Scourge of "Hell Drug" continues in Thailand - more fallout from horrific murder of parents by son

webfact

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I am just glad that the only drugs

I take are caffeine in coffee, etc, and some alcohol spirits.  Plus some pills the

doctors give me for some of my ailments.

That's spelt .......... Hypocrite

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Rampant in the villages in North East.

I'd say 70% of the villagers use YaBa, or the cheaper and even more addictive ICE.

Police sell it.

They have annual crackdowns where 5,000 baht will get you off scott free.

That's some quotes right there...any evidence, links or proof?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

That's some quotes right there...any evidence, links or proof?

It's probably 90%.

If you actually lived in Thailand you wouldn't be so naive about the drug problem here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

It's probably 90%.

If you actually lived in Thailand you wouldn't be so naive about the drug problem here.

Granted I only witness a small amount of the population but 90% of the population using would surely show at my work that does random unannounced drug tests.

Last test was 3 weeks ago, 500 staff all passed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Granted I only witness a small amount of the population but 90% of the population using would surely show at my work that does random unannounced drug tests.

Last test was 3 weeks ago, 500 staff all passed.

YaBa addicts don't have jobs.

It's really horrible up here in the North.  

Random drug tests.  Sounds like a good company.  

The drugs are tearing up families.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

So 90% of the population are not drug users then.... as claimed by another forum member.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Ephedra wasn't a problem until  corporate chemists turned it into the basis of one.

I am no pot head. Are you a crack head?

Bwahahahaha is that your retort? No im not. Now tell me again how speed only 2 generations ago. Peanut.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Rampant in the villages in North East.

I'd say 70% of the villagers use YaBa, or the cheaper and even more addictive ICE.

Police sell it.

They have annual crackdowns where 5,000 baht will get you off scott free.

So showing your zero knowledge about any drugs in the kingdom. Ice is cheaper than yaba yeah? Yaba about 30 baht a pill ice 1000 baht a tik (gram) if ya lucky. All the armchair expertz out today

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Too many respondents are saying legalize Cannabis (which I 100% endorse) but continue to fight the War on Drugs when it comes to the synthesized products like meth, cocaine heroin etc..

The problem is that War is not the answer and it's a waste of time, money and most importantly, people.

Former Justice Minister General Paiboon Koomchaya returned from a closed door UN meeting in New York in 2016 and announced that the War on Drugs had been lost and society had to learn to live with them. That does not mean less drug education but more drug education..

Specific to the topic, he wanted to decriminalize Ya-Ba.. The reason being that so far at least, the only working model to get users off of meth and it's cousins, is to gradually wean them from the drug. and it's illegality in Thailand meant that Doctors and counselors have no access to legal meth-amphetamines to treat users with this method.

So "cracking down" (more?) on Ya-Ba is not going to produce the desired result.

Potheads always want to justify their drug us3 because it fits their narrative. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, JingerBen said:

As I see it-based on a perspective of 40+ years here-the problem is not so much supply as it is demand.

In the late '70s and well onto the '80s ya-ba was called "ya-mah", horse medicine.

It was only given to racehorses.

Then along came the War on Drugs brought to you by... well, let's not get into that.

Ganja, which had always been readily available in Thailand, was demonized as "a weed with roots in hell" and outlawed.

Many young locals turned to ya-mah and the elders started calling them "kee yah-bah" when they'd go violent.

Let's go back to the way it was before the drug war warped our sense of values. Don't bogart that joint.

To those who say "Carnage on the highways" I say bulls balls.

Look at tje figures from places where it has already been legalized.

It might tend to make them even more cautious on the roads.

Back in the day, I can't remember one single fight caused by ganja, but there were plenty caused by booze and later by yah-ba.

Legalize herb, do everybody a favor.

Ya mah was only given to racehorses? Yeah sure. I clearly remember pharmacies selling pure ephedrine by the scoop back in the day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Many people in the North East dont have jobs they are subsistence farmers at best. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Fentanyl and oxycodone are often prescribed by doctors as first line pain control, which of course can often does lead to addictions. Many drugs taken by addicts including valium are doctor prescribed 

Finally a common sense comment.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:23 PM, Cleareye said:

Has anybody ever done ya ba? What was it like?

I think I already gave a good description of its 'use cases' in Thailand. It is (often very) low quality amphetamine and there is really absolutely nothing special about it.

It is this especially dangerous in Thailand only for the simple reason that people abuse it in a way which is maximally dangerous for their brain function and mental health: continuously instead of intermittently, smoking it instead of taking it orally and mixing it with classes of drugs which would normally be contra-indicated.

Edited by jts-khorat
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, RJRS1301 said:

The precursor for the manufacture are coming across the porous borders, and controlled by people more powerful than the enforcement agencies who are often compromised.

That's it in a nut shell, meaning any change is out of the question. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starky said:

So showing your zero knowledge about any drugs in the kingdom. Ice is cheaper than yaba yeah? Yaba about 30 baht a pill ice 1000 baht a tik (gram) if ya lucky. All the armchair expertz out today

Sounds like a regular dealer.

• Haha 1

Definitely your talking nonsense.

Once you get a chance to visit Thailand you'll discover that it has major issues with Yaba and Ice.

Funny how some people pretend they know so much.

....but are obviously just braggards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

zero knowledge

You haven't a clue.

Its unfortunate to have rude and unhelpful replies.

It's no wonder nobody likes you.

You couldn't make it in Thailand if you ever chose to visit.

• Sad 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, JingerBen said:

Crack down hard on ya-ba and fully legalize ganja.

The results would be immediate and beneficial.

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to fully legalize them all.

and control the drugs, not the bad boys controlling them.

getting rich and and killing who ever gets in there way.

Still the world does not grow up and face the drug issue head on. :jap:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

You haven't a clue.

Its unfortunate to have rude and unhelpful replies.

It's no wonder nobody likes you.

You couldn't make it in Thailand if you ever chose to visit.

My lord. Nobody likes me ? Boo hoo you really got me there. Couldnt make it in Thailand? Hmmmm Wonder how i have lived here for 22 years have a couple houses a condo i rent out and a wife and 2 beuatiful daughters? Yeah sucks to be me...

Make your mind up first you say i sound like a dealer then say i wouldnt have a clue. 

Lived in Isaan more than 12 years mate fully aware of the effectz of yaba and ice on communities up North. 

Edited by starky
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

There is plenty of jobs but Thai's can be lazy hence many jobs are filled by imported foreign labour.

I woukd argue that in many rural parts of Thailand outside of the major cities there arent "plenty" of jobs at all. Its why many need to leave children with grandparents and move to more population dense areas to find work. I did a decent stint in rural Thailand and there werent many jobs at all. Your experience may differ.

Edited by starky