Environment Ministry Closely Monitoring Seasonal Haze

webfact

Anyone can monitor haze by looking out of the window; the trick is to do something. According to the above figures there were 5000 fewer hot spots AKA fires.  Does this mean five thousand farmers learned a lesson last year after massive fines were imposed?

"From the beginning of this year to March 8, a total of 12,796 hotspots were reported across forest areas and farmlands. This figure was lower than last year’s 17,289 hotspots and 25,770 in 2020."

I would think that figures for 2020 and 21 were total for the whole year. Small chance they were adjusted for 1st January to 8th March.

So this year statistics have a long way to go, minimum another month. Plus end of the year, after the rainy season.

I don't remember the last year being better than 2020. Contrary, it's the first time that I was forced to get 2 air cleaners, filters on windows nets and on room fans.

This year's February was very wet, with rainy clouds coming already end of January. And winds blowing clean from the South, instead of air pollution coming from China. Very unusual pattern for those months. 

Edited by internationalism