90 Day Reporting Online

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can also be done via mail.

Yes, I tried once and nothing happened.

Anyway, Phuket is a small place with three offices that can do 90 day reports. I'm about 20 minutes away from the main immigration office, so if I have problems, I just show up in person.

Would be useful if you lived in Nakorn Nowhere.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

No.

The first 90 day report you ever do, must be done in person so that your details can be entered into the immigration computer. From then, you can do the 90 day report online.

The O/P says that this is his first 90 report after renewing his extension. It is not his first one ever.

@treetops tells us, via the link that his on first on line report following a renewal was successful.

And I'm here to tell you all that my recent on line report, using the new system also worked. That too was the first one following my extension renewal.

Give it a try @Admiral Hornblower 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The O/P says that this is his first 90 report after renewing his extension. It is not his first one ever.

@treetops tells us, via the link that his on first on line report following a renewal was successful.

And I'm here to tell you all that my recent on line report, using the new system also worked. That too was the first one following my extension renewal.

Give it a try @Admiral Hornblower 

You don't need to do a 90 day report after a new extension. Nowhere do I say you do.

I don't know about other immigration offices, but when you get a new extension, a new 90 day is also done at the same time initiated by the officer doing the extension.

Common sense if you think about it.

10 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not really as they are unrelated.

Which office did a 90 report for you when you applied for extension.

Edit: just saw your reference to Phuket. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Edit: just saw your reference to Phuket. 

Each year after completing the 1 year extension of my permission to stay, the IO normally does a 90 day report for me. My immigration office is Buriram. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng

36 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Each year after completing the 1 year extension of my permission to stay, the IO normally does a 90 day report for me

Out of interest what does the io actually do. 

I mean just update your data on computer and hand you a new receipt.

Did you give the io your current 90 report receipt. 

Perhaps you keep yours in your pp.

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Out of interest what does the io actually do. 

I mean just update your data on computer and hand you a new receipt.

Did you give the io your current 90 report receipt. 

Perhaps you keep yours in your pp.

The IO updates data on computer, prints & replaces old receipt with new receipt in my passport. I keep the current receipt in my passport. Then I do online reports until my next extension is due.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

8 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The IO updates data on computer, prints & replaces old receipt with new receipt in my passport. I keep the current receipt in my passport. Then I do online reports until my next extension is due.

Think the io is being helpful.

Perhaps the update is down to you keeping 90 report receipt in your pp.

Perhaps it's that immigration office way of doing things. 

Wonder what they would do if you had recently made your report prior to attending immigration for extension.

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Think the io is being helpful.

Perhaps the update is down to you keeping 90 report receipt in your pp.

Perhaps it's that immigration office way of doing things. 

Wonder what they would do if you had recently made your report prior to attending immigration for extension.

Yes, Buriram IOs are very helpful & friendly. That's my experience anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

10 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

You don't need to do a 90 day report after a new extension. Nowhere do I say you do.

I don't know about other immigration offices, but when you get a new extension, a new 90 day is also done at the same time initiated by the officer doing the extension.

It is common sense when you actually think about it. Presenting in person for your annual extension with your TM7 giving your current address is a report.

For many years Phuket office has reset your 90 day report when doing your extension, and, they give the full 90 days each time, making it possible to only report 3  times during the year., They do the 4th time automatically with the extension! You find a new report slip in your PP when the extension is granted.

Other offices give the 90 days from your application date, not the expiry date, after sending you an email inviting an early report. Using the new on-line system my next report date is only 76 days from my old one! 

What's nonsensical, is the way nearly every other office does it, increasing their, and your, workload. Having moved elsewhere, I do miss the much more sensible way Phuket IO handles some things for long termers, including their grandfathering of the O-A insurance.

16 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Presenting in person for your annual extension with your TM7 giving your current address is a report

No.

It's not a 90 day report.

Your applying for extension. Hence TM7. 

Nothing to do with 90 day report.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

You can call it whatever you want. "A rose by any other name" etc.

The fact is, is that when you do your extension, immigration update your 90 day report automatically without being asked.

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

The fact is, is that when you do your extension, immigration update your 90 day report automatically without being asked.

That is only done a few immigration offices. Most will not do them unless your report is due.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

You can call it whatever you want. "A rose by any other name" etc.

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

What incorrect information?

Yes.

Phuket.

The Incorrect information is, that immigration update your 90 day automatic when you do your extension!

Some (seems Phuket) do, but most don't do it.
And if someone believe your statement and not stay in Phuket he would then have to pay a fine, because he were thinking his report was updated.

As always it's better to name it and say Phuket Immigration do an automatic update of 90 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

What incorrect information?

You posted the following...

"The fact is, is that when you do your extension, immigration update your 90 day report automatically without being asked"....

Ubonjoe gave you advice .......

"That is only done a few immigration offices. Most will not do them unless your report is due."....

Figure it out. Ignore..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You posted the following...

"The fact is, is that when you do your extension, immigration update your 90 day report automatically without being asked"....

Ubonjoe gave you advice .......

"That is only done a few immigration offices. Most will not do them unless your report is due."....

Figure it out. Ignore..

Maybe you didn't read the post where I said was in Phuket?

Pretty much any info about immigration could be wrong by your definition as it's well known that every immigration office has it's own requirements.

That includes getting an extension. What paperwork to submit and if you have to come back for them to check your bank-book.

Good advice. I will ignore you. I won't put you on ignore as that is what easily bruised people do.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HampiK said:

The Incorrect information is, that immigration update your 90 day automatic when you do your extension!

Some (seems Phuket) do, but most don't do it.
And if someone believe your statement and not stay in Phuket he would then have to pay a fine, because he were thinking his report was updated.

As always it's better to name it and say Phuket Immigration do an automatic update of 90 days.

You also missed my post stating I use Phuket immigration?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Pretty much any info about immigration could be wrong by your definition as it's well known that every immigration office has it's own requirements.

In this thread alone you have stated that your first 90 day report must be done in person.

Incorrect.

Another ..that if you have a new tm6 your report must be done in person. Incorrect.

Then finally continual reference to immigration does your 90 report when extension is applied for.

Making it sound universal even after ubonjoe pointed out to you that it's done at very few offices. 

• Thanks 2

If you try and do your first 90 day online, the program instructs you to visit your nearest immigration office.

Have no idea if you can do that first one by mail, but, you certainly can't in Phuket.

Again, new TM6 number will trigger the same message.

Yes, 90 day report is done same time as extension.

All this applies to Phuket, which I stated.

So if you say this isn't so for immigration, then you are putting false info out there as well.

Best is go to the office and ask.

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If you try and do your first 90 day online, the program instructs you to visit your nearest immigration office.

Have no idea if you can do that first one by mail, but, you certainly can't in Phuket.

Again, new TM6 number will trigger the same message.

That does not happen any more since immigration created a new online reporting site. There is no longer a precheck after you submit the first page. The new site only has one page you complete.

The new site has no requirement for a TM6 number.

See: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Reports are now only rejected at a immigration office now. 

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That does not happen any more since immigration created a new online reporting site. There is no longer a precheck after you submit the first page. The new site only has one page you complete.

The new site has no requirement for a TM6 number.

See: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Reports are now only rejected at a immigration office now. 

That's good news.

With the old report, everything I said was true, which of course is now invalid, though, we still get a new 90 day report automatically when applying for an extension at Phuket.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Very basic, literal thinking.

I didn't say it was a 90 day report, I said it was a report, and therefore meets the criteria for reporting your current address to the Department (apart from the number on the form). It can and does meet the requirement of a 90 day report.

Phuket Immigration treats it this way,

Edited by Old Croc

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Phuket Immigration treats it this way

There are approx 78 immigration offices. 

Phuket immigration is one of very few that "treats it this way"

A TM30 is also an address report. Strange how it doesn't reset my 90 day report clock..

Edited by DrJack54

On 3/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, KarenBravo said:

If anything changes, like a new passport, address or you come back to Thailand with a different TM6 card, then you must go and do the first 90 days in person again.

You do not have to do the first 90 day report in person if you come back to Thailand with a different TM6 card, you can do this on-line.

• Like 1