Thai Ambassador to Russia Calls For Adjustments to Tourism Strategies to Better Suit Russian Travelers’ Needs

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

An appeasing  statement by a man who is seeking continual Russian tourists, even though the VAST majority of people ( including TOURISTS )  want to have NOTHING to do with Russians anywhere in the world .

You sure about that? Between them China and India alone have over a 3rd of the world's population. Throw in Indonesia Brazil, South Africa, Vietnam, and Thailand and that comes to about half.

16 hours ago, Letseng said:

They can fly to Helsinki & get on the train home to Russia. Russians use the route to travel internationally. Demand for the service made the operator increase train frequency. No need to be stuck in Thailand.

And how do you suggest that they pay for the tickets when their debit/credit cards are frozen?

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Once upon a long time ago, when East was still East and West was West, I did that journey in the opposite direction. I was going to a party in northern Finland, and went by train from London via Moscow to buy some vodka (as one does). In the process I discovered Stolichnaya. Back then, around 1970, you couldn't choose a hotel to stay at in Moscow but were met at the station and taken to one.

Moscow 1.JPG

yes that was the good time 

Another example of lust for money trumping morality. Tangmo’s mother showed that. Parents of young prostitutes another. You wouldn’t be at fault for thinking it is a cultural phenomenon. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise for the leaders to do the same. It’s just that they’re not clever enough, or they think they’re too clever by declaring neutrality on one hand then doing this at the same time. ???? 

23 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Another example of lust for money trumping morality. Tangmo’s mother showed that. Parents of young prostitutes another. You wouldn’t be at fault for thinking it is a cultural phenomenon. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise for the leaders to do the same. It’s just that they’re not clever enough, or they think they’re too clever by declaring neutrality on one hand then doing this at the same time. ???? 

Such a contrast to Western nations like, say, the UK

https://www.dw.com/en/londongrad-uks-tough-balancing-act-on-russian-sanctions/a-60774545

Unless these Russian tourists are in fact expats. They should have brought some other currency besides the Russian Ruble with them. The expats must have bank accounts and some money left.

If the short time tourists did not think to get back home, well they were not thinking very smart!  The Russians may not all be fans of their leader, but it is their country, and certainly is time for them to get back to it before they are completely out of money.

On 3/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, Will B Good said:

I was stood at the end of a train carriage on the Moscow metro (long time ago) and nearly all the Russians were looking down the carriage at me.

I asked the girl I was with, why are they looking?

Perhaps she did not know how to say politely: "please, look on your open fly"... 

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 10:12 AM, TooBigToFit said:

Thailand should probably confiscate all the Russian owned property in Thailand and allocate it to the Ukrainians. That would be a good start.

You mean something like Thailand did when (on advice of English envoy) only in 1917 declared the war to Germany?

Then all German property was confiscated  and all their constructions stopped or taken over, the German engineers taken into internment somewhere in Asia, most of them never got back.

Then, e.g. railways tunnel to Chiang Mai had stayed unfinished for many years afterwards.