Muiltple Entry Type O Visa For Marriage Can You Also Check In At Your Local Immigration Office?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You need to exit Thailand.

I assume your ME non O is based on marriage.

You can obtain a 60 day extension "to visit wife" for every entry.

If I understand correct and I do not apply for multiple entry I then can not leave Thailand for a year? What if I wish to visit Malaysia for a month or more?

23 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I understand correct and I do not apply for multiple entry I then can not leave Thailand for a year? What if I wish to visit Malaysia for a month or more?

You need to be more clear.

What do you currently have by way of permission of stay.

Is it an extension to non O based on what? Marriage or retirement.

Or do you have a ME visa based on marriage that issues 90 day stamp each time you enter..

Edit: I just noticed your username. 

You had a thread re problem with you annual extension to non O based on marriage.

You have a valid permission of stay. It expiry is on stamp in your pp.

If you wish to exit Thailand during that period you will need to obtain a reentry permit. Single 1000 baht.

Multiple 3800baht if you wish to protect that Permit. 

You can obtain reentry permit at immigration office or airport at departure. 

Edited by DrJack54

18 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Assuming you are talking about a 1-year extension, as long as you get a re-entry permit from immigration before you leave Thailand, you can re-enter on the 1-year extension after your Malaysian trip.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You need to be more clear.

What do you currently have by way of permission of stay.

Is it an extension to non O based on what? Marriage or retirement.

Or do you have a ME visa based on marriage that issues 90 day stamp each time you enter..

It is based on marriage. When I return to the local immigration office I had planned to apply for multiple entry visa. In the past I got my multiple entry Type O based on marriage in the states and just made border runs every 90 days or less. This time entered on visa exempt paid 1,900 baht for 60 day extension and just did all the paperwork for my Type O visa based on marriage . When I return to the office next week not sure better to apply for multiple entry. Correct me if I am wrong I thought with a multiple entry I could do either or. Check in with the office every 90 days or leave the country.

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

When I return to the office next week not sure better to apply for multiple entry. Correct me if I am wrong I thought with a multiple entry I could do either or. Check in with the office every 90 days or leave the country

The visas you used previously are not obtained in Thailand.

You have a completely different visa. 

Your recent extension gives you 12 month permission of stay.

Unlike your previous experiences there is no need to exit Thailand during the extension period (12 months).

If you wish to exit and return during your permission of stay period, then you buy a reentry permit as per my previous post. 

9 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

But if I pay 3,800 baht more I can do either or

The reentry permit is only needed if you want take a trip out of Thailand and return. 

If your going to only make one trip in that period you would buy a single entry if 3 + you would buy a multiple.