Medical Certificate for Driving License

aldriglikvid

Hi, 

I'm about to renew my DL and I need a Medical Certificate. Any ideas where to get this in Pattaya for a small buck? Someone adviced me a hospital, but I figured a small clinic will do. Or is it a critical template only given by hospitals?

I stay in central pattaya

49 minutes ago, rwill said:

Is this your first 5 year license?  If not you should not need a medical certificate anymore.  I only needed one for my temporary license and the first 5 year license.  But not to renew the 5 year license.

Pattaya require a medical certificate for renewals. 

Did mine 2 weeks ago 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Is this your first 5 year license?  If not you should not need a medical certificate anymore.  I only needed one for my temporary license and the first 5 year license.  But not to renew the 5 year license.

I thought that situation had changed and medical certificates were also now required for 5 year renewals. Hard to stay on top of requirements.... Many are saying 2 original CORs if both car and motorcycle licences being renewed, but I believe immigration are just screwing people over on that one.

Medical certificate. Too funny.

I walked into a local clinic saying I needed the certificate for my DL.

That will be 100 THB.
Paid the 100 B and walked out with my certificate.

I guess I just look healthy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Check with your local Imm office to be sure.  Each have their own different requirements.  My office in Isaan requires cert from a hospital and rejects those from a clinic.

Seeing as this is thread is in the Pattaya section, I can say I renewed my license at the Pattaya office last year and they accepted the medical certificate from a nearby clinic, no mention of "hospital only" paperwork.

6 hours ago, rwill said:

I only needed one for my temporary license and the first 5 year license.  But not to renew the 5 year license.

Rules have changed since a while (last year?).

Now always required which makes sense BTW :biggrin:

6 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Pattaya require a medical certificate for renewals. 

Did mine 2 weeks ago 

I've renewed my 5 year twice in Pattaya, never provided or was asked for a medical certificate.

2 hours ago, fulhamster said:

this was my 4th renewal, previously it was 50/50 whether they wanted it. 

Now it is mandatory 

Well someone just commented that they did their renewal a week ago and no medical required. So who to believe?

Edited by giddyup

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

So who to believe?

Unless 100b will break you, go ahead and get the paperwork,  IF you're tight for money, go there without the medical cert. and hope for the best.

22 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Check with your local Imm office to be sure.  Each have their own different requirements.  My office in Isaan requires cert from a hospital and rejects those from a clinic.

Nothing to do with immigration, beyond their deal to get money for CORs, by telling people they need 2, and pink card. yellow books are not sufficient. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Nothing to do with immigration, beyond their deal to get money for CORs, by telling people they need 2, and pink card. yellow books are not sufficient. 

I used my yellow book to renew my 5-year motorbike license last month, didn't need a COR. I did need the medical certificate.

They didn't give me the color blindness test or the braking test, so I was out pretty quickly.  

On 3/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, jacko45k said:

I thought that situation had changed and medical certificates were also now required for 5 year renewals. Hard to stay on top of requirements.... Many are saying 2 original CORs if both car and motorcycle licences being renewed, but I believe immigration are just screwing people over on that one.

Pay for one at immigration then make copy TIT