Android Tv Box - Lazada

1948wjm

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

From that page

Note: Apps listed below generally work but I recommend you download and test few apps to find which one works smoothly. 

Maybe use Google  --  Useless recommendation.

Which apps do you use? For which channels?

You claimed: 

I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

So why be secretive?

there is nothing for free.... some apps may temporarily allow free access to their stream but usually there is buffering/ pop up adds but you could try TEASPORTLIVE apk,  sometimes they do have free live sports and with my MeCool KM6 box it works

Edited by Mavideol

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

From that page

Note: Apps listed below generally work but I recommend you download and test few apps to find which one works smoothly. 

Maybe use Google  --  Useless recommendation.

Which apps do you use? For which channels?

You claimed: 

I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

So why be secretive?

So why be secretive? ^^^^^^^   NO not at all

The OP is looking for LIVE TENNIS.....

Why would I post items/channels I like and watch every day....... ??

I have never looked for Live Tennis or watched it. so cannot post or advise what Apps are good for Live Tennis

----  as one backup I have = RedBox TV has loads of live sports  NO idea if Live Tennis is on, as for me is a backup to F1

Same as the Android Box No idea there are loads of different boxes,  can only say what I have now and what I had in the past

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignis said:

So why be secretive? ^^^^^^^   NO not at all

The OP is looking for LIVE TENNIS.....

Why would I post items/channels I like and watch every day....... ??

I have never looked for Live Tennis or watched it. so cannot post or advise what Apps are good for Live Tennis

----  as one backup I have = RedBox TV has loads of live sports  NO idea if Live Tennis is on, as for me is a backup to F1

Same as the Android Box No idea there are loads of different boxes,  can only say what I have now and what I had in the past

you are correct with the RedBox APP,  it does have free sports but don't recall seeing live tennis

53 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you are correct with the RedBox APP,  it does have free sports but don't recall seeing live tennis

LiveNet TV appears to have 2 channels  'Tennis Channel'  + "Super Tennis' under International Sports

Cisana TV /UK  appear to have 4 + from Australia + 3 are Live later this month

7 hours ago, ignis said:

I am sure it will, remember it is Android 7.1,    was officially released  Android 7.1. on December 5, 2016.

MXQ Pro Smart Box Android 7.1 Amlogic S905W 4K Quad Core 64bit 1GB/8GB  [Used to use this one myself]

See the difference on mine.....   released publicly on August 6, 2018. + since updated to Android 10 which came out in September 2019..  [shows on box I can self update to Android 11]

X96 Air Ram 4GB/ 64GB  Lan 1000Mbps. Android 9 Amlogic S905x3 8K Bluetooth Wifi 2.4/5G

OK is cost some 800 baht more.

Do I understand this well: the 64GB you get with a flash card inserted? Sorry for my dumb question.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:25 PM, Alotoftravel said:

Is this android box good , it is provided when you subscribe to the 3bb gigs tv service for 590 baht a Month ? Appreciate any comments of this 3bb 1g/300 service . Thanks 

896E0A54-77BC-441E-981D-7CAC1BD61A43.png

I have 3BB wifi with 2 boxes, upgraded speed costs 870 thb/mo. I had true vision before this.

I wanted something that was fool proof, didn't want to always be playing around to get channels. For me 3BB is good, plus I have Netflix.

15 hours ago, Dario said:

The reason I ask: I look at this X96 Air offer and it looks like 64GB is an option. Can I order this box?

Not needing a new box yet myself, so have not looked for best buy in 2022......... waiting for the Android 12 or maybe better Android 13 which is still in testing stage.

Never had a problem with my 3 + year old X96 AIR

Both the X96 AIR and MAX have the older Ram [DDR3]  newer boxes have DDR4  lot faster on Android 10 or above..

Think if I was looking today would go for the X96 AIR or MAX, also lots of people appear very satisfied with MeCool Boxes

NO idea......  Pos ?  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mecool-kd3-android-11-netflix-4k-disney-youtube-streaming-tv-dongle-av1-supported-2gb-ram-8gb-rom-1-i3708401433.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.bestshown_1.3.14e336a6m6ROUE

Random cheap boxes aren't worth it in my opinion, they are buggy and usually drop support quickly - meaning you'll have to buy a new box sooner to keep supported versions of apps. Meanwhile I have a Mibox 3 (2016) and an Nvidia Shield (2015) and they are both great. Mibox 3 got updated all the way to android 10 and Shield is on Android 11 now and still better than most boxes despite being 7 years old.

If I were going to buy a new box today it would be Chromecast gen4 with Googletv. That's google's official box so it should have support for a long time and be the least buggy because the OS is being designed for it. 

17 hours ago, Dario said:

The reason I ask: I look at this X96 Air offer and it looks like 64GB is an option. Can I order this box?

That 64 GB is storage built into the box, non-removable. I wouldn't recommend the box though for all the reasons I mentioned above.

Edited by RedBackman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RedBackman said:

Random cheap boxes aren't worth it in my opinion, they are buggy and usually drop support quickly - meaning you'll have to buy a new box sooner to keep supported versions of apps. Meanwhile I have a Mibox 3 (2016) and an Nvidia Shield (2015) and they are both great. Mibox 3 got updated all the way to android 10 and Shield is on Android 11 now and still better than most boxes despite being 7 years old.

If I were going to buy a new box today it would be Chromecast gen4 with Googletv. That's google's official box so it should have support for a long time and be the least buggy because the OS is being designed for it. 

That 64 GB is storage built into the box, non-removable. I wouldn't recommend the box though for all the reasons I mentioned above.

what are the specs of Chromecast Gen4, what's the ram and storage, can IPTV be installed, visited lazada but the site doesn't say mauch, thus sorry to bother you with the questions,  thks

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

what are the specs of Chromecast Gen4, what's the ram and storage, can IPTV be installed, visited lazada but the site doesn't say mauch, thus sorry to bother you with the questions,  thks

It has 2GB ram and 8GB storage, which should be more than enough for any apps and streaming a user would do. You would only really notice it if you plan on storing media files or games locally on your device. IPTV can be installed with numerous play store apps.

It has a modern processor s905d3 and gpu Mali G31 which matches most of the good modern boxes. It will do 4k 60fps with most apps no problem and as far as emulation goes should run anything up to n64/playstation era fine. 

The only real downside is that if you want to attach more storage or use ethernet instead of wifi you'll have to buy a dongle. Oh and gen 4 released in 2020, so it might be worth waiting for gen 5, presumably late this year or early next.

Edited by RedBackman
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, KannikaP said:

And I can install any Android apps via Bluestacks if needed.

FYI, I have Bluestacks on my laptop and have long used it for various Android streaming apps when I didn't want to use my TV streaming devices for whatever reason.

But I had a surprise lately when I added a couple new apps that I wanted to use... can't recall now if it was Tubi, or Xumo or Crackle...one of those...  And it wouldn't play any content from that app and gave an error message...

I checked around a bit, and found an item on the Bluestacks support site indicating that it doesn't support video DRM (Digital Rights Management), which is an encoding technique that some streaming services use on their content.

Windows devices can handle DRM, but apparently Bluestacks installations on Windows devices cannot.

• Like 1

One of the advantages of using standalone streaming dongles or boxes (vs. relying on the so-called Smart TVs) is that the streaming devices are relatively cheap, easily upgraded/replaced when the need arises, and typically rely on the Google Play store for their apps, meaning they're kept up-to-date.

Smart TVs, in contrast, often have their own separate manufacturer app stores where the apps often are not regularly updated, only a relatively small share of apps are actually available, and the underlying OS on the smart part of the TV itself also is often not updated. And also the smart parts of the TV are often underpowered compared to the separate streaming devices.

So, when it comes time to upgrade with streaming and tech advances, I'd rather handle that by getting a newer model of a $30 to $100 standalone streaming devices as opposed to buying an entirely new smart TV that's gonna cost $500 to $1000 or more.

Let the TV just be a TV, and look elsewhere for the rest.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 4:59 PM, Mavideol said:

You can find the specs yourself directly from the google chromecast website

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast_google_tv?hl=en-GB

It comes with a decent remote (although the volume control on the side is an awkward place for them),  and apps can be installed from the Google play store... so Yes IPTV apps can be installed just as any other app can be.

I've got Tivimate running on mine - works a treat.

This google device should be updated regularly unlike many other cheapo Android boxes... many of which don't even run the TV version of android so need an irritating 'magic' wave around pointer to control it and run out of date android versions....

Just get the "Chromecast with Google TV" gen 4 - note it runs off a seperate power supply (wall wart/box supplied) as it requires more power than a usb port can supply.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coops said:

You can find the specs yourself directly from the google chromecast website

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast_google_tv?hl=en-GB

It comes with a decent remote (although the volume control on the side is an awkward place for them),  and apps can be installed from the Google play store... so Yes IPTV apps can be installed just as any other app can be.

I've got Tivimate running on mine - works a treat.

This google device should be updated regularly unlike many other cheapo Android boxes... many of which don't even run the TV version of android so need an irritating 'magic' wave around pointer to control it and run out of date android versions....

Just get the "Chromecast with Google TV" gen 4 - note it runs off a seperate power supply (wall wart/box supplied) as it requires more power than a usb port can supply.

it does not have Ethernet/LAN connection only WiFi which is not as stable as the LAN

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it does not have Ethernet/LAN connection only WiFi which is not as stable as the LAN

Lan, usb ports can be added to the ccwgtv with a ugreen usb c device model number 10919 and powered with the original power supply via the pd port.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, userabcd said:

Lan, usb ports can be added to the ccwgtv with a ugreen usb c device model number 10919 and powered with the original power supply via the pd port.

True that... I'll add that the 5gHz wifi on my ccwgtv is not a reliable connection (to an asus router) perhaps due to it hanging at the back of the TV - my Apple TV4k runs perfectly on the 5gHz wifi connection to same router, maybe a better antenna also on the ATV.

For 1080p content a 2.5gHz wifi is plenty and that is perfectly stable on my ccwgtv - i've no need for a wired Lan connection for the content I stream though it - so try it out first and see if you need the LAN connection.

Edited by coops

17 hours ago, userabcd said:

Yeah there are a lot of usb-c hubs available that will probably work including ones focused at cellphones, generally cost about $10USD. The major thing is that the hub have power pass-through and you might have to use a different power adapter than the on that came with the chromecast if the hub uses too much power. Google sells one themselves as well aimed at the chromecast gen4.

And also even though I'd always recommend ethernet where possible, streaming doesn't really care as much about latency, jitter or packet loss like online gaming/video calling/etc. Because of the larger buffer size throughput is king, so you can test out your internet near where you intend to set it and over 25mbps should cover 4k from the major streaming players. Over 100mbps and your wifi may actually be better for streaming than some of the cheapo boxes that only have 100mbps ethernet ports.