Why bitcoin, NFTs, etc. will end in tears

On 3/16/2022 at 8:17 AM, Iamfalang said:

Bought 10,000 coins at 400.  Sold at 55,000.

whose crying???  No tears.

now get out there and get rich!!!   Poor people make excuses.   You can do it!!

indeed. and the naysayers will be crying into their beers. oh that's right, they can't afford beers anymore because the price went up by 2 baht per bottle

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 1

Always going to be haters for a new asset class.  It has been around for many years now and some cryptos have come and gone while the top players in the field are still in play and unlike some folks do not believe they do have use.

When the Petro-dollar goes belly-up, anyone with Bitcoin or other cryptoes will be sitting pretty. I like the investments in land and those NFTs too.

I'm seriously looking at buying some land in the metaverse. There is a plot of about three hectares going for 100k Baht (in Ethereum) a hectare, near Pugsville. Seems like a lot of dosh, but anyone wishing to cross the land - or even set foot on it - has to pay a toll. And if there is a battle there, I'll tenfold my money, through rent alone. Of course any weapons will have to be rented; guess who from?

There is also a rowing boat for sale in the Spoegosso Sea. Anyone wishing to get to Flop Island, has to either swim across, or pay to get ferried across. So it will be a steady income stream.

I have about 30 NFTs at the present time. They have authentication and are registered. I plan to sell them off when the time is right.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

When the Petro-dollar goes belly-up, anyone with Bitcoin or other cryptoes will be sitting pretty. I like the investments in land and those NFTs too.

I'm seriously looking at buying some land in the metaverse. There is a plot of about three hectares going for 100k Baht (in Ethereum) a hectare, near Pugsville. Seems like a lot of dosh, but anyone wishing to cross the land - or even set foot on it - has to pay a toll. And if there is a battle there, I'll tenfold my money, through rent alone. Of course any weapons will have to be rented; guess who from?

There is also a rowing boat for sale in the Spoegosso Sea. Anyone wishing to get to Flop Island, has to either swim across, or pay to get ferried across. So it will be a steady income stream.

I have about 30 NFTs at the present time. They have authentication and are registered. I plan to sell them off when the time is right.

Where is Flop island?

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Where is Flop island?

The simple and obvious answer is the Metaverse. But the Metaverse is continually being mapped, so new lands and seas are being discovered and created.

AFAIA, Flop Island is in the Capz Sea; in the third dimension. I'll research more and report back.

The beauty of buying land - and indeed boats - is that they can be then used as an income stream. Plenty of people will want to holiday on these islands in the future..

• Haha 1

This guy is buried so deep in a small box of convention and the financial industry, it would be difficult for him to conceive of any sort of alternative to his sacred cow. 

Former head of the SEC. About as much credibility as saying you were the former head of the FDA or the Stasi. 

Multiple alternatives are desperately needed to curb the extreme recklessness of the Fed, the Treasury, the WTO, the IMF, and similar agencies. 

Edited by spidermike007

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

I wish he’d been correct. I was programming in the early 80’s, 19 kb of  memory, and I could write the whole Payroll program for a company with 1000+ employees. The ‘testing’ department would throw it back at me to re-write if there was greater than 4 second wait for the end user ( between input or output ).

I have a new laptop with 4 GB of RAM that takes 2 minutes to boot up and regularly ‘hangs’ midway through a process.

Progress? But I do get to view some pretty graphics and pictures whilst I’m waiting.

What's the OS? The Linux MX on my laptop and desktop takes 20-30 seconds, can't recall it ever hanging up on me.

I forget who coined the term fatware, but most of us know which OS is being referred to.

Another Bill Gates quote:

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning"

I'd say Microsoft must be very knowledgeable by now.

As far as searching in the metaverse is concerned; 'megaseach' is the way to go.

Blockchain will not only be the safeguard of meteverse transactions, but the integrity of the metaverse is essential if people - real people like you and me - are to safeguard their acquisitions. For instance: it would not be possible to go unauthorised onto land in the continent of Fluffz without permission. If a metaverse browser (real person) wants to pass through a country he/she would need a password to do so. this requires a small fee. We are only talking a tiny fee, but with a million users a day wishing to venture forth, it can be seen where the money is.

Most of the people rubbishing the metaverse have no cryptoes and do not see their value.

As far as NFTs are concerned, they will ultimately be used as symbols for groups, gangs and war. That is in the metaverse of course. In real life they will find their way into art galleries and exhibitions.

1 hour ago, cmarshall said:

I am guessing you don't know how much the US government subsidizes the heroic private enterprises to whom we owe so much.

That's the ones that showed their gratitude by moving jobs to China and Mexico over the past decades?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

What you and your coin members want and wish for, is an economic anarchy. 

Bitcoin owners have become an extreme greedy egoistic movement wishing for total collaps of the established economical norm and standard. 

Hahah, nope I have no wish for collapse..you extrapolate a bit much and bit wide..nor does being in the crypto sphere make me an egoist ?

"All X are Y" black-and-white broad stroke thinking.

Money is there to be made and seems to be there is a mass resentment for anyone taking advantage of the swings better than precious metals or old school stocks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I am guessing you don't know how much the US government subsidizes the heroic private enterprises to whom we owe so much.

Where does the money come from that is used for these subsidies?

And London to a brick you are a former Government employee.

Edited by Adumbration

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Most of the people rubbishing the metaverse have no cryptoes and do not see their value.

I think its tosh, but I admire your conviction and foresight. Will it become? Yes of course you are right there. But its "when" that is the question and are you putting your money into "land" on a platform that may be killed off in the not too distant future by a bigger, better, provider?

I noted your plan to sell at an opportune time, good trade.

23 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Oh, and crypto fanciers also seem to overlook that they have embraced the most energy wasteful means of exchange ever conjured by humanity.

I agreed with everything else you said except that bit. Proof of work is not the only model in existence. Proof of Stake and Proof of History are already here and being used by some of the big L1 players. 

56 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Where does the money come from that is used for these subsidies?

And London to a brick you are a former Government employee.

Because it goes without saying there is not interest but self-interest?

28 minutes ago, Whale said:

I think its tosh, but I admire your conviction and foresight. Will it beype.come? Yes of course you are right there. But its "when" that is the question and are you putting your money into "land" on a platform that may be killed off in the not too distant future by a bigger, better, provider?

I noted your plan to sell at an opportune time, good trade.

I think that many are not aware of what is going on. Millions of youngsters are entering the Metaverse as we type.  The future is now. There is a chance for all of us to buy some land. assets, equipment etc.

It does take some understanding, but once the 'penny drops people will see the Metaverse future. For those that get in early there are absolute fortunes to be made. Not that 'fortunes' is that important to many.

Imagine you have bought some land in the Metaverse, and the particular bit of land is the gateway to fun and games. Also battles and love! Anyone wishing to pass through your. land HAS to pay a small fee. Without paying the fee, there is no right-of-way. The fee is in a crypto, and if converted, might be as little as 1 baht (say), but if your area become popular, there could be a million people crossing your land every day. Look at it as an investment that could be sold, if another sees the potential.

The Metaverse is here and now. Best not to be left behind.

Edited by owl sees all