Obtaining an International Covid Vaccination Certificate (ICVC) in Thailand if vaccinated overseas

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any experience or information regarding the possibility of obtaining an international vaccination certificate in Thailand if vaccinated overeas.

More specifically, I was vaccinated in Australia last year and used my Australian certificates to enter Thailand. I am now wishing to travel to either Malaysia or Singapore for a visa run, and both of these countries require an international vaccination certificate.

I spoke to the Australian government earlier today and apparently you need to apply for this certificate in the country in which you are currently in, regardless of where you were orginally vaccinated. In other words, I am not able to obtain one from Australia because I am not currently in Australia. So, they said I need to apply for this certificate in Thailand. However, everything I have found online so far suggests that such certificates are only issued in Thailand to people who obtained their vaccinations in Thailand. 

Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

54 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't think it's currently possible to import foreign jabs into the Thai system, but I'm happy to be corrected if that has changed. 

I agree. Was told that this was not possible. I have had 2 jabs in the UK and one in Thailand. Separate certs for both. Flying to Oz in a couple of weeks, will see what happens 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I agree. Was told that this was not possible. I have had 2 jabs in the UK and one in Thailand. Separate certs for both. Flying to Oz in a couple of weeks, will see what happens 

Mmmm....I am the opposite two in Thailand and one in the UK......wonder how that is going to play out?

I was vaccinated in Switzerland, then Booster in Thailand after 6 month.

Sent the Thai certificate to the Swiss federal health authorities, the Booster was included in the Swiss vaccine registry, and my Swiss certificate was extended by 9 month from the day of the Thai booster.

Praise you, Switzerland 

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Mmmm....I am the opposite two in Thailand and one in the UK......wonder how that is going to play out?

No idea frankly. To quote Aussie requirements a foreign vaccine cert is ok if it shows

Date of Birth

Name as per passport. If not further evidence i.e driving licence

Date and type of jabs.

I am OK apart from not having my middle name on the NHS app.

Fortunately, I have always found Aussie Border Force staff friendly, welcoming and helpful (sarcasm alert)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Was told by who? 

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Each of you can obtain an international certificate from where you had the first two jabs and it can be done online or via an app.  Seems the OP can't due to quirks of the Australian system, unless of course he too can do it remotely and fibs regarding his whereabouts.

The Thai yellow book needs you to turn up in person but it seems as useful as tits on a bull.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

Each of you can obtain an international certificate from where you had the first two jabs and it can be done online or via an app.  Seems the OP can't due to quirks of the Australian system, unless of course he too can do it remotely and fibs regarding his whereabouts.

The Thai yellow book needs you to turn up in person but it seems as useful as tits on a bull.

Can't do two emojis........so......????

Edited by Will B Good

@dafataIf you had you two vaccines administered in Australia and have a Medicare card and/or MyGov account you can get an international Vaccine Certificate from the MyGov web site or on the Medicare app on your smart phone.

I downloaded my certificate after I arrived in Thailand mid last year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I don't think it's currently possible to import foreign jabs into the Thai system, but I'm happy to be corrected if that has changed. 

Correct. MOPH the sole issuer here of such Intl Certs. are not interested in jabs they did not administer, nor will they update such foreign documents with Thai jabs. 

Fortunate that I had all three western vax jabs here, free, with paper MOPH Cert, then public hospital loaded Mor Phrom record to my Smart Phone Line then gave me an Intl MOPH Manual Booklet which I shall swap for MOPH Digital Record at SUV Airport or Provincial MOPH Office.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Staff in the office where you apply for the yellow book in Chiang Mai

The only way to get the international vaccine cert is through the specific application issued by the issuing country.

In Thailand, it is Mor Prom.

5 hours ago, ozfarang said:

@dafataIf you had you two vaccines administered in Australia and have a Medicare card and/or MyGov account you can get an international Vaccine Certificate from the MyGov web site or on the Medicare app on your smart phone.

I downloaded my certificate after I arrived in Thailand mid last year

Yep I tried the myGov website first - it didn't work for me which is why I called them. Apparently if you're overseas it only works if you're an Australian citizen (I'm a Kiwi).

Anyway, thanks for the replies and ideas everybody, though it looks like there's not really much I can do about it - will just need to choose another option for the visa run.

Edited by dafata

unfortunately your checkmated by burocracy i suggest that being as u have all the certs go to airline office and present those  as evidence ,see what they say,but it now appears many airlines have closed their branches .i am trying to communicate with qatar airlines what a complete disgrace and bunch of incompetents they are.like trying to find a ham sandwich in mecca.im medical case and my layovers 10 hrs in doha,i need a hotel and assistance and need  to ask questions about that,no chance ,customer service has gone out of fashion.

3 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

I was jabbed 2 x in Europe last year. Then obtained the third jab moderna at pattaya bangkok hospital . They issued an english certificate with name , passport no.

Lots in a similar position but unable to get them combined into one system here in Thailand.  Were the hospital able to do that for you?  Can you access the Thai one on Mor Phrom?

On 3/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, treetops said:

Lots in a similar position but unable to get them combined into one system here in Thailand.  Were the hospital able to do that for you?  Can you access the Thai one on Mor Phrom?

No. MOPH won’t combine & not necessary . Use multiple WHO Booklets. 

If anyone is interested, in the UK the NHS will add a Covid vaccination acquired in Thailand to your database, thus creating a single, internationally accepted Covid vaccination record/certificate. You need to provide them with the MOPH issued vaccination record so they can do this.