt-take-in-covid-19-patients-11986578

Holding back payments if the did not take covid or untested patients.

27 minutes ago, ed strong said:

They are called 'uplift payments' and that is exactly how the industry works, always has done.

Its not malicious or a conspiracy if the numbers reported tie in with those that actually requiried treatment for that case.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

'' I would remind him that anytime health care intersects with dollars it gets awkward. Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital, you’ll get paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.''

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-care-homes-faced-funding-cut-if-they-didnt-take-in-covid-19-patients-11986578

Holding back payments if the did not take covid or untested patients.

Your talking about the US and the west. This is Thailand 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your talking about the US and the west. This is Thailand 

Yes exactly.

There is nothing wrong with this type of practice, as long as the numbers are not swayed in anyway..... it how the industry works and you seem to suggest that in Thailand its different?

Its no where near being a conspiracy theory, its just how it works, you have to be paid depending on what equipment and staff you require. Thats the same for any job.

Its frankly ridiculous that people band this term (conspiracy) around and its somewhat insulting! when the user has no idea himself.

36 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Yes exactly.

There is nothing wrong with this type of practice, as long as the numbers are not swayed in anyway..... it how the industry works and you seem to suggest that in Thailand its different?

Its no where near being a conspiracy theory, its just how it works, you have to be paid depending on what equipment and staff you require. Thats the same for any job.

Its frankly ridiculous that people band this term (conspiracy) around and its somewhat insulting! when the user has no idea himself.

Unfortunately this OP is regarding Thailand and not elsewhere, so its best to stay on topic.

51 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately this OP is regarding Thailand and not elsewhere, so its best to stay on topic.

Any hospital operator will receive approximately 800,000 baht for providing treatment to a severe COVID-19 patient. Around 400,000 baht will be paid for treating an uncritical patient.
Thai government reimburses the hospital operators for the following items.

https://eng.nhso.go.th/view/1/DescriptionNews/No-hospital-charges-for-COVID-19-patients/318/EN-US

33 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Any hospital operator will receive approximately 800,000 baht for providing treatment to a severe COVID-19 patient. Around 400,000 baht will be paid for treating an uncritical patient.
Thai government reimburses the hospital operators for the following items.

https://eng.nhso.go.th/view/1/DescriptionNews/No-hospital-charges-for-COVID-19-patients/318/EN-US

They are paying the bills for the patients not being paid to count them as a covid patient who died....give it a rest......ignore list activated.