To the Farang on the Orange Cruiser Bike that Almost Died Today

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:
11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Having said that, "decent brakes" and "locking up brakes" is a contradiction in terms, one can't lock up a brake system with ABS. I doubt there are many modern cars without ABS nowadays.

Meeseeks may have meant.. ‘forced the ABS to engage’...  

When that happens there is some ‘tire squeal’....   (happens in the car and on the bike when the rear gets a little squirrelly under heavy braking). 

Ah... there you go... he [Meeseks] already got that point out there... 

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Lock-up was just a term I used to describe the scenario.

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

whats the point of moaning/complaining/ranting ?
surely you have all been here long enough to know what the roads are like
it is what it is, and foreigners are just as bad if not worse sometimes.????‍♂️

If he reads this post it may even save his life in future. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

like most ferangs he will likely take offence and blame you for doing 80kph in 60 zone.....
not that i care either way
but if i had a satang for every close call on the roads.......
someone cutting across 3 lanes is nothing to be shocked by here
and something you should always be preared imo, especially near U-turns
be thankful you were driving a nice car that was capable of keeping you both safe.

it is hard to understand how much of a situation it actually was
without the dashcam footage.

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does it matter what brakes you have when someone pulls out across a 3 line road into your path ?

Arguably... the Op locked up (meaning he didn’t but still stopped). 

The Op said he was travelling at 80kmh, but still stopped in time.

The point of the Op is that a motorcyclist pulled across three lanes of traffic without looking.... 

Whether people are doing 60kmh, 80kmh or have ABS or not, the act of pulling out across 3 lanes of traffic is remarkably stupid. 

Never attempt to merge or cross in moving / fast traffic. Wait until both sides clear ! Happy to wait 30 seconds or longer on m/ bike  (without obstructing) for this !

Thais can’t wait even five seconds for a clear road to enter or cross ; they appear programmed to “ merge” ! And Die ……some farang go native too. Like this fool who is not long for this life, stupid, troublesome  & arrogant not a good combo for survival here….

I don’t drive four wheels here only m/ bike so must be extra cautious & defensive ! Not here to sit in traffic….

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I notice many don't look at all. They forcibly merge and place the responsibility on you to not hit them.....as I say to the wife........"I'm Thai, I want to die"

Because No “ courtesy” ( or Safety) element in their road practices…attitude is that all roads are their own private roads ….yes with “ others” responsible for themselves… Mai pen rai fatalism is not remotely compatible with Preventative Road Sagety…. they can always be reborn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The ABS saved the day here, I have no doubt about that.

Some idiot walked out in front of me when I had a modern Jaguar some time back while living in the UK.

I was surprised how well they worked when I completely floored the break to miss the idiot who stepped out in front of me, that incident was on a slower road and at a slower speed but my car shuddered to a halt very, very quickly.

He acknowledged what happened, said sorry and said something like 'wow, that car is really good' - he knew his number was nearly up and how lucky he had been.

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Tattoos (bad ones), smoking (a cigarette) and knocking back vodka shots?.......I think I know her........Sonia.  

If your "landlady " could read this  some serious questions could be coming ????????????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

No problems with theft of dashcam from motorcycles? 

Ummm, I'm going to 'assume' most people would remove the dash cam when leaving the motorcycle.

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

But youve already pulled along side him at a stop and balled him out. Why come on a public forum and do the same if only to make you feel superior.

• Like 1

So the OP was illegally speeding, 20Kph over the legal speed limit. 

He pulled out in the overtaking lane - any vehicle in front that looked behind wouldn't have seen him as he pulled out from behind a pickup truck at excessive illegal speed. 

Then he blames someone else!!!

No wonder he hasn't the posted the video, if the police see it he could be done for speeding and dangerous driving - fortunately not dangerous driving causing death (this time).

Get off the road before you kill someone. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

A local wouldn't have anticipated that. 

I'm a local and I anticipated it before he put the keys in the ignition.

Maybe not ALL locals would have, the Matrix 9 is filmed in BKK for this very reason.

My amulet slows down time, my peripheral vision is 400 degrees, and my F1 driving career really helped.

A falang never would have guessed that about me.  lol 

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So the OP was illegally speeding, 20Kph over the legal speed limit. 

He pulled out in the overtaking lane - any vehicle in front that looked behind wouldn't have seen him as he pulled out from behind a pickup truck at excessive illegal speed. 

Then he blames someone else!!!

No wonder he hasn't the posted the video, if the police see it he could be done for speeding and dangerous driving - fortunately not dangerous driving causing death (this time).

Get off the road before you kill someone. 

It might be time you drop the faux outrage, pathetic sanctimony and ridiculous exaggeration (excessive illegal speed).

Speed limit sign next to the first U-Turn after Bangkok Pattaya Hospital shows 80 kmh.... 

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 23.51.20.png

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 23.53.30.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

after Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Fail.

turned out from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Your graphics prove he was speeding (at around 20kph over the legal speed limit)

Do you support speeders that pull out from behind a pickup and kill a person at 20kph over the speed limit, or only those that very nearly do? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Fail.

Your graphics prove he was speeding (at around 20kph over the legal speed limit)

What speed limit do you see on those signs JefferLos ???

I just want to know if you see an 80 or a 60 in that circle on the ‘City limit’ sign which is right next to the U-Turn sign which is where the Op pointed out the guy on the motorcycle cut across 3 lanes to the U-Turn. 

844254799_Screenshot2022-03-23at23_53_30.thumb.png.2844c64354cf44e86ce7878770becec4.png

36 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Do you support speeders that pull out from behind a pickup and kill a person at 20kph over the speed limit, or only those that very nearly do? 

Of course not, neither do I support such moronic sanctimonious gaslighting.... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

had to lock-up my brakes to avoid hitting him.

So he was in front of you and you needed to brake? In every country I have ever driven in, including Thailand, if you hit someone from behind, you are at fault.  Did you pass the driver's test? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1