Famous Thai singer and songwriter ‘Aed Carabao’ composes song, urging government to ditch all Covid-19 restrictions like the UK and “move on” now

webfact

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Good information, but I'd sure like to see the new cases as a percentage of actual tests.  It's quite possible that changes in restrictions forced more, or fewer people in to get tested. 

For example, when the US gub'ment sent out hundreds of millions of free test kits to households.  What a great way to keep the fear going...  More tests = more cases.

The info was in the post.

Yesterday it was 6300 positives from 33000 total PCR tests.

Today it's 5000 postitives from 22000 tests which is approx 22.5%

We scaled down the daily PCR tests quite a lot.

In January we did more than 200.000 PCR per day.

So it's still here and quite a lot of it, since we still have 5000 positives from just 22000 tests.

But we chose to live with it instead of living with restrictions, since it didn't create chaos in the hospitals.

I hoped that 2022 would be a year full of joy and saying goodbye to restrictions worldwide, 

and instead we now have to fear a nuclear holocaust because of a Russian dictator that has lost his marbles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Virt said:

So it's still here and quite a lot of it, since we still have 5000 positives from just 22000 tests.

But we chose to live with it instead of living with restrictions, since it didn't create chaos in the hospitals.

What astounds me (specifically about Thailand) is that, with something like 20% of the tests being positive, anyone thinks letting in tourists -and their money- will make things worse.

Back to the data, do you have any trending to show how the pct positive has changed over time?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Actually I work as a translator, I am Thai. 

So where exactly is he racist towards farang?

You seem very angry about something. 

I'll give you one chance to redeem yerself or it's off to ignore with you. 

I don't think he is a racist, but have always thought him a poser faking an image of a protester, looking more like a market worker than a multi millionaire yellow shirt who called the PM his brother. Pleng phua cheewit started as real protest music with the like of Caravan, taking over from them Carabao only used the image rather than the content and I really can't think of any songs really exposing injustice or inequality. The likes of made in Thailand and the (Khmer) lintel appealed to Thai nationalist sentiments. I'd be more impressed if he wrote about wealth inequality, corruption, vote buying and domestic violence against women. Nice bloke, last time I saw him he gave 750k baht to retired singers at fm 95 awards, he's just not sincere. What is he a yellow shirt or an activist? he seems well and truely always sat on the fence.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If you are accusing someone of using racial language, back it up. He never called foreigners anything bad on that record. You must have misheard something and deprived yourself from their great music because of it ????

Eh? The music is bloody terrible.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:18 AM, daveAustin said:

Bang on mate! It’s high again in UK but is on the back burner. People have had enough and are moving on. There’s no all encompassing plague and no one is dying in the streets. Move on and let’s live our lives. Autocrats don’t do that for the people, of course, as they perceive to lose power. 

Yes it is high again and rising but we have to learn to just live with it.  Therefore there is a massive drive for all vulnerable people and those over 75 to have yet another booster jab.  It is expected that that will be eventually be for all age groups and become a regular necessity.

One thing is for sure, this ain't going away! 

23 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

So you speak for everyone?

At least you took the time to look it up. Maybe I will use easier words next time

Easier ones may be better for you actually, you dont seem to have the correct grasp of the ones you are 'attempting' to use.

• Haha 1