Hmm. Rates going up?

bankruatsteve

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

Just got PEA bill.  Total amount divided by units consumed = 4.35.

Never above 4.25 previously.

What exactly is the relevance of that number? (Hint, not much)

It will be different for virtually every consumer unless they have used exactly the same number of units as you, because not all units of power are equal 

Type 1.1.2

the First 150kWh. (0 - 150th) base cost is 3.2484 = ฿487.26

from 151 to 400 the base cost is 4.2218 = ฿1,105.425

Over that the base cost is 4.4217

then there is a fuel adjustment 

So deduct ฿1,592.685 from just the electricity cost and divide the remaining electricity cost by the number of units -400 and it will be more representative of any rise or fall in costs.

if however you are a low user it gets even more complex and you are type 1.1.1

in that case there are 7 different rates starting at ฿2.3488 per unit

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It will be different for virtually every consumer unless they have used exactly the same number of units as you, because not all units of power are equal 

Type 1.1.2

the First 150kWh. (0 - 150th) base cost is 3.2484 = ฿487.26

from 151 to 400 the base cost is 4.2218 = ฿1,105.425

Over that the base cost is 4.4217

then there is a fuel adjustment 

So deduct ฿1,592.685 from just the electricity cost and divide the remaining electricity cost by the number of units -400 and it will be more representative of any rise or fall in costs.

if however you are a low user it gets even more complex and you are type 1.1.1

in that case there are 7 different rates starting at ฿2.3488 per unit

This is why it is rising

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/18/fuel-tariff-ft-rate-in-thailand-to-increase-to-4-baht-per-kilowatt-for-the-first-time-due-to-russia-ukraine-war/

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Well, Mr. Condescending, the relevance of that number it is my cost per unit for electricity.  During the past year, my monthly usage has ranged between 737 and 343.  The cost per unit doesn't appear to change much except for minor Covid discounts and at times the add-ons vary.  My cost usually ranges between 4.25 and 4.05 and not depending on usage.  It has never been 4.35.  

The above link says increase doesn't start until May, so I wonder what this is about?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Well, Mr. Condescending, the relevance of that number it is my cost per unit for electricity.  During the past year, my monthly usage has ranged between 737 and 343.  The cost per unit doesn't appear to change much except for minor Covid discounts and at times the add-ons vary.  My cost usually ranges between 4.25 and 4.05 and not depending on usage.  It has never been 4.35.  

The above link says increase doesn't start until May, so I wonder what this is about?

Maybe the Covid discount rate they had been giving was removed.  I should know tomorrow when my bill is delivered electronically from MEA ere in BKK

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe the Covid discount rate they had been giving was removed.  I should know tomorrow when my bill is delivered electronically from MEA ere in BKK

The only time I noticed a Covid discount (in the past year) was last March when my cost/unit went to 3.6.  There has been a couple other outliers but otherwise stays close to 4.2 in my case.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

The only time I noticed a Covid discount (in the past year) was last March when my cost/unit went to 3.6.  There has been a couple other outliers but otherwise stays close to 4.2 in my case.

Every month I have between 375 and 450 baht discount on my MEA bill.  There were only a few months where the discount was not on the bill as I used less than the base month they used to determine the cot.  My water bills have also been lower by about 50 baht for the past year or so and we still use the same amount.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

No. That starts in May.

Badly written report ("had risen", "start in May").

When will they engage writers that know their language?

(it's not my first language)

The OP is not much worth without telling the absolute numbers of consumption.

Rising consumption over certain steps increases price per unit. Fact since "ages".

As far as I know the times of Covid related discounts are over since a while? Could be wrong.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

Ad hominem insults don’t change facts nor do they change the PEA/MEA basis of charging.

The cost of electricity units hasn’t changed for the last 4 years (since November 2018 PEA). The FT has changed from time to time and there have been various refunds and rebates/subsidies. All of these will change the apparent cost of units if you do the math incorrectly. All of them will change the amounts you pay none of them change the actual price if the units. 
Both the PEA and MEA have published tariffs that are freely available.

• Like 1

Looks like the Ft has already risen from September/December 21 to January/April 22?

Would be an explanation for rise per unit.

Expect more from May.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The OP is not much worth without telling the absolute numbers of consumption.

Rising consumption over certain steps increases price per unit. Fact since "ages".

That is my exact point, but it seems that it is difficult for some people to understand. For me most math is simple and has always been fun. For others what is crystal clear to me is totally opaque. 
The change in cost per unit depending on the number of units used has been true for as long as I have been looking at prices and probably since the foundation of the PEA/MEA.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Looks like the Ft has already risen from September/December 21 to January/April 22?

Would be an explanation for rise per unit.

January , February, March  are all the same @0.0139 per unit. The PEA app doesn’t go back beyond that for invoices. And I forget the online link to check the account.

Edit. The online bill estimate shows the FT at -11.6 for 2019&20  -15.32 for 2021 and 1.39 this year 

So there was quite a jump in January, that probably wasn’t noticeable due to low consumption.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Following are units and total PEA bill divided by units since Jan 21.  There is no obvious correlation to units consumed and cost per unit.  The FT for me has been 1.39% of units consumed and doesn't explain difference in cost per unit.

I don't save bill detail, so I don't know what is making the difference.  My point is that my last bill is at least 4% higher than normal.

346 4.02
343 4.02
556 3.63
662 4.26
737 4.07
669 4.25
696 3.12
656 3.18
619 4.24
614 4.24
538 4.19
384 4.05
384 4.05
355 4.21
506 4.35

Read here

1- We got a Ft rate increase from December (starting on the Bill in January). The Ft was for a long time negative but increased to positive 1,39 Satang PER UNIT

2- We will get another Ft increase (now approx 23 Satang per Unit) starting with the Electric Bill in May

Ps: These are PEA increase (don't know about MEA or others)

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

As far as I know the times of Covid related discounts are over since a while? Could be wrong.

No AFAIK you are not WRONG!!

See my Monthly usages and also see the covid discounts (unusual low price per kWh)

(Ps: Some months I didn't get Covid discounts, because maybe I used less ???)

electric.JPG.2fda772bb51dc558ce642da228258451.JPG

Edit: The first yellow bar (looking from left to right) is total Units used, the 2nd is average unit used per day

Edited by MJCM
clarification

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The latest version of the PEA App goes back two years in "Table" mode, sadly it doesn't show FT, just usage and total $$$.

It actually does have that data from March 2020. Click the month, click receipt/tax invoice, and there is the data. It isn’t as complete as January, February, March 2022 where you can also select invoice 

• Like 1

Just about everything is going up, Whole Wheat Bread

in Big C , 22 THB , now 27 THB , it's called inflation , the

reason given before Covid, now Russian aggression .

not only food , mud for planting lilies , frozen Bloodworm

for feeding fish, etc , etc.

regards Worgeordie

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

The latest version of the PEA App goes back two years in "Table" mode, sadly it doesn't show FT, just usage and total $$$.

image.png.a86537b21e4814746b44c6f677b503dc.png

image.png.e483ac0774a5d4c869d02523b83928cc.png

At least you got to sneak in all that savings...

Good job on the carport!

Who gives a "TOSS" about a Tiny increase in electricity prices????

The Pandemic, Ukraine War, Global Energy Prices and Natural Inflation are leading to higher prices everywhere!

Drop in the Ocean!....And I should know! :thumbsup:

Troy Tempest

C/O Flat B4

MarineVille

(Secret Location)

007 1212

Edited by Troy Tempest

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is exactly the same as the November 2018 table. 

Just FWIW extremely few readers here are on 1.1.1 they are virtually all on 1.1.2 or 1.2 (the TOU tariff)

+1

Note: 1. Customer, who has installed meter up to 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.1. If the customer consumes over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.2 in the following month. When the customer does not consume over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.1 in the followingmonth.

2. Customer, who has installed meter over 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.2.

3. Customer, who has classified under 1.1.1 and does not consume over 50 kWh, will be received free electricity for that month until December 2015. From January 2016 onwards, the customer who classified under 1.1.1, and not be a juristic person, and does not consume over 50 kWh for 3 consecutive months (including the current month), will be received free electricity for that month.

i might sound like a dunce but can someone attach one of their bills and let me know how to read this? (can hide identifying information of course)

I don't get my own or I would have asked someone here. .. however, the owner here flashes them in my face to demand more money all the time

I just need to know where to look for the usage vs price (if it's even displayed) and how to know which kind of "Schedule" billing she has to figure out her nonsense.

edit: it looks similar to the one  posted above (i think)

Edited by kekalot