Android Tv Box - Lazada

1948wjm

Just now, Bruno123 said:

Perhaps that is why some use Android boxes. To play the content from the Android box through the TV. As opposed to playing it on the laptop and trying to cast it. Does your TV not have an HDMI input?

Oh! And connect direct?.....Forgotten about that.......whoops.

Hate cables and from memory that must have been the idea behind going to Chromecast

Firestick on Lazada is an option for you. I have the Firestick Max and use it every day. Small and lightweight and great for travelling too. Have Netflix, Prime video and another paid app. Also smart youtube which is free of advertisements. Iplayer also works well on it.

Use Kodi on it every day for free to air tv plus movies and tv shows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Is this android box good , it is provided when you subscribe to the 3bb gigs tv service for 590 baht a Month ? Appreciate any comments of this 3bb 1g/300 service . Thanks 

896E0A54-77BC-441E-981D-7CAC1BD61A43.png

I tried it, As an android box, it works, but it only had 2.0 sound. If you are going to have the internet anyway then its OK for free. I found the picture to be a bit "rough" when compared to my Apple TV.

The service you get from 3BB is pretty uninspiring, you will get all the Thai channels and whatever free English speaking channels they have - You also get HBO Go and some other English movie channel - I never really bothered.

You can load Netflix and whatever web subscription service you want from the google playstore. You could probably load VPN providers software on, but I never tried it.

Remote has google assistant, which is ok if you are in the ecosphere, but not so helpful if not, but its worth mentioning.

6 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Firestick on Lazada is an option for you. I have the Firestick Max and use it every day. Small and lightweight and great for travelling too. Have Netflix, Prime video and another paid app. Also smart youtube which is free of advertisements. Iplayer also works well on it.

Use Kodi on it every day for free to air tv plus movies and tv shows.

I have a firestick, its OK, its good for traveling - I can put it in a hotel TV, connect to my home server and stream content. Its way more reliable than other android TV sticks that I plugged into a hotel TV, only to find they had died. The only issue is that you are limited to amazon app store, which is well fortified against circumvention with a VPN. You don't have google playstore - As you say BBC Iplayer is great, but I can't DL the ITV, C4 or C5 apps.

I always looking at these android box posts, because I think the firestick remote is great and pretty sturdy, and I find other remotes too flimsy and prone to breakage.

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

I tried it, As an android box, it works, but it only had 2.0 sound. If you are going to have the internet anyway then its OK for free. I found the picture to be a bit "rough" when compared to my Apple TV.

The service you get from 3BB is pretty uninspiring, you will get all the Thai channels and whatever free English speaking channels they have - You also get HBO Go and some other English movie channel - I never really bothered.

You can load Netflix and whatever web subscription service you want from the google playstore. You could probably load VPN providers software on, but I never tried it.

Remote has google assistant, which is ok if you are in the ecosphere, but not so helpful if not, but its worth mentioning.

I have a firestick, its OK, its good for traveling - I can put it in a hotel TV, connect to my home server and stream content. Its way more reliable than other android TV sticks that I plugged into a hotel TV, only to find they had died. The only issue is that you are limited to amazon app store, which is well fortified against circumvention with a VPN. You don't have google playstore - As you say BBC Iplayer is great, but I can't DL the ITV, C4 or C5 apps.

I always looking at these android box posts, because I think the firestick remote is great and pretty sturdy, and I find other remotes too flimsy and prone to breakage.

You aren't limited to the remote that comes with the box. You can even buy an 'air' remote with a keyboard.

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You aren't limited to the remote that comes with the box. You can even buy an 'air' remote with a keyboard.

Yes, I tried a few, they are all feel cheap and never function that well. Apple TV remote is just simple and effective, the firestick remote is good too. I want to take a look at an Nvidea shield one day, when I have a some spare cash. 

• Like 1

I'm done with Samsung TV's once this one (65" QLED) goes. Problem with two out of my last three Samsungs. Next one will be an LG OLED.

Back to topic: I use an Nvidia Shield TV Pro. On it I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, KODI, TuneIn radio and an IPTV service. Also have a VPN and a few other apps installed. Works well for UK stuff via the VPN.

I have also used it to view US Netflix, but the last few months been difficult. Either the ISP is throttling or Netflix are doing something. Either way, buffering is really bad now for US.

Just ordered a Xiaomi TV Stick 4K to try as a portable option for travel.

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Been living in hotels for about six months now, so bought a Chromecast thingy, but it will not cast if I try to play something on the laptop that requires a VPN........is that what happens with a VPN or am I doing something wrong?

Chromecast and Laptop need to be on the same network, and on a VPN your laptop is on a virtual network in the ether, OR you need to run the VPN on the Chromecast. There are clients for most major VPN providers in the PlayStore.

This assumes you have the latest version of Chromecast: Chromecast with Google TV

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast_google_tv?pli=1&hl=en-US

VPN provider?

Edited by mtls2005

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Chromecast and Laptop need to be on the same network, and on a VPN your laptop is on a virtual network in the ether, OR you need to run the VPN on the Chromecast. There are clients for most major VPN providers in the PlayStore.

This assumes you have the latest version of Chromecast: Chromecast with Google TV

VPN provider?

Thanks....Express VPN.....

You can run the VPN on the Chromecast??? Did not even think of that.

22 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You can run the VPN on the Chromecast??? Did not even think of that.

again....

On 3/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, mtls2005 said:

Do you have this version?

If so, you can download, install and use

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.expressvpn.vpn

But you won't be able to cast from your notebook. You'll have to also install the streaming apps on the CCGTV. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Here is my situation:

First of all: my passion is tennis.

In my bedroom I have a 50" LG plasma TV which we bought almost 12 years ago. It has a fantastic picture with vivid colors. On this TV we have always used Truevision, Until about 1½ years ago TV featured Fox Sports 1, 2 & 3. That was great. Tennis galore. But that is history. Until the end of last year TV showed alternatively ATP (men) and WTA (women) tennis matches. But this year I haven't seen any ATP matches, not one. For the rest it's reruns and reruns of past tennis matches.

No need to say that I'm frustrated and sick and tired of Truevision at max level now.

I need a good suggestion for a box I can connect which gives me all the tennis possible. I don't need movies or the like, all I need is tennis.

FYI, we have a 55" TCL smart TV in the living room, but I prefer watching tennis matches in the bedroom.

Can anyone help?

Do you have broadband internet access?

What inputs does this older LG TV support? HDMI?

Do you care about language or commentary?

You want to watch events live, correct?

Are you willing to pay for a service? If so, how much per month/year?

Can you tell us more about this TCL TV? Exact model number?

Do you have a mobile phone?

After all those questions, the answer is yes.

There are services like tennistv.com which show all ATP events except the Grand Slams. You can find those pretty easily. Not sire about the WTA though.

https://www.tennistv.com/live-schedule

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comments/oyt4v0/tennistv_subscription_worth_it/

https://tennisconnected.com/home/2022/05/15/live-streaming-for-the-2022-atp-tour-and-wta-events-in-geneva-lyon-rabat-and-strasbourg-and-the-french-open/

Maybe have a search on your own? 

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Do you have broadband internet access?

What inputs does this older LG TV support? HDMI?

Do you care about language or commentary?

You want to watch events live, correct?

Are you willing to pay for a service? If so, how much per month/year?

Can you tell us more about this TCL TV? Exact model number?

Do you have a mobile phone?

After all those questions, the answer is yes.

There are services like tennistv.com which show all ATP events except the Grand Slams. You can find those pretty easily. Not sire about the WTA though.

https://www.tennistv.com/live-schedule

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comments/oyt4v0/tennistv_subscription_worth_it/

https://tennisconnected.com/home/2022/05/15/live-streaming-for-the-2022-atp-tour-and-wta-events-in-geneva-lyon-rabat-and-strasbourg-and-the-french-open/

Maybe have a search on your own? 

Hi,

Yes, I have TOT broadband internet access. I use wifi all around the house.

The older LG has two HDMI.

I don't care too much about language as I speak several languages.

Yes, I would like to watch events live.

If absolutely necessary, I'm willing to pay up to $20.-- a month

The TCL is model 55T6. It has lots of possibilities to connect.

Yes, I have a mobile phone.

What would help me the most would be if you could name me a device I could use with my LG TV. Thanks in advance if you can help.

2 hours ago, Dario said:

The TCL is model 55T6.

That TV runs Google OS, so you can downlead apps from the PlayStore. Connect the TV to your home network, via WiFi or wired ethernet

Maybe trial a streaming tennis service, via a web browser on the TV.

This TCL TV may support native casting, so if connected to your home network, then you can cast from your phone, tablet, PC to your TV. Maybe ask a tech savvy youngster to help you out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmlxDmKTo4

For the LG TV you'll need a bolt-on device like an Android box. These connect to your home network and your TV (HDMI), then you run apps or a browser on the box. Android boxes are, for the most part, all the same. Just buy an inexpensive one, which has a lot of reviews. Or consider a stick, like the Xiaomi MI TV Stick.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

That TV runs Google OS, so you can downlead apps from the PlayStore. Connect the TV to your home network, via WiFi or wired ethernet

Maybe trial a streaming tennis service, via a web browser on the TV.

This TCL TV may support native casting, so if connected to your home network, then you can cast from your phone, tablet, PC to your TV. Maybe ask a tech savvy youngster to help you out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmlxDmKTo4

For the LG TV you'll need a bolt-on device like an Android box. These connect to your home network and your TV (HDMI), then you run apps or a browser on the box. Android boxes are, for the most part, all the same. Just buy an inexpensive one, which has a lot of reviews. Or consider a stick, like the Xiaomi MI TV Stick.

Thanks.

Question: what  do you mean with "bolt-on"? I thought an Android box is connected through HDMI.

3 minutes ago, Dario said:

Question: what  do you mean with "bolt-on"? I thought an Android box is connected through HDMI.

An all-encompassing phrase to include boxes, sticks and any device which connects to the TV and internet, facilitates streaming/gaming/video playback and can run apps.

35 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

An all-encompassing phrase to include boxes, sticks and any device which connects to the TV and internet, facilitates streaming/gaming/video playback and can run apps.

Thanks. I'm looking for a box which could give me the following TV channels for free: Fox Sport HD, Fox Sport 2 HD, Fox Sport 3 HD, ESPN, Eurosport, Sky Sports and (maybe?) Tennis Channel. I looked at this MXQ Pro Q96, it has 2928 reviews, far, far more than any other box. Could this do the job?

Wow, I just notice it's out of stock...

Edited by Dario

Android box 

Remember if you buy one, the newest one is Android 13...  Android 14 will be out later this year or early next year

Myself have had a Android box for years,  my latest is Android 10 - X96 Air. [auto updated myself online from Android 9]   far far better than the old models I have had.....  I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

There are still sellers trying to sell off old Android 5 or 6 ...  there are plenty of Android 10 + 11 For Sale, so far never seen the Android 13 here

May 2021 - New Android 12 is the 1st major change [faster/more security to name a few] in 19 Android updates..

14 minutes ago, ignis said:

Android box 

Remember if you buy one, the newest one is Android 13...  Android 14 will be out later this year or early next year

Myself have had a Android box for years,  my latest is Android 10 - X96 Air. [auto updated myself online from Android 9]   far far better than the old models I have had.....  I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

There are still sellers trying to sell off old Android 5 or 6 ...  there are plenty of Android 10 + 11 For Sale, so far never seen the Android 13 here

May 2021 - New Android 12 is the 1st major change [faster/more security to name a few] in 19 Android updates..

Thanks a million, Ignis! I'll watch out for no less than Android 10 to start with.

8 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thanks. I'm looking for a box which could give me the following TV channels for free: Fox Sport HD, Fox Sport 2 HD, Fox Sport 3 HD, ESPN, Eurosport, Sky Sports and (maybe?) Tennis Channel. I looked at this MXQ Pro Q96, it has 2928 reviews, far, far more than any other box. Could this do the job?

I am sure it will, remember it is Android 7.1,    was officially released  Android 7.1. on December 5, 2016.

MXQ Pro Smart Box Android 7.1 Amlogic S905W 4K Quad Core 64bit 1GB/8GB  [Used to use this one myself]

See the difference on mine.....   released publicly on August 6, 2018. + since updated to Android 10 which came out in September 2019..  [shows on box I can self update to Android 11]

X96 Air Ram 4GB/ 64GB  Lan 1000Mbps. Android 9 Amlogic S905x3 8K Bluetooth Wifi 2.4/5G

OK is cost some 800 baht more.

29 minutes ago, ignis said:

I am sure it will, remember it is Android 7.1,    was officially released  Android 7.1. on December 5, 2016.

MXQ Pro Smart Box Android 7.1 Amlogic S905W 4K Quad Core 64bit 1GB/8GB  [Used to use this one myself]

See the difference on mine.....   released publicly on August 6, 2018. + since updated to Android 10 which came out in September 2019..  [shows on box I can self update to Android 11]

X96 Air Ram 4GB/ 64GB  Lan 1000Mbps. Android 9 Amlogic S905x3 8K Bluetooth Wifi 2.4/5G

OK is cost some 800 baht more.

Thanks a lot! Is there much difference between a X96 and a H96? The latter it says is Android 11. I just notice that two buyers are not happy with this model. So, better not.

Where would you recommend me to buy your model? Do you have a link?

Edited by Dario

Forget about the specs, unimportant.

49 minutes ago, Dario said:

I'm looking for a box which could give me the following TV channels for free: Fox Sport HD, Fox Sport 2 HD, Fox Sport 3 HD, ESPN, Eurosport, Sky Sports and (maybe?) Tennis Channel.

Help him with the apps to get the streams he wants.

54 minutes ago, ignis said:

I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

Like which ones?

FWIW, the "box" doesn't give you anything. The apps do.

I too would be interested in sources for these streams.

Maybe ask in a sports pub? They seem to have these streaming services nailed down. Although they seem to be constantly fiddling with them.

There are some bundled options available, fee based, which have been recommended here. Have a search.

example: https://aseannow.com/topic/1206614-expat-tv-options/

18 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thanks a lot! Is there much difference between a X96 and a H96? The latter it says is Android 11.

Good luck if you buy..... That H86 says it is a OEM  so NOT a H96 from Manufacture  +  alarm bells ring when I see   1 Week Warranty by Seller  !!     will it work after a week ?

Same Box on  https://shopee.co.th/(now)Android-11-TV-Box-H96-Max-V11-Latest-Android-Box-RK3318-Quad-Core-4K-5G-WiFi-Android-TV-Box-4GB-32-64GB-USB-3.0-BT-i.535555091.10365030961?sp_atk=9ba2efcd-13ee-45fc-b534-f828b35a0d21

= 1 year Warranty  + lot more expensive

Edited by ignis

7 minutes ago, ignis said:

Good luck if you buy..... That H86 says it is a OEM  so NOT a H96 from Manufacture  +  alarm bells ring when I see   1 Week Warranty by Seller  !!     will it work after a week ?

Same Box on  https://shopee.co.th/(now)Android-11-TV-Box-H96-Max-V11-Latest-Android-Box-RK3318-Quad-Core-4K-5G-WiFi-Android-TV-Box-4GB-32-64GB-USB-3.0-BT-i.535555091.10365030961?sp_atk=9ba2efcd-13ee-45fc-b534-f828b35a0d21

= 1 year Warranty  + lot more expensive

OK, thanks, so H96 is a no go.

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Forget about the specs, unimportant.

Help him with the apps to get the streams he wants.

Like which ones?

FWIW, the "box" doesn't give you anything. The apps do.

I too would be interested in sources for these streams.

Maybe ask in a sports pub? They seem to have these streaming services nailed down. Although they seem to be constantly fiddling with them.

There are some bundled options available, fee based, which have been recommended here. Have a search.

example: https://aseannow.com/topic/1206614-expat-tv-options/

Maybe use Google ?    I typed - Free Sports Live for Android Box ?

1st on  1st page out of millions

https://www.digitbin.com/live-sports-apps/

just on this page show what is FREE and what is paid versions...

7 minutes ago, Dario said:

OK, thanks, so H96 is a no go.

Maybe that website/seller/ box is a no go........... Had years ago a H96 think was a Android 4 was fine back in the day....

You can also use a Windows PC or Laptop + add a emulator 2022emulator 2022Emulator.Emulator. myself used Bluestacks for years on PC  - https://www.bluestacks.com

Sort of try it out before buying a Android box, see what works + is best Apps ? 

Always best to have a few different Apps, if one place vanishes or will not work on the day you want to watch = you have a backup plan or 2

Edited by ignis
AS a PS

I bought a MXq box about a month ago, after my very old MXq box lost the plot when Google attempted to update it.

From memory, it was 1100 baht. It had Netflix pre-installed, which is all I need.

52 minutes ago, ignis said:

Maybe use Google ?    I typed - Free Sports Live for Android Box ?

1st on  1st page out of millions

https://www.digitbin.com/live-sports-apps/

just on this page show what is FREE and what is paid versions...

From that page

Note: Apps listed below generally work but I recommend you download and test few apps to find which one works smoothly. 

Maybe use Google  --  Useless recommendation.

Which apps do you use? For which channels?

You claimed: 

I have lots of Apps almost all 100% problem free + FREE  + Live Sports

So why be secretive?

Edited by mtls2005