Android Tv Box - Lazada

1948wjm

Have any members recently purchased one of the above from Lazada and if so do they have any preferred models ? do the units come with any programs already loaded or completly empty ?? thanks for any feedback,

Genuine netflix certified androidtv/amazon devices

Amazon

Firetvstick 4k max (lazada shopee)

Google

Xiaomi tv stick 4k (new available in xiaomi stores lazada shopee)

ONN tv dongle 4k (avalable on Lazada and shopee)

Google chromecast with google tv (lazada shopee)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

At the risk of putting on display my ignorance in these matters........you would only 'need' one of these new fangled boxes if you didn't have a Smart TV.......correct???

Yes, but not always the case, my smart TV although new. is pretty underpowered - it's probably better to have one of these new fangled boxes for ease of use. 

For example, AIS gave us free Thai IPTV, when trying to run the AIS app on the smart TV the soundtrack would be out of sync with the picture. The amount of headaches this caused, it's just simpler to have an external box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, 1948wjm said:

Have any members recently purchased one of the above from Lazada and if so do they have any preferred models ? do the units come with any programs already loaded or completly empty ?? thanks for any feedback,

When I bought a second TV I bought another android box, I already had a H96 pro so just bought a newer version from Lazada. The first one I bought in the UK and that cost me £85 and came many apps including Kodi which is what I wanted. However the Kodi build was rubbish to use so I reset the box to factory defaults and set it up myself. The second one from lazada was a much better spec and only about 1600 baht, came with only a few apps, kept what I wanted and removed the rest and then copied the Kodi from the first box. Not had any problems with either and the first is about 6 years old now. This is the second.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/h96-max-x3-android-90-s905x3-cortex-a55-quad-core-64-4-32-24-5-wifi-h265-vp9-miracast-hd-media-player-i1156408543-s2707416274.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.56.13d77f52xGzAGH&search=1&freeshipping=1

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

At the risk of putting on display my ignorance in these matters........you would only 'need' one of these new fangled boxes if you didn't have a Smart TV.......correct???

I bought a "smart" Tv,  but not that smart, and bought an android box. When I came to buy another TV, just got normal at half the price and bought another android box.

• Thanks 1

I use an Intel NUC PC with a Celeron CPU as my media centre. A bit more expensive but works perfectly with Express VPN installed, networked to my main PC where all my movies/music are stored on One Drive. And it is a full Windows 11 PC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I use an Intel NUC PC with a Celeron CPU as my media centre. A bit more expensive but works perfectly with Express VPN installed, networked to my main PC where all my movies/music are stored on One Drive. And it is a full Windows 11 PC.

Windows is great for flexibility but terrible as a "Couch OS" though. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to use keyboard and mouse.

15 minutes ago, Roger That said:

Windows is great for flexibility but terrible as a "Couch OS" though. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to use keyboard and mouse.

Yes, but I have a fairly small keyboard with a mouse-pad built in, like a laptop. MUCH better than the remote you get with an Android box, although I guess you could control either from your phone if needed, or via Hey Google/Alexa etc. And I can install any Android apps via Bluestacks if needed. Works great for me into my 55 inch Samsung 4K

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, but I have a fairly small keyboard with a mouse-pad built in, like a laptop. MUCH better than the remote you get with an Android box, although I guess you could control either from your phone if needed, or via Hey Google/Alexa etc. And I can install any Android apps via Bluestacks if needed. Works great for me into my 55 inch Samsung 4K

Depends how much you need the keyboard, I do not use it much only for searching titles, so I found the a wireless mouse the best option.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Nope.

I have a smart TV and it won't let me load the WatchAFL APP.

Their website says it is unabled to be downloaded on smart TV's.

Rather than casting it from my tablet, I've downloaded it on my STB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 8:48 AM, Will B Good said:

No, yes, maybe. And these boxes are not "new-fangled". In fact they're nearly obsolete.

Depends on the TV, especially the operating system.

And depends on the box.

And depends on the app.

It's challenging to find one TV onto which all apps can be loaded; there are many hurdles: region, TV OS, app availability for the platform, etc. So some use a combination of casting from a phone, attached box/device (Android or PC) and embedded TV apps.

Some third-parties resell Android boxes with apps/services pre-installed, and charge a fee.

It all depends on what you want to stream.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

No, yes, maybe. And these boxes are not "new-fangled". In fact they're nearly obsolete.

Depends on the TV, especially the operating system.

And depends on the box.

And depends on the app.

It's challenging to find one TV onto which all apps can be loaded; there are many hurdles: region, TV OS, app availability for the platform, etc. So some use a combination of casting from a phone, attached box/device (Android or PC) and embedded TV apps.

Some third-parties resell Android boxes with apps/services pre-installed, and charge a fee.

It all depends on what you want to stream.

Thanks for that......as I am am a Brit looking for iPlayer/ITV/Netflix UK......is there any particular make, or even better, model, you would recommend?

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thanks for that......as I am am a Brit looking for iPlayer/ITV/Netflix UK......is there any particular make, or even better, model, you would recommend?

Get a mini Windows PC, eg NUC, with a good VPN, eg Express and all problems solved

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Get a mini Windows PC, eg NUC, with a good VPN, eg Express and all problems solved

Yes......on that already....Mac with Express......but just feel the intense desire to lash out on a 75" 4K TV......totally irrational.

Just now, Will B Good said:

Yes......on that already....Mac with Express......but just feel the intense desire to lash out on a 75" 4K TV......totally irrational.

My NUC into a Samsung 4k 55 incher is fine. I sit no more than 3 meters away, so 75 would be too big. 

The Smartness of the Samsung is questionable, it works but is a hassle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My NUC into a Samsung 4k 55 incher is fine. I sit no more than 3 meters away, so 75 would be too big. 

The Smartness of the Samsung is questionable, it works but is a hassle.

Happy with the notion size does matter......and smaller might be better.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 1:56 AM, clivebaxter said:

Tried to use one, it's in the draw, too frustrating.

Maybe start with the easy stuff and work your way up.

I plugged mine in and clicked on the YouTube app. ???? Next; I opened KODI and added a link to my media collection. So now I can play everything there, Full HD movies and lossless music.

Up and running in minutes. Don't need any other applications at the mo.

What were you trying to do?

16 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

TV make and model?

Netflix UK, i think you'll need a VPN too.

Budget for your streaming app(s)?

You have broadband internet, WiFi, a mobile phone (iPhone? Android?).

I have no experience with the British streaming options here but there have been hundreds of posts so a search might yield some valuable info., my vaguest recollection is that you need some sort of spoofing (VPN, DNS, etc.) for most streams.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

TV make and model?

Netflix UK, i think you'll need a VPN too.

Budget for your streaming app(s)?

You have broadband internet, WiFi, a mobile phone (iPhone? Android?).

I have no experience with the British streaming options here but there have been hundreds of posts so a search might yield some valuable info., my vaguest recollection is that you need some sort of spoofing (VPN, DNS, etc.) for most streams.

Been living in hotels for about six months now, so bought a Chromecast thingy, but it will not cast if I try to play something on the laptop that requires a VPN........is that what happens with a VPN or am I doing something wrong?

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Been living in hotels for about six months now, so bought a Chromecast thingy, but it will not cast if I try to play something on the laptop that requires a VPN........is that what happens with a VPN or am I doing something wrong?

Perhaps that is why some use Android boxes. To play the content from the Android box through the TV. As opposed to playing it on the laptop and trying to cast it. Does your TV not have an HDMI input?