To the Farang on the Orange Cruiser Bike that Almost Died Today

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He had a helmet on.

I did put the window down and give him an earful though. Silly old fool probably didn't know how close he came. 

Well good he had a helmet on, at least he wasn't that stupid then. Possibly a European in that case.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He sounds like an utter idiot......      

He must have recognised his stupid mistake but lacked the intelligence to recognise such and offer both an apology and more importantly a thank-you. 

For these very reasons I have dash-cams on by my car and my motorcycle....   not to ‘shame him’ on hear (although that would also be an interesting video), but to protect yourself, because if you were slightly slower on the brakes you’d have proof that this fool cut across all three lanes in front of you and you were completely innocent in his demise. 

Unfortunately: The driver of any car involved in a fatal road traffic incident is automatically charged with ‘reckless driving leading to death’....  which is why our first hand insurance has a bail-bond. 

In possession of irrefutable proof (dash-cam footage) I imagine that this process is a lot less stressful. 

I fitted the front and rear dash cams pretty much straight after I bought the car as they did not come as standard. Glad I did now in hindsight. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I would say he was 60+

I have a mate I ride with who is 70 and he is a very good rider. 

I guess, in the main, it is the better drivers that make it to 70.......your guy in the orange cruiser is unlikely to make it that far.

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just left the hospital. Who knows what news he received. Perhaps he was totally distracted.

Mistakes happen, thats excusable. He was lucky you reacted quickly.... 

But then he give you the middle finger...  what that before or after you shouted at him? (blasted the horn too?) - either way, he was a total idiot to give you the finger. Hand up as an apology, wave of thanks and acknowledgment that he stuffed up is all thats required.

I sounded the horn to alert him he was coming over possibly in front of me and was about to be hit. After I locked up and he was on the move he gave me the finger. Lol. I then pulled alongside him at the u-turn and gave him a bit of an ear bashing.

Like I said, if I was in the pick-up or another work vehicle he would have been hit for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Russian lady, middle aged, dyed blonde, moving to the barrel stage

Tattoos (bad ones), smoking (a cigarette) and knocking back vodka shots?.......I think I know her........Sonia.  

• Haha 2

I'd agree giving the finger to the OP was stupid. Thais know exactly what it means, and  some could react violently.

Having said that, "decent brakes" and "locking up brakes" is a contradiction in terms, one can't lock up a brake system with ABS. I doubt there are many modern cars without ABS nowadays.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd agree giving the finger to the OP was stupid. Thais know exactly what it means, and  some could react violently.

Having said that, "decent brakes" and "locking up brakes" is a contradiction in terms, one can't lock up a brake system with ABS. I doubt there are many modern cars without ABS nowadays.

Meeseeks may have meant.. ‘forced the ABS to engage’...  

When that happens there is some ‘tire squeal’....   (happens in the car and on the bike when the rear gets a little squirrelly under heavy braking).