Thai Pass - Departure country

I just received my Thai Pass confirmation earlier today (flying out in 2 weeks), however Im a little confused if I need to alter the departure country details. The outbound booked flight is still the same (from an eligible country that I am in at present for 5 weeks already), however my plans slightly changed in that I will return to UK on Thursday for 11 days and then fly back to the country I am in presently and take this now connecting flight direct to Thailand. On my QR code Thai Pass it says Departure from the country I’m currently in. I don’t think this should be an issue but just wondered if anyone could confirm.

(I tried to edit my details on ThaiPass but the button to edit them wouldn’t allow me for some reason.)

thank you.

I am guessing that the flight to Thailand is the same as the one you reported on your Thaipass. If so I can't see where there would be a problem. The only one I can see is if you had canceled the original ticket and bought new with the connecting flight. If so the airline may notice the reservation numbers don't match. When I came no flight matching was done in Thailand. Again---I don't really know.

9 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I am guessing that the flight to Thailand is the same as the one you reported on your Thaipass. If so I can't see where there would be a problem. The only one I can see is if you had canceled the original ticket and bought new with the connecting flight. If so the airline may notice the reservation numbers don't match. When I came no flight matching was done in Thailand. Again---I don't really know.

Hi thanks for reply. Yes the original booking is still the same to Thailand. I just very recently booked another separate return flight from country I’m in now to Uk for 11 days.

If the airlines will be seeing this as completely separate flights (that is, you are planning to pass through immigration at the, now, 'transfer' airport, collecting all your baggage, before checking in for your flight to Thailand as a completely unrelated flight) then there will be no problem. However, be aware that the pre departure PCR tests (if still required) will need to be within the required time limit when you check in for the Thailand flight. Also, you will now be entering the 'transfer' airport, not just using it to connect flights without passing immigration. Make sure this does not have additional requirements.

If you tell the airline at check in the UK that your journey finishes in Bangkok, or if you try to do an international to international transfer without passing immigration, there is a high chance of problems IMHO.