Why bitcoin, NFTs, etc. will end in tears

On 3/16/2022 at 8:17 AM, Iamfalang said:

Bought 10,000 coins at 400.  Sold at 55,000.

whose crying???  No tears.

No doubt some will make money. in every scam someone makes money , the OP does not claim that you are crying now, but that those who will be lest holding the bag will be crying. 

so  to your question 

Those who will be buying at 55,000 and sell at 400 ,

• Like 2

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

When the Petro-dollar goes belly-up, anyone with Bitcoin or other cryptoes will be sitting pretty. I like the investments in land and those NFTs too.

I'm seriously looking at buying some land in the metaverse. There is a plot of about three hectares going for 100k Baht (in Ethereum) a hectare, near Pugsville. Seems like a lot of dosh, but anyone wishing to cross the land - or even set foot on it - has to pay a toll. And if there is a battle there, I'll tenfold my money, through rent alone. Of course any weapons will have to be rented; guess who from?

There is also a rowing boat for sale in the Spoegosso Sea. Anyone wishing to get to Flop Island, has to either swim across, or pay to get ferried across. So it will be a steady income stream.

I have about 30 NFTs at the present time. They have authentication and are registered. I plan to sell them off when the time is right.

I have always loved your tongue-in-cheek humor from your life in Issan thread.  Nice to see you bring it over here.

I’m going to buy the airspace over your land and then put a giant catapult on one side and a massive feather pillow on the other side.  I will charge people to be launched through the air from one side to the other of your weed covered vacant lot.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

I have always loved your tongue-in-cheek humor from your life in Issan thread.  Nice to see you bring it over here.

I’m going to buy the airspace over your land and then put a giant catapult on one side and a massive feather pillow on the other side.  I will charge people to be launched through the air from one side to the other of your weed covered vacant lot.

Unfortunately he is not joking this time around, I think you need to look at what's occurring in the Metaverse and yes its all available, it is like when on-line gaming started up and people could use alt coins to purchase and play games and so on......

https://duckduckgo.com/y.js?ad_provider=bingv7aa&eddgt=EJP5_ARWeCmtvhjAWzUqOg%3D%3D&rut=0daf06ebcd0365480b09de38c999d4e1b2081e4f399560d901d6682f7602298c&u3=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Faclick%3Fld%3De80q2taK5ebjB7e1b3jlSSRzVUCUxSx2-LzydapHYHlGHjMR-qspLD1l1t7GnLk4m1D57JYkrNO0ZmLM23MjFUsYjHOCprv2FiGZErs8o31VUxAcOW2JerYPRwKachmS9cF3t-KWo1M76XBPfP1MwHshngAd-ffTQAHHjxY_D0T618zmRxVvL2j1JyzsJOd0IRjfYX7Q%26u%3DaHR0cHMlM2ElMmYlMmZ0aWxpYXZlcnNlLmNvbSUyZiUzZnV0bV9zb3VyY2UlM2RiaW5nJTI2dXRtX21lZGl1bSUzZGNwYyUyNnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbiUzZGdlbmVyaWMlMjUyMC0lMjUyMGVuJTI2dXRtX2FnaWQlM2QxMzUyNDAwNzgyMzIwMzI0JTI2dXRtX3Rlcm0lM2RtZXRhdmVyc2UlMjUyMGxhbmQlMjZtc2Nsa2lkJTNkZjA1ZjlmZDBkMzQ5MTMxNTZlNTlmZGU3MTM1MWJjZDMlMjZ1dG1fY29udGVudCUzZG1ldGF2ZXJzZSUyNTIwcHJvcGVydHk%26rlid%3Df05f9fd0d34913156e59fde71351bcd3&vqd=3-266664751549691546522023182027460804447-184548997152674896056538701134618745073&iurl={1}IG%3DE0A6D4A3775D4C199005E42ACB97D2B0%26CID%3D27EF204D517969941225312350E568F2%26ID%3DDevEx%2C5711.1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

If it was that good why is are there so many trying to get you to invest in it?

I have too admit I see your point of view Clive. There is simply masses of shilling going on on YouTube, twitter and social media (I am not talking about here on this forum as there seems to be a equitably sided discussion here) with nothing to back it except illegal (IMHO) business practices and what I consider fraud by the shillers. I can see why anyone would be distrustful. I think the biggest asset that anyone who is in or venturing into crypto is an extreme sense of scepticism. 

Saying that I have taken the plunge though, not for xxxxx% but for 20 percent here and 15 percent there and a pot I am willing too lose like any gambler.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, Lacessit said:

What's the OS? The Linux MX on my laptop and desktop takes 20-30 seconds, can't recall it ever hanging up on me.

I forget who coined the term fatware, but most of us know which OS is being referred to.

Another Bill Gates quote:

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning"

I'd say Microsoft must be very knowledgeable by now.

I only bought the m/c because I hate working from my tiny iPhone 7 screen and my main go-to is a 27 inch apple mac which is obviously too big to carry around. Regardless, to answer your question, the machine was pre-loaded with MS 10 which I then upgraded to MS11 and the updates took an age.  I removed (or at least tried to ) the 'free' Norton anti-virus that was insistent on advising me every 10 minutes that I was at risk , and the only other program  I installed on the m/c was LibreOffice 7.2. HDD shows 421 GB of 464 GB FREE.

I realise this is apples and oranges , but would we buy a car if it took 20-30 seconds ( in your case ) to actually function. I went on an Acer forum site to seek advice on the issue and most of the responses had me almost re-building the m/c . 

Luckily I still have my trusted and reliable Commodore VIC-20 to hand.

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

I realise this is apples and oranges , but would we buy a car if it took 20-30 seconds ( in your case ) to actually function. I went on an Acer forum site to seek advice on the issue and most of the responses had me almost re-building the m/c . 

A gasoline ICE starts in a few seconds, I think the glow plug on diesels take a bit longer.

I ditched Microsoft as an OS after the abortion that was Windows Vista. IIRC, an auto industry executive wrote an opinion piece comparing the performance of Microsoft with that of a car, which highlighted what consumers have been conditioned to accept in computers, and which car buyers would flatly reject.

Hang on to that Commodore, it may be worth megabucks some day.

• Like 1