Unmodified Xbox 360's Not Available In Thailand?

quiksilva

I just want an unmodified 360 so I can play on xbox live with no fears of being banned, now or in the future. Perhaps I am mental but I am very happy to pay full price for good games that I enjoy, but every shop I encounter looks at me as if I have two heads when I ask for one, and universally tell me that unmodified consoles can not be brought here.

I find this difficult to accept, but can this really be true?

If its not please let me know where I might be able to find one and what I might have to pay.

Cheers n beers

If you were to find an unmodded 360 it would likely be a Japanese or Asian version and so you may not have the same selection of games available (especially if it's a japanese one). I've never seen a Euro or US 360 for sale here

Some games have region protection still, unlike the PS3 which has no region coding for games

I picked up UK 360 whilst I was back in the UK over Xmas (my 3rd 360!) and get my games sent from the UK. My 2nd one was shipped here by Parcelforce and cost 50quid to ship here. Got here in 4 or 5 days though

• 2 months later...

Update, well I have been to every major 360 shop that i know of in Bangkok, including Mahboonkrong, Central Ladprao, Emporium, Central Rama 3, the Mall Ngamwongwan, Panthip Ngamwongwan, Fortune, and a few others.

Every single shop only sold modded 360's and would/could not place an order for a genuine virgin 360. Amazing.

So I may have to resort to getting a mate to ship me a 360 Elite Asian version from Hong Kong, and suffer 30% import duty!

If anyone knows of a better solution please let me know urgently as I have cash burning a hole in my pocket for one, preferably an Elite.

Guest Reimar
Update, well I have been to every major 360 shop that i know of in Bangkok, including Mahboonkrong, Central Ladprao, Emporium, Central Rama 3, the Mall Ngamwongwan, Panthip Ngamwongwan, Fortune, and a few others.

Every single shop only sold modded 360's and would/could not place an order for a genuine virgin 360. Amazing.

So I may have to resort to getting a mate to ship me a 360 Elite Asian version from Hong Kong, and suffer 30% import duty!

If anyone knows of a better solution please let me know urgently as I have cash burning a hole in my pocket for one, preferably an Elite.

May you consider to take a flight to HKK and you'll have the choice of bargain and look for more games (original)!

That would be an option if you consider to pay Import Duty as well. If you handcarry may don't need to pay Tax!

Usually its 30% + 7% on the games and shipping.. Compounded..

I used to buy legit DVD's (I know its nuts but I like stuff not for sale here) and the packages would cost me many multiples of thier price in taxes. Games fall into the same bands of optical dic media IIRC.

As to unmodded.. If I ask my guy he can have it modded or unmodded.. Easy.

I used to buy legit DVD's (I know its nuts but I like stuff not for sale here) and the packages would cost me many multiples of thier price in taxes. Games fall into the same bands of optical dic media IIRC.

Be aware that reverting a modded console back to unmodded may still warrant an XBL ban depending on how the procedure is performed, and that even though the machine may have not been connected previously.

Be aware that reverting a modded console back to unmodded may still warrant an XBL ban depending on how the procedure is performed, and that even though the machine may have not been connected previously.

Of course but as my modded seems hapily on live through multiple FW flashes I think the vast majority of flashers will know what to do.

Import games is 3% duty + 7% VAT. Not 30% DHL / FEDEX / UPS have all tried to charge me 30% but after calling them they agreed it should be 3% and refunded it.

Well it may have been for fedex or couriers (how much does that cost per single disc !!!) but this was simply my local post office.. They had the items and would not release without item + Shipping * 30% then compounding it + 7%..

When you did the numbers it killed my attempts. including the shipping makes it too nasty for 'low value' items.

Import games is 3% duty + 7% VAT. Not 30% DHL / FEDEX / UPS have all tried to charge me 30% but after calling them they agreed it should be 3% and refunded it.

Well it may have been for fedex or couriers (how much does that cost per single disc !!!) but this was simply my local post office.. They had the items and would not release without item + Shipping * 30% then compounding it + 7%..

When you did the numbers it killed my attempts. including the shipping makes it too nasty for 'low value' items.

The 30% is a SCAM totally. If you want cheap courier shipping to thailand use www.cdromshop.com cheapest shipping anywhere in the worlds and a really great bunch of guys. Usually have my games in Bangkok 3 days after ordering...

Highly recommend them. US$27.00 3 day delivery to Thailand.

Edited by dekka007