Air-con in DMax not cooling - AGAIN!

Toolong

Got an old DMax Hi-Lander. Bought it new about 12 years ago.

For first 6 years or so, the air-con (ac) was fine. Then started to repeatedly have trouble. Local Isuzu dealer pumped more gas into the system and checked this & that, including replacing some kind of (costly) component on the fan belt system. Seemed fixed (ie, cooler) but again & again it never really stayed cool and I've spent multiple 1000's of baht over the years having it seen to, including a new compressor and god knows what. Isuzu never sorted it out satisfactorily (including forgetting to put the filter back in the unit beneath the passenger seat!) and after the warrenty expired it was various small businesses locally. Without long-term, permanently- fixed success.

Getting to the point of this: now once again failing to properly blow cool air. I know it's the hot season but that's just coincidence and that's not the issue. Something is wrong again and I'm at the end of my bl***y tether over this! I will seek out a new place locally tomorrow.....but I wondered if anyone out there might be able to offer advice about what it might be.....and what I should specifically expect them to check. Also kind of hoping someone may have experienced the same (baffling) situation and point me more precisely in the right direction.

Sorry this is a rambling mess, I know, but any help would be appreciated. 

• Haha 1

Try a different Izusu dealer by posting where you live so others here can recommend one. 

We have a car electrical shop that sorts air-cons maybe there one where you live. 

Try a Cockpit or BQuik and if they cannot help they usually know someone who can. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Try a different Izusu dealer by posting where you live so others here can recommend one. 

We have a car electrical shop that sorts air-cons maybe there one where you live. 

Try a Cockpit or BQuik and if they cannot help they usually know someone who can. 

To be honest, Kwasaki, I became a bit disillusioned with Isuzu re the air-con. Engine-wise, yes, know their stuff, but their air-con team (Pakchong btw) not so expert.

I could indeed try the local Cockpit or Bquik. Basically.....I need to find 'The Go-to Guy'! The fella who really knows his business! There's always one! ????????

• Haha 1

The only part to change is the evaporator coil behind your dashboard and you haven't even checked this... ????

Did they put color in your system to check where it is leaking ?

Did they put a sniffer in the ventilation holes on your dashbord to check if coil was leaking ?

Only 2 smart way to check if an aircon is leaking and you haven't been able to get it checked properly....

• Like 1

The only part to change is the evaporator coil behind your dashboard and you haven't even checked this... ????

Did they put a sniffer in the ventilation holes on your dashbord to check if coil was leaking ?

Only 2 smart way to check if an aircon is leaking and you haven't been able to get it checked properly....

21 minutes ago, ToyotaVigoThailand said:

The only part to change is the evaporator coil behind your dashboard and you haven't even checked this... ????

I don't know for sure that they didn't do what you described, but I don't think they did. 

Good to know this. Will be very useful to have this info when I go to the shop!

Thanks a lot!????????

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

To be honest, Kwasaki, I became a bit disillusioned with Isuzu re the air-con. Engine-wise, yes, know their stuff, but their air-con team (Pakchong btw) not so expert.

I could indeed try the local Cockpit or Bquik. Basically.....I need to find 'The Go-to Guy'! The fella who really knows his business! There's always one! ????????

Yeah it is frustrating but keep asking about,  I would say most the guys who know will be in Bkk. 

1 hour ago, ToyotaVigoThailand said:

wrong, you do not need an area to tell him the only correct way to check aircon, which you also doesn't seem to know...

Well - right & wrong....I had a shop in mind had he been in my area that could assist.....

I'm retired auto service industry - Lexus....

I would suspect a dye test had been performed + a vacuum pull down, as well as a sniffer test in the dash area..... It's typically going to be a small leak somewhere = it's locating it to make the repair....Every step is going to have to be repeated....

Hopefully, someone in his area has a decent shop in mind.....

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah it is frustrating but keep asking about,  I would say most the guys who know will be in Bkk. 

I'll go into the local town tomorrow and ask at 5 different shops connected with the motor trade - but not air-con repair. If I get 2 or more of the more experienced-looking guys tell the name of one shop in particular......that's my starting point! ????

Thanks for your comments. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Well - right & wrong....I had a shop in mind had he been in my area that could assist.....

I'm retired auto service industry - Lexus....

I would suspect a dye test had been performed + a vacuum pull down, as well as a sniffer test in the dash area..... It's typically going to be a small leak somewhere = it's locating it to make the repair....Every step is going to have to be repeated....

Hopefully, someone in his area has a decent shop in mind.....

Interesting comment, pgrahmm. Dye test, vacuum pull down & sniffer test in the dash area. I think ToyotaVigoThailand mentioned these too, so I'll be looking out to see if they include those.

Thanks a lot. 

(Lexus, eh? Wouldn't mind one of those.????)

• 1 month later...