To the Farang on the Orange Cruiser Bike that Almost Died Today

5 hours ago, petermik said:
17 hours ago, papa al said:

U-turns are from inside lane.

The U-turn in this instance is filtered to the right on the outside lane....

I think we’d better stick with ‘right most’....   as in the U-Turn is towards the centre and filtered into from the right most of the three lanes (in each direction)

(this inside-outside business has been debated before...  many have a contradictory definition / understanding of inside and outside when it comes to multi-lane roads / highways).

On 3/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, Lemsta69 said:

he drives a Benz so it's OK ????

I hope it's an AMG Merc and not an embarrassing standard model.

Benz would be the last brand of car i would buy here

i have never seen one with working indicators ????‍♂️

14 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Surprised we did not get more details on his car. Not sure what the make had to do with the topic 

So the guy on the orange cruiser, if he reads this, knows exactly that the topic refers to him silly. 

No further elaboration on model etc. is needed. 

On 3/23/2022 at 6:54 PM, Spamhead said:

But youve already pulled along side him at a stop and balled him out. Why come on a public forum and do the same if only to make you feel superior.

Simply because he was belligerent and appeared not to know that he did anything wrong and dangerous and how close he was to being killed or seriously injured. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, JeffersLos said:

The MC pulled out and moved across to the overtaking lane at that point next to the hospital, when the OP pulled out from behind a pickup truck at 20kph over the speed limit and almost killed him. 

The rider looking behind would have seen a slower moving pickup obeying the speed limit in the middle lane, when suddenly the speeder appeared in the overtaking lane at excessive speed almost killing him. 

Incorrect.

I was in the outside lane well in front of the pickup when I saw the motorbike pulling out, so I stayed in the outside lane, while the motorbike drifted across all three lanes in a wide curve, ending up in front of me. 

There was no dangerous overtaking maneuver performed at any time on my part however much you wish it to be so. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Incorrect.

I was in the outside lane well in front of the pickup when I saw the motorbike pulling out, so I stayed in the outside lane, while the motorbike drifted across all three lanes in a wide curve, ending up in front of me. 

There was no dangerous overtaking maneuver performed at any time on my part however much you wish it to be so. 

He make a mistake and didn't acknowledge, next. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:48 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I then pulled alongside him at the u-turn and gave him a bit of an ear bashing.

So you admonish him for giving you the finger but it's ok for you to stop alongside him and escalate the situation by "giving him an ear-bashing".  One rule for you and another for him, eh?     

Do you have some kind of authority to enforce the laws and driving standards and give directives to other road users?

• Sad 1

On 3/23/2022 at 2:32 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Arguably... the Op locked up (meaning he didn’t but still stopped). 

The Op said he was travelling at 80kmh, but still stopped in time.

The point of the Op is that a motorcyclist pulled across three lanes of traffic without looking.... 

The point of some comments is to suggest that the OP is embellishing his story, modern cars with ABS do not lock-up their brakes so why would he say that's what happened?   Also, as another poster has indicated the OP appeared, from his own "story", to have been driving well over the speed limit at that location!

On 3/23/2022 at 2:58 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I have a 2021 Benz so it has ABS and as well as me stomping the foot down it sounded the hazard alarm and brake assist activated when the sensors saw the danger.

Lock-up was just a term I used to describe the scenario.

"Lock-up" was just a specific term you used to completely mischaracterise what actually happened, then.  You did not lock the brakes at all.

Did you also mischaracterise your speed that exceeded the speed limit?  Is there anything else that is not accurate in your OP?

On 3/23/2022 at 3:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Meeseeks may have meant.. ‘forced the ABS to engage’...  

But he didn't say that! 

He also admitted that he was speeding, as it now turns out.  Perhaps he's not as perfect as he clearly wants us and the motorcyclist to think.  Maybe if he wasn't exceeding the speed limit the situation wouldn't have happened at all?

It's a pity that the motorcyclist hasn't been able to give his side of this. clearly inaccurate, OP.   Did he really dangerously pull out in front of the OP whose brakes did not actually lock up, was the OP travelling over the speed limit in wet conditions as seems to be the case and perhaps performing an unwise overtaking manoeuvre for the conditions?   All will be revealed when the OP posts his cam footage.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:02 AM, richard_smith237 said:

It might be time you drop the faux outrage, pathetic sanctimony and ridiculous exaggeration (excessive illegal speed).

Speed limit sign next to the first U-Turn after Bangkok Pattaya Hospital shows 80 kmh.... 

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 23.51.20.png

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 23.53.30.png

That sign that you point out is after passing the hospital.  

On 3/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I took my driving test here in Thailand in something similar back in the '90s. ????

They wouldn't just swap me a Thai license because I only had the old British paper one. The UK hadn't started issuing the photocards yet!

I received a permanent Thai license which was a bit of paper with my passport photo laminated. A photocard of sort!

I got my cardboard Thai licence in the 90's also, backed by a 1969-issued UK paper licence that was acceptable without a problem.  No driving test had to be done.  

On 3/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I had just completed overtaking a pick-up in the middle lane and was about to go back left when he came from the left out in front of me. 

And after that, you could not go left instead of following behind him? Not blaming. Just curious. Was it no time or did it come more traffic?

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So the guy on the orange cruiser, if he reads this, knows exactly that the topic refers to him silly. 

No further elaboration on model etc. is needed. 

Your dash cam footage would be good support for your, slightly holey, case, though!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I'm in Pattaya frequently with my big bike, now I've got to check out how the Uturn looks at BPH. I've been riding down Suk thinking I'm ahead of the crowd, take your eyes off the mirror for a second and there's a car going absurdly fast alongside just as you're changing lanes. 

you drive a big bike in Pattaya? ser, you are crazy!

ps. next time I'm in Patts will you take me on a joyride through the tunnel on Sukhumvit? ????

On 3/30/2022 at 10:26 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was in the outside lane well in front of the pickup when I saw the motorbike pulling out

????

Did you buy your driving license? 

The overtaking lane is for overtaking, after you are to return to the normal lane. 

So you were speeding at 30% over the speed limit, in the wrong lane, and almost kill an innocent motorcyclist, that looking in his mirrors would have expected you to return to the correct lane, thus it being safe for him to move to the u-turn. Unfortunately for him your vehicle (either non-ABS equiped or with faulty ABS) was being illegally driven massively over the speed limit by a driver that wither doesn't know or doesn't care about the rules of the road. 

Learn how to drive before you kill people. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

????

Did you buy your driving license? 

The overtaking lane is for overtaking, after you are ( ABLE) to return to the normal lane. 

There fixed it for you.......these amateur sleuths on here would have the OP on a driving charge through their own ignorance or understanding of a situation which allowed the OP a split second to take control of a situation caused by some plonker on a bike....

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:04 PM, petermik said:

caused by some plonker on a bike....

Caused by some plonker going 20kph over the speed limit in a lane he shouldn't have been in, in a vehicle with poor brakes.

Who then had the absolute gall to shout abuse at an old man.

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Caused by some plonker going 20kph over the speed limit in a lane he shouldn't have been in, in a vehicle with poor brakes.

Who then had the absolute gall to shout abuse at an old man.

I,m sorry I didn`t realise you witnessed the incident first hand...........

• Like 1