Thai and Russian Authorities Assisting Tourists Affected by Russia-Ukraine Crisis

webfact

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

Armchair quarterbacking?  What exactly is it that biden can do that would satisfy his critics?...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  I for one am glad we have a sane president that does not think he knows more about everything than all the people around him and is willing to listen to the opinions of dozens of allies rather than just shooting off his mouth.

We could have seen American troops fighting alongside the Russians or WW3 taking off with the orange blimp in charge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And what part of this building is a military infrastructure ?

450260878_images(53).jpg.8a329ea50504c21acd6ff55cd39af058.jpg300 kids dead so far in the Ukraine blood is on your hands Putin. You may win this WAR but you will never, never win over the Ukraine's

people or the rest of the World. Your Destruction of civilian homes and lives, will never be forgiven ever ! 

That photo is one of many that I have seen the past couple of weeks. Dozens of large apartment blocks burnt out or collapsed. Hundreds of homes destroyed. Schools, hospitals, a theatre sheltering hundreds of civilians mainly children... all bombed. Putin is not just a war criminal. He is a barbarian with zero morals. Satan is eagerly waiting for him in Hell. Let's hope they can meet up very soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The spelling is fine, sorted before you started nagging.... bloody self appointed schoolteachers. 

Watch the news, take the blinkers off. 

I wonder if you mean “blinders”…

7th grade grammar for people who can’t spell or use proper vocabulary does wonders…if you can’t string together a proper english sentence, your thoughts are worthless and has no credibility…yes, I know some people lack education and by default gravitate towards bar stool conversation…do you have your reindeer blinkers on when entering a bar?

and no I don’t watch Fox News….

19 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

7th grade grammar for people who can’t spell or use proper vocabulary does wonders…if you can’t string together a proper english sentence, your thoughts are worthless and has no credibility…yes, I know some people lack education and by default gravitate towards bar stool conversation…do you have your reindeer blinkers on when entering a bar?

What on earth are you on about......?

Get back on topic... there's a war going on you know, and you find spelling and grammar relevant?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

He meant "blinkers"

a cloth hood with shades projecting at the sides of the eye openings used on skittish racehorses —usually used in plural.

If you are going to criticise someone's English writing, then make sure that you can do so in suitable English. 

The irony....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What on earth are you babbling about......?

Get back on topic... there's a war going on you know, and you find spelling and grammar relevant?

Got to be banned for that.....I have gone for much less.

The Russians Putin in Particular will be looking for a way out as he is  not going to win this war

The Russian people are not stupid either

same as the people around Putin 

Who know its them next unless Putin calls a halt and gets a agreement with the Ukraine one way or the other to end this war

The clock is ticking 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They aren't losing, just not winning as fast as expected. All the reports of the brave stoic Ukrainian resistance are Western created.... a look at the maps, where Russian forces are shown, exhibits their ultimate demise. 

Are you a part of putin's propaganda machine? 

35 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

One possible benefit from all the Russian tourists being stranded in Thailand is that they have access to news that is not being censored as it is back in Russia. At least they can see the horrendous effects their fearless leader is imposing on its neighbour. Ukraine is their "brother" nation with many having friends and relatives living there.

Maybe Putin does not want them to return to Russia just yet because they have seen what the rest of the world is witnessing. We can only hope that there are some Russians who have some sympathy for their invaded neighbours.

Those travelling abroad are probably well enough informed, no need to travel to get the news. So I don’t feel very sorry for them. They  might be against this war but they lived in quiet acceptance with this regime and thus made the situation today possible. Sure, not everyone can be a hero. But in the end it was “nobody’s fault”, just Putin’s and some of his minions. This can’t be! Every Russian who hasn’t at least tried some form of protest, resistance or civil disobedience has to be hold accountable!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I hope you are correct... the reporting in front of me now (Sky News on TV) is heartbreaking. Putin's nuts may well ne exposed..... but as I said, watching these report, I cannot see Ukraine as 'winning'..... they need far more help.

Do you advocate sending in the NATO troops to aid Ukraine ? I do 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superal said:

agree but they should have been there at the beginning to avoid the carnage of innocent people

• Like 2

"Tomikhin stated Russia understood Thailand’s decision and that the two countries’ diplomatic ties would not be affected. He also made clear that Russia was not fighting an all-out war and that its forces were only targeting military infrastructure in Ukraine while attempting to avoid civilian casualties." 

????????????

8 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Wow only targeting military targets flat out lie

YES ,  it's sickening to see the Ukrainian civilians being slaughtered by the INVADING RUSSIANS. 

There are no Russian civilians having their homes, and communities bombed or shelled.  

Tighten up those sanctions, squeeze hard, sadly  more lives will be lost because of some megalomaniac !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Putin should be held accountable for his war crimes on innocent civilians.

Putin the Joker.jpg

he should be accountable for a lot of other actions but the western world turned their heads and close their eyes when he invaded Georgia in 2008, grabbed Crimea in 2014, chemical weapons in Syria .... their gave him a slap on the hand and let it go, thus he kept doing the same knowing that nothing, other than a small slap on the hand, would come and he kept moving as he pleased....now and finally in Ukraine the western world got together and he wasn't prepared for their reaction as again he was only expecting a slap on his hand ... he suffers from schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is a mental illness that causes someone to have an altered experience of reality. It causes psychosis, when people experience delusions and hallucinations. Schizophrenia affects people’s thoughts, perceptions and behaviour and interferes with their ability to function at work, school or relate to other people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

In a way, Russia has already lost. Anything that they gain from a stalemate or win militarily, is more that wiped out by the long term degradation of their economy and ability to improve their military in the future, by sanctions.

so Ukraine may lose in terms of its major cities being reduced to rubble, but long term Russia will be weaker.

100% agree with you. Besides the economic disaster that surely follows most of the world reeling in dismay at Russia's unprovoked aggression, Russia will also lose any soft power it might have had (if any). And, last but not least, Russia's military has already lost a humongous amount of respect and credibility. The damage done will take decades to repair.

Finally, Ukrainians and most Europeans will not forgive Russia for what they are doing, for several generations to come. Not to mention that many Russians will suffer having to carry the blame and the shame.

All in all, what an incredible fxxing disaster!

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

100% agree with you. Besides the economic disaster that surely follows most of the world reeling in dismay at Russia's unprovoked aggression, Russia will also lose any soft power it might have had (if any). And, last but not least, Russia's military has already lost a humongous amount of respect and credibility. The damage done will take decades to repair.

Finally, Ukrainians and most Europeans will not forgive Russia for what they are doing, for several generations to come. Not to mention that many Russians will suffer having to carry the blame and the shame.

All in all, what an incredible fxxing disaster!

Not that I'm a fan of the arms industry, but check this one : Russia is today the second largest arms exporting country in the world. Do you think that will stay the same after Russia's dismal performance in Ukraine? I can see that source of income for Russia greatly diminished in the future. That, plus the west walking off its dependence on Russian gas and oil. Well done Putin, you have been a master in destroying your country!

Vente d'armes : Quelles sont les nations qui exportent le plus ? (msn.com)

Arms.jpg

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gilamonster said:

Don't think the Chinese have not noticed how inept the Russian military can be after decades of theft from military budgets.  They must be discussing how much easier it would be now to capture Siberia while the Russkis are bogged down in the Ukraine.  

How much easier??? Russia may have demonstrated they are not the super-power it thought it was. Nevertheless, they have sufficient nuclear capacity to wipe China 3 times off the map. And capturing an area as vast as Siberia would require millions of soldiers. Not sure at all China could be as foolish as tempting such a thing!

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

Not that I'm a fan of the arms industry, but check this one : Russia is today the second largest arms exporting country in the world. Do you think that will stay the same after Russia's dismal performance in Ukraine? I can see that source of income for Russia greatly diminished in the future. That, plus the west walking off its dependence on Russian gas and oil. Well done Putin, you have been a master in destroying your country!

Vente d'armes : Quelles sont les nations qui exportent le plus ? (msn.com)

Arms.jpg

Not sure. Most of it is sold to Algeria, China, Egypt, India, and Vietnam. But be sure the Chinese will take advantage of it to renegotiate prices! ????

2 hours ago, BerndNe said:

Are you a part of putin's propaganda machine? 

If you think what I have posted there in any way is similar to what is coming out of Russia, you are lacking in comprehension. Have you heard what is happening in Ukraine? Does it sound like they are winning to you? 

2 hours ago, superal said:

At this moment I advocate closing down the airspace to prevent  bombing and getting some military strength of Nato in the region .... this makes me nervous, but what I see happening to Ukraine and Ukrainians should not be permitted!

Despite what the spellcheckers here think, the country is being taken. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What an appallingly shameful thing to say about the thousands of brave Ukrainian citizens and military personnel, that are losing their lives everyday fighting for the freedom of their country.

God, am I ever pleased that I don't think like you do, especially as what you say is categorically untrue.

It's one of the most frustrating things, I realise : some people are so far off reality that they cannot even start feeling any hint of shame about what they thing and say.

If I was Russian, I would die of shame with what is happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What an appallingly shameful thing to say about the thousands of brave Ukrainian citizens and military personnel, that are losing their lives everyday fighting for the freedom of their country.

God, am I ever pleased that I don't think like you do, especially as what you say is categorically untrue.

Well done for taking statements out of context.....yes they are brave, but they are not winning.....I am afraid what the media was presenting was mainly platitudes, when what they need is military aid. You can be indignant, but don't be a drama queen.