Medical Certificate for Driving License

aldriglikvid

46 minutes ago, a977 said:

Pay for one at immigration then make copy TIT

I know that, and have done so many times. But there was a recent report here that the Land Transport Office had asked for two originals from someone.... also immigration deliberately tell you that if you apply for 2 licence renewals, you will need 2 original CORs..... then a lie to line their own pockets better. It is darned long trip back to immigration for another!

On 3/9/2022 at 8:08 AM, fulhamster said:

Pattaya require a medical certificate for renewals. 

Did mine 2 weeks ago 

you might have handed one over, but they don't acually need for renewals - did mine (5Y to 5Y) 2 months back - car an bike together - 1 original residency cert plus copy - no medical certs - no prob. walked out with my 2 new licences ....

On 3/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Rules have changed since a while (last year?).

Now always required which makes sense BTW :biggrin:

Well it would make sense if they actually did anything. The doctor in the clinic I went to didn't even see me. He left it all to the receptionist. All he did was sign it off. It's a joke.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Will B Good said:

I think any small clinic will give you a 'check up' and certificate.

Height, weight and blood pressure usually.....very intensive!

At my last renewal check up the doctor opened a small sliding hatch and peered at me as I sat in the waiting area. A few minutes later his receptionist handed me the certificate!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

At my last renewal check up the doctor opened a small sliding hatch and peered at me as I sat in the waiting area. A few minutes later his receptionist handed me the certificate!

Yup, the doc at the clinic looked at me, asked "how old you". You look good he then stated....Next patient please.

A female doc may have even called me hansum?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 7:33 AM, MadMuhammad said:

Cnr of Pattaya Tai & 3rd Road 

https://goo.gl/maps/uM1dUnZM1sEqbYPG8

5D030E82-6B86-468F-ADB7-8372ACC006E4.png

Stopped by this place the other dayto get the paper for my renewal, 100baht, 5 min in-out. They actually took my blood pressure, and asked to talk to an older man in office who asked if i ever had operation or take medicines. 

i recall 5yrs ago got from the clinic in the hanuman intersection in jomtien, recall paid 150baht. I recall the only words used were 150baht and pick afternoon, no questions asked.

without further statistics on the market, it appears that the less words need to use inside the shop, the more you have to pay! Either way, the whole thing is just another (im)practical joke.

The renewal document checlkist that you get when you book your appointment lists the certificate as required document in Pattaya, but I guess the only way to really know if it is mandatory is to try go without it and see if you can walk out with new license.

I recall when living in China before, I did not even need to show up myself to the clinic to get the certificate, my driver just went and got it for me with my passport, might well work here too...             

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, Headgame said:

Medical certificate. Too funny.

I walked into a local clinic saying I needed the certificate for my DL.

That will be 100 THB.
Paid the 100 B and walked out with my certificate.

I guess I just look healthy.

If you walked in that's enough.

• Haha 2