How Can I Watch the NCAA Basketball tourney?

1 hour ago, DBath said:

FUBO for around $60 USD for 1 month, plus vpn. 

I use FUBOTV and am really happy with it, I use it on my AppleTV with a DNS provider (Getflix), however there is a major issue with FUBO and the tournament. FuboTV does not have TNT and TBS in their channel line up so you will miss a hell of a lot of games as only the CBS broadcasts will be available. SlingTV offers TBS and TNT at $40 / month but they don't offer CBS. So if you want it all under one subscription HULU LiveTV might be the best option.

• Like 1

Download the Kodi app from the playstore.

Install the "crew" file.

They'll be an option for sports on the drop down menu.

I've been watching NBA and previously Al televised NFL games.

You'll need a descent WiFi connection and an Android box.

I recommend the "mi box S" 4k for seamless streaming.

Troypoint is a great guide for cable cutters.  He has simple step by step instructions on installing anything and everything for streaming. (Lots advertising, but its very informative site.)

https://troypoint.com/

You won't need a VPN in Thailand throttling your speeds.

Screenshot_20220315-105701_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220315-105453_Lazada.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crobertsjr said:

I use Paramount+ with a VPN showing I am in the USA. It costs about $60 for a year and includes CBS.

Problem with that is you only get the CBS broadcasts, Final four games are all on TNT and TBS.

• Like 1

I ended up having to sign up for Sling Blue at $35 for the month, it'll give me  TRUtv TNT and TBS games. For those that need access to the CBS broadcasts then Paramount+ for a month makes sense and all will be covered at a decent price. I plan to cancel Sling after the tournament is over.

Edited by Soondae

You want to watch every game (yes I know this may be challenging), some games?

You're in thailand?

You have broadband internet?

What device? TV? Android box? Phone?

FYI, clocks changed last weekend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/new/

led me to 

http://www.blackbolt.ga/2022/03/fb8b08ba.html

Washington State vs. Santa Clara

Can also find completed games.

ncaa.jpg

On 3/15/2022 at 4:21 AM, Soondae said:

I use FUBOTV and am really happy with it, I use it on my AppleTV with a DNS provider (Getflix), however there is a major issue with FUBO and the tournament. FuboTV does not have TNT and TBS in their channel line up so you will miss a hell of a lot of games as only the CBS broadcasts will be available. SlingTV offers TBS and TNT at $40 / month but they don't offer CBS. So if you want it all under one subscription HULU LiveTV might be the best option.

Thanks for the info, I should’ve researched that better. Since my fubo TV membership expires tomorrow, I was able to cancel that before getting charged for another month (I only got it so I could watch NFL Playoffs and March Madness).  I discovered YouTube TV has a deal that is free for the rest of March. That promotion includes the first month at 14.99 after which you can cancel. YouTube TV gets all the channels needed for March madness. I found this option better and more reliable than trying to get around without having to pay for streaming. 

Back when I was trying out all the services there was an issue I noted with YoutubeTV that required you to login from your registered address every so often in order to continue to use the service. So I never tried it as I deemed it not usable here in Thailand. I ran into an issue with Hulu Live TV that only allows your location to change 4 times then they lock you out. That is why I prefer Sling and Fubo over the other services. Fubo gives you 250 hours of DVR and also my regional sports channels which they automatically record all the games for me; baseball, basketball and football.

2 hours ago, Soondae said:

Back when I was trying out all the services there was an issue I noted with YoutubeTV that required you to login from your registered address every so often in order to continue to use the service. So I never tried it as I deemed it not usable here in Thailand. I ran into an issue with Hulu Live TV that only allows your location to change 4 times then they lock you out. That is why I prefer Sling and Fubo over the other services. Fubo gives you 250 hours of DVR and also my regional sports channels which they automatically record all the games for me; baseball, basketball and football.

I’ve noticed this also, but only occasionally, when I try to stream using my iPhone - not always though. YoutubeTV works fine from my laptop, because it seems to use the vpn server location. I found even fubo has the same issue when I stream using iPhone. My true location is Spain, so not sure if that matters. 

16 hours ago, RegularGuy77 said:

You can use Ustvgo for free. You just need a vpn to connect to a US server via the vpn.

after you connect to the US just google ustvgo. When inside ustvgo they have TV guide. Has all the major channels.

Using ExpressVPN with Ustvgo I can get all the March Madness channels (CBS, TBS, TruTV) except TNT. When I try to open TNT it asks me to click on a link which takes me to a NordVPN subscription page. Same happens on most of the paid channels (ie, HBO, Paramount, etc). Not a bad deal, if you can go without TNT. 

Not sure how this thread has ended up in the UK and Europe section. I somehow doubt that there are many Brits (or other Europeans) who are skipping up and down their sois at the present time in a state of unbridled excitement over some basketball tournament taking place in the States!

But when it comes to the English Premier League and FA Cup on the other hand.....????

Isn't it a shame there isn't something like the NBA or NFL for college basketball? 

Reading this thread, there isn't an easy solution. I guess I'll continue to do what I've done for 10 years, watch condensed highlights on Youtube. 

Go St. Peters 

On 3/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, DBath said:

Using ExpressVPN with Ustvgo I can get all the March Madness channels (CBS, TBS, TruTV) except TNT. When I try to open TNT it asks me to click on a link which takes me to a NordVPN subscription page. Same happens on most of the paid channels (ie, HBO, Paramount, etc). Not a bad deal, if you can go without TNT. 

Yes, I use NordVPN.