Questions regarding to getting Tourist visa in cambodia

Anyone have successfully in getting TR in Cambodia? This is the first time to border run so i want everything get prepared before i go. i am currently on STV with covid extension. 

Do the thai embassy will require other documents other than specified on their website? What do you submit to apply the TR? Please share to me!

Required Documents

1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  2. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
  3. Recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photograph of the applicant
  4. Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (i.e. air ticket receipt paid in full)
  5. Evidence of adequate finance for the entire duration of stay in Thailand (at least 1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family)

The other question is i would like to apply the retirement visa for my family. i opened bank account in hua hin branch but i relocated to pattaya recently. Can i still get the bank statement letter in the pattaya branch or will they require me to open a new bank account?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you had a special tourist visa followed by a Covid extension, this implies that you have been the best part of a year in Thailand. While I do not know the current policy at the Phnom Penh embassy, historically, they have been sticky about giving tourist visas to those who have been a long time recently in Thailand as tourists. I hope all goes OK for you.

As far as getting a bank letter out of province, I think that varies from bank to bank. Which bank did you use for your Hua Hin account?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Socheng said:

This is the first time to border run

For reference (Google):-

"The Cambodia-Laos, Cambodia-Thailand and Cambodia-Vietnam land borders are closed to travellers" They are only open for legal migrant workers.

Entry into Cambodia is only via AIR by flying into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap International airports. An e-visa can be applied for prior to your departure.

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you had a special tourist visa followed by a Covid extension, this implies that you have been the best part of a year in Thailand. While I do not know the current policy at the Phnom Penh embassy, historically, they have been sticky about giving tourist visas to those who have been a long time recently in Thailand as tourists. I hope all goes OK for you.

As far as getting a bank letter out of province, I think that varies from bank to bank. Which bank did you use for your Hua Hin account?

Coz STV cannot change to other visa. If they ask why i stay for a long time in thailand. My answer is i stay here for a year and really want to learn thai, so i would like to get the ed visa. I have prepared the bank statement in case they want to take a look. 

I use Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin

32 minutes ago, Socheng said:

I use Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin

My recollection is that Bangkok Bank will issue out of province letters. To be safe, go into your branch with a sample of the required letter and verify that they can do one for you.

OP for reference and may be different in Hua Hin or Pattaya. Local Bangkok Bank in Kumphawapi can issue 6 month statement while you wait but 1 Year in my case the local branch had to send to Bangkok which took @ 2 weeks...

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

this is true. most likely OP will have problem unless they not changed anything because of covid.

i dont think ED visa lie will work. im pretty sure hes not the only one tried that. 

Although i heard non-b for work or non-o thai wife visas are really easy to get in cambodia

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

this is true. most likely OP will have problem unless they not changed anything because of covid.

i dont think ED visa lie will work. im pretty sure hes not the only one tried that. 

Although i heard non-b for work or non-o thai wife visas are really easy to get in cambodia

Is there any cambodia agent can help me to get the visa other than apply TR? I dont want to take risk at BKK airport not allowed to enter to Thailand. 

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

How many covid extensions you do after sTV?

when does current extension expire?

What is your age?

What nationality are you?

I got 1 covid extension after STV which will expire on 22 March. I am 27 from Hong Kong.

i work as a digital nomad. I have no way to come back Hong Kong due to current covid situation and the government measures. 

Did not see it mentioned here so far, but entry back into Thailand, you will be required to go through the Thaipass process; you can't just fly back to Thailand without it. Although this maybe changes within the coming months, this is the situation now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Socheng said:

Is there any cambodia agent can help me to get the visa other than apply TR? I dont want to take risk at BKK airport not allowed to enter to Thailand. 

Im sorry never used agency at cambodia.

Actually might be a better idea to call the embassy there and ask. 

If you can, i would go laos. But you need to get a tour. Dont know if you really have to be with the group or not, most likely no. Then you can try your visa