Terrible mosquito problem in and around the house - how to get rid of them?

SS1

18 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I have a low going plant ground cover that the mosquitos just love,

Every time I remove my balaclava from inside my m/bike crash helmet at least two mosquitos fly out.

16 hours ago, G Rex said:

This is correct - a film of oil prevents the mosquito larvae (wrigglers) from breathing , because the altered surface tension prevents them pushing out their ‘siphon’ or breathing tube.

You would need a complete surface covering if oil to work and that requires quite a bit to accomplish that 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

These are quite new and I have one in my bedroom...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/house-worth-hw-k502-i1439394832-s3734862267.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistbrand.list.19.65d317282P25fc&search=1&freeshipping=1

However it is a little to bright to sleep to so I only use it in the evenings. In the night I switch over to a Yage YG-5623. Bedroom only. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/yage-yg-5623-1955-2551-8-x55-x5-i111934616-s114559947.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.25947c04WkJEsk&search=1

Not specific to above but be very careful of fan units - had a cheap unit overheat and plastic case became an open flame - as with many cheap products these days safety is not a priority.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Yes...the death sizzle is a genuine source of joy.

Indeed it is! Is almost like im welcoming them now--open my door to tempt them in..maybe they are hip to me now....I may go downstairs in the dark areas and lit up the night like Katy Perry singing Fireworks....maybe charge 20 baht for the light show