Covid extensions after March 25?

Just now, rbkk said:

Update: Covid-19 extension #10 as per usual. Report back on 2nd April. The IO did say this might be the last time, she didn't know for sure though. IO said nothing on my last visit 19th January. My last entry to Thailand on my Multiple Entry Non-O (Savannakhet-Thai Children) was in February 2020. This particular IO kindly photocopied the pages that I hadn't copied (Full passport), for no charge. A few years ago they used to send you out across the road to do any extra copying that was needed. As the blue receipts are numbered it's interesting to note that only 22 have been issued in the past 60 days. In the 60 days prior to that there were 66 issued. I dressed and acted appropriately. 1900 baht.

They wanted a photocopy of every page in your passport? 

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

They wanted a photocopy of every page in your passport? 

She didn't say anything to me before she left the room and returned with a pile of copies for me to sign. Not a word about any fee for that service. I had already had the 4 most relevent pages copied.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Update: Covid-19 extension #10 as per usual. Report back on 2nd April. The IO did say this might be the last time, she didn't know for sure though. IO said nothing on my last visit 19th January. My last entry to Thailand on my Multiple Entry Non-O (Savannakhet-Thai Children) was in February 2020. This particular IO kindly photocopied the pages that I hadn't copied (Full passport), for no charge. A few years ago they used to send you out across the road to do any extra copying that was needed. As the blue receipts are numbered it's interesting to note that only 22 have been issued in the past 60 days. In the 60 days prior to that there were 66 issued. I dressed and acted appropriately. 1900 baht.

So you obtained a COVID extension while on a Non-O, seems like you might have got lucky. What immigration office was this?

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

What immigration office was this?

Due to a strong likelyhood of many problem cases besieging that office I hope you can understand my wishing not to make it public as I have been using it without any problems for over 23 years. If your local office is not following the same guidelines there are more appropriate channels to persue than me announcing where to run to. I hope you can understand my cautious approach.

Edited by rbkk
Sp.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Due to a strong likelyhood of many problem cases besieging that office I hope you can understand my wishing not to make it public as I have been using it without any problems for over 23 years. If your local office is not following the same guidelines there are more appropriate channels to persue than me anouncing where to run to. I hope you can understand my cautious approach.

Understandable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Jealousy from expats on retirement visas who think they have more of a right to be here than others because they're 50+ it seems like. Some people are just bitter too and need something to complain about because they don't have much else going on. It's a waste of time and energy in my opinion to try and understand the motivations behind these types of people and you find them everywhere.

Talk to any business owner in a tourist city and they'll only have good things to say about the extensions as it has kept some of them afloat the past few years. I hope any person who wants to stay here and contribute to the economy gets to stay as long as they're legally allowed to if they are following all the laws and rules.

I did ask one guy in IRovers a while ago who was spitting mad about COVID extensions. He said it made it harder for people like him to get his extensions every year. Anyway it turns out he used an agent for his extensions anyway, so good knows what his problem was 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Just a quick one

why are some people here absolutely demanding the COVID extensions are ended.

what does it matter to you if some people you don’t know and have never met get another COVID extension in April.?

Their just grumpy old men who probably complain about everything. 

8 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

The Emergency Decree has just been extended for another 2 months. Which means that Covid extensions must also be extended.

And announcement for CE extended will be Thurs or, I prefer Friday for dramatic effect. 

Time will tell. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

And announcement for CE extended will be Thurs or, I prefer Friday for dramatic effect. 

Time will tell. 

What's your thoughts on the emergency decree being extended? Do u think the emergency decree and covid extensions go hand in hand? Once one comes the other will follow? 

9 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

What's your thoughts on the emergency decree being extended? Do u think the emergency decree and covid extensions go hand in hand? Once one comes the other will follow? 

Pretty much what @JoseThailand stated.

History shows hand in hand.

Anyway...they will be extended.

Happy to be shown to be wrong.

Cup half full guy here.

Why end them. 

• Like 1

Great advice here on the possible covid extension,  I appreciate it.  Am in the same boat wouldn't mind a trip home, but would all be much easier in a few months.   Would be disheartening to find out they were granted as I am departing for the long flight home.  I have a connection at Chiang Wattana and will see if she has any news in the next day or two.  Cheers!

• Like 1

All these illegals must leave!!  Cheating the system!!  You can leave! Leave!  It’s unfair to me because…………….well……….ah…………….I’m so mad!!……….because…….ah……..

I’ve heard it all.  One zillion haters on everything under the Sun.   Always negative, thinking they can manipulate others.

I'm here checking for a friend.  Hope they extend for them.  Extend is a win/win, really.   Well, the bitter old men lose.   That’s a win.  Lol.  I’ll check back tomorrow 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

All these illegals must leave!!  Cheating the system!!  You can leave! Leave!  It’s unfair to me because…………….well……….ah…………….I’m so mad!!……….because…….ah……..

I’ve heard it all.  One zillion haters on everything under the Sun.   Always negative, thinking they can manipulate others.

I'm here checking for a friend.  Hope they extend for them.  Extend is a win/win, really.   Well, the bitter old men lose.   That’s a win.  Lol.  I’ll check back tomorrow 

haha exactly. Miserable haters. Hard to understand what their problem is and how it concerns their life. The only reason I can figure is that someone went trough so much trouble to get one of Thailand's very few visa types and is not upset that some can just stay easily with a covid extension :)) This country has a serious lack of visa classes and until that changes people will use whatever other ways to stay – why the hell whine about it!

I'm at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office now. Applying for my second covid extension. They told me the covid extension date was moved until may. Don't take this as granted because people here always say different things. But the guy that checks all documents even went into the office and asked the main officers if I can get another extension because today is the deadline and my extension is until April 11. 

I'll get a "under consideration" stamp and have to come back in 2 weeks to get the extension stamp. It was the same with my first covid extension. I think if the covid extension date wouldn't be extended to may they wouldn't give me the "under consideration" stamp.

A bit confusing but the important Info i got is that they apparently extending until May.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheFriend said:

I think if the covid extension date wouldn't be extended to may they wouldn't give me the "under consideration" stamp

No offense but they would/could give you under consideration period irrespective of what happens post March 25.

BTW the immigration officers wouldn't have a clue what's happening after today. 

20 minutes ago, TheFriend said:

I'm at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office now. Applying for my second covid extension. They told me the covid extension date was moved until may. Don't take this as granted because people here always say different things. But the guy that checks all documents even went into the office and asked the main officers if I can get another extension because today is the deadline and my extension is until April 11. 

I'll get a "under consideration" stamp and have to come back in 2 weeks to get the extension stamp. It was the same with my first covid extension. I think if the covid extension date wouldn't be extended to may they wouldn't give me the "under consideration" stamp.

A bit confusing but the important Info i got is that they apparently extending until May.

Same deal as me this morning. Picked up a new covid extension and told today is not the last day. 

• Like 1