Delicious sausages may pose health risks

webfact

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am beyond redemption, I love sausages. Cumberland, Bratwurst, chorizo, boerewors, sai ua - bring them on.

I defy any bacteria to live in sai ua, it's like expecting an Eskimo to live on the equator.

At age 78, I guess my lifelong addiction to sausages has boosted my immune system.

I'm guilty as well. Love me some cajun anduoille ( pork or chicken), Italian hot sausage,  chorizo, Polish, and of course German sausages. I don't eat them regularly but do enjoyed them on occasions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayArea said:

I'm guilty as well. Love me some cajun anduoille ( pork or chicken), Italian hot sausage,  chorizo, Polish, and of course German sausages. I don't eat them regularly but do enjoyed them on occasions. 

Damn, forgot the cajun sausage. Had it in New Orleans several times, quite addictive food there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Did they come up with this all by themselves ... such insight.

"However, when this processed food product is not made to the highest of standards, it can be harmful to the health"

In a long discussion with my respected doctor in Australia I asked him what I can do to limit my chances of heart attach and/or stroke. A quick summay of his response:

- A big reducion in alcohol intake and stop altogether if you can.

- Reduce coffee down to 1 cup/mug per day, in the morning.

- Plenty of fresh water, e,g, 4 or 5 big glasses of water every day and after exercise/walk around the block etc. He agrees with the concept of waking up once or twice during the night to drink a glass of water.

- Take a blood thinner every day (same time of day if you can, e.g. Cardiprin).

- Reduce the oversall size of meals if you can.

- Reduce red meat a lot.

- Zero processed meats; sausages, cooked ham, etc., etc.

- Ensure you have fruit and veg every day / several times every day, doctors' own diet (re fruit and veg etc.), one orange, one apple, one banana every day and any other fruit on hand and at least one carrot every day, potatoes and cooked onions etc., regularly but potatoes in small quantities.

- Garlic every day, can be garlic tablets if you find eating garlic raw or cooked to be unpleasant.

- Daily exercise, even just a walk around the block.

That's all I can remember. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, connda said:

The fear-mongering never ends does it.  ????

Fear mongering, can you expand on this for at least me....I mean it is known that most sausages/hot dogs etc...are known carcinogens and cancer causing.  Not scaremongering but at least one knows what's possible.

https://www.bannerhealth.com/healthcareblog/teach-me/who-hot-dogs-and-sausages-cause-cancer-now-what

The World Health Organization (WHO) has classified processed meat as carcinogenic, or cancer-causing, to humans. It’s in the same category as cigarettes and alcohol. Think about that for a second. Cigarettes, alcohol, processed meat. All bad for you.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I`ve yet to meet a Thai lady that does not enjoy a tasty sausage.......

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You put pepper, salt and tomato sauce on it?

embellishments not necessary as it`s all meat...a real treat ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

All the remains from the butcher room floor, swept up with phosphates added....cancer in a casing.

It depends on who made them, where they were bought from. 

I used to make my own, and I knew what went into them. but the price of pork now is to high to do it.

Last night my son and I had sausage and mash, onions, garlic and gravy which was tasty. They were Cumberland pork sausages from Makro but tasted nothing like the ones that I used to eat back in the UK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why did they use the word 'sausages' in the headline when the story is about hot dogs.

There is nothing in this story about real sausages.

Also, as they are talking about local made hot dogs, they should define their understanding of the word 'delicious'.

Correct. Real sausages  are made with fresh  ground meat. The smoked hot dogs,  save lots and weiners  etc are not sausages,  are not fresh and indeed are loaded with chemicals  not found in real sausages. Its a misleading image, headline and article and a story two decades old.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Good Lord ! It's groundhog day.

At the risk of repeating myself (adopting the spirit used by ASEAN Now), do we have to have the exact same articles regurgitated several times over a couple of weeks period ? Is there no screening taking place to maximise fresh content, is there no 'new' news ??

I expect you can only milk the multiple clicks and interactions on duplicates for so long before members will get bored.... :coffee1:

That not very fair is it to the hard working editorial team?