Scourge of "Hell Drug" continues in Thailand - more fallout from horrific murder of parents by son

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaosod highlighted the continuing problem of the so called "Ya Narok" or Drug of Hell that is plaguing Thai society.

It is Ya Ba - methamphetamine mixed with caffeine - the drug of choice in Thailand that is flooding in unabated from meth labs in Laos. 

Despite the Thai authorities' so called war on drugs the menace continues with horrendous crimes associated with its use in the Thai media daily.

A tablet is thought to cost about 80 baht a time. 

Prolonged use can cause paranoia or panic attacks.

This is being blamed on a horrendous case in Ubon Ratchathani in the north east where a spooked drug addict son now named as Anek Ithi, 33, murdered his parents in a cassava growing area and put them in a charcoal oven, a story reported earlier on ASEAN NOW.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

It happened in Saraphi sub-district of Pho Sai district.

In latest developments in the case the Thai media quoted the murderer's younger sister and brother in law as saying that the drug crazed individual had been out of control for some time.

He had even attacked animals and damaged property that seemed to be a precursor for the attack on his parents.

However, they never thought it would come to this saying he had never attacked anyone prior to the murders. 

Meanwhile, Anek is refusing to talk with investigators waiting until the effects of his drug taking wear off. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

It would seem there's more going on than reported. My neighbour put a hammer to his father's head. Another in the next village.. I have not seen any reported news on these. (or it's  possibly in Thai news that I don't see) 

3 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I can only agree overall with  what you have stated.

Ganja has been used by many cultures for many reasons for hundreds of generations.

Synthetic concoctions have been around for maybe two generations and have already  created huge social hazards and permanent psychological/physical destruction.

Maybe 2 generations ya reckon ????????????????

https://www.history.com/topics/crime/history-of-meth

Ephedra been around just as long as ganga mate. 

Pot heads always want to argue the toss. 

Edited by starky

Rampant in the villages in North East.

I'd say 70% of the villagers use YaBa, or the cheaper and even more addictive ICE.

Police sell it.

They have annual crackdowns where 5,000 baht will get you off scott free.

Edited by MrJ2U

9 hours ago, starky said:

Maybe 2 generations ya reckon ????????????????

https://www.history.com/topics/crime/history-of-meth

Ephedra been around just as long as ganga mate. 

Pot heads always want to argue the toss. 

Ephedra wasn't a problem until  corporate chemists turned it into the basis of one.

I am no pot head. Are you a crack head?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Taksin's war on drugs killed thousands of Ya Ba users and dealers. 

Yes, and quite some innocent people became colleteral damage in the process.  It's Thaksin btw, Taksin was someone else. 

Edited by SoilSpoil
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Ya ba in Thailand and fentanyl or worse car fentanyl, killer drugs for sure. 

Many people around the world dying from taking drugs, it is a bad

situation, that will not stop in our lifetimes, sadly.  I am just glad that the only drugs

I take are caffeine in coffee, etc, and some alcohol spirits.  Plus some pills the

doctors give me for some of my ailments.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Ya ba in Thailand and fentanyl or worse car fentanyl, killer drugs for sure. 

Many people around the world dying from taking drugs, it is a bad

situation, that will not stop in our lifetimes, sadly.  I am just glad that the only drugs

I take are caffeine in coffee, etc, and some alcohol spirits.  Plus some pills the

doctors give me for some of my ailments.

Fentanyl and oxycodone are often prescribed by doctors as first line pain control, which of course can often does lead to addictions. Many drugs taken by addicts including valium are doctor prescribed 

• Thanks 2