Getting Together In Bangkok - Merged threads

elsie

hey amanda,

well I did make it there - but it was late.... nearly 12. But I had said to people beforehand that I would be late depending on how busy my restaurant was...........and it was busy!

I hadnt been to Gullivers in a while but as I was walking around looking for the rest of the guys I had one or two more propositions than I cared for........!

Its always difficult to organise these things........ especially when most people dont even know what the others look like......... next time a balloon at the table might be an idea...........

anyway, for those that did turn up........how did it go?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 8 when I arrived it was starting to rain so sitting outside was not going to happen.

but yes this has been a problem every time we have had a get together(except that time at 12calls), unless you know what some one looks like you won't find the group. Though as I posted when we were there(and there are internet machines in gullivers) we were on the third table on the left inside, and looking around the largest groups other than us were 4 people.

sorry you missed us.

:o

Even though I didn't write here that I would be coming, I went to Gulliver's last night, expecting to see a bunch of people from here. I.....

Lovelycutie, I think it was you who was organising this thing. Well, I can tell you that you did a fricking lousy job ! And by the way that Gulliver's place sucks ! It was full of hideous looking, hard-core hookers !

Amanda

Well amanda, you complain on one hand about a lousy organization on the other hand you did not tell LC that you will come.

Don't think it is fair. I mentioned I was thinking to have a look (I did not announce myself) since I was supposed to be around anyway. I do not complain since I did not 'register'.

Sitting outside, I believe was the request of some people who do not like the noise. OK, it was raining, a bit of a drizzle. 26 hours earlier it was raining cats and dogs.

As for your experiencing 'hookers". Well I only see regular 'guests' who you will meet around Sois 5 and 7 as well as Sheraton Grande or Grand Hyatt. Perhaps the drinks are cheaper in Gulliver's or the aircon works better and no minimum consumption.

How do you expect Gulliver's to exclude males or females, just because they might not like a face?

I am always angry that nobody of the security checks me for an age-ID :o

I arr'd at 7.50 and no one outside apart from 2 young Arab lads.

Did 2 laps inside, nada.

Went back outside and waited until 8.15 with a beer. Nada.

Gave up when I spotted Stickman and family and spent the next 20 minutes perving on a youngy at the pool table nearest to us.

A great bit of organising....... :o

Rain, yes, 3 drops in 20 minutes

Even though I didn't write here that I would be coming, I went to Gulliver's last night, expecting to see a bunch of people from here. I was there slightly past eight and there were very few people sitting at the tables outside. I even asked them if they were from the thaivisa forum and they had no clue what I was talking about. I was so fricking annoyed !!!

I arrived around 8:45, figuring that at a normal gathering it'd take a while for people to filter in. Sat down outside with a friend of mine and had a beer, but there wasn't any group outside so we left. Thought perhaps I had read the thread too quickly and the meeting was actually at Gulliver's on Khao Sarn.

WELL! @$#%&!*()#)

I flew from Phuket to Bangkok, booked into The Landmark and went to the meet.

I waited outside for 1 hour and left :D

I am glad I spent over 12000 baht to go to a meeting that no one turned up to :o

I phoned Lovelys mobile and "no connection", had another beer, then went and caught up with a few mates at The Sheraton and partied until 6 at a few places.

I got up at 2 and flew back to Phuket. All in all a good weekend, but would never go to another meet.

WELL! @$#%&!*()#)

I flew from Phuket to Bangkok, booked into The Landmark and went to the meet.

I waited outside for 1 hour and left :D

I am glad I spent over 12000 baht to go to a meeting that no one turned up to :o

I phoned Lovelys mobile and "no connection", had another beer, then went and caught up with a few mates at The Sheraton and partied until 6 at a few places.

I got up at 2 and flew back to Phuket. All in all a good weekend, but would never go to another meet.

Even though I didn't write here that I would be coming, I went to Gulliver's last night, expecting to see a bunch of people from here. I was there slightly past eight and there were very few people sitting at the tables outside. I even asked them if they were from the thaivisa forum and they had no clue what I was talking about. I was so fricking annoyed !!!

Lovelycutie, I think it was you who was organising this thing. Well, I can tell you that you did a fricking lousy job ! And by the way that Gulliver's place sucks ! It was full of hideous looking, hard-core hookers !

Amanda

I said I wouldn't be coming but I almost went there anyway! :o

In hindsight,good I didn't bother because it seems like everyone got stoned and lost somewhere out in cyberspace! :D

Cheers. :D

Snowleopard.

I waited outside for 1 hour and left  :D

You must have been waiting with LC.

She spent more than one hour outside asking anybody and everybody whether they were from the Thaivisa forum.

Obviously, you replied no to her,... :o

Ok I must of dreamt it then :D

When I arrived at about 8.30 there were two guys outside and I sat at the table near them. It had just rained a little and the place was far from "rocking". I looked inside once and saw about 6 or 7 people (not all together) and then spent the next 1/2 hour talking/oggling a gorgeous little princess and having a drink.

So Bluecat do not be the internet "busy body" and throw a false judgement regarding my "no show" as I was there! :D

In hindsight,good I didn't bother because it seems like everyone got stoned

Got stoned?

A bit but lost?

Not at all.

Gentleman Scamp is a very interesting young guy.

I think Rainman could learn from him.

Stumonster and LC, I knew them from the Pattaya meet, they did not change,... :o

The Aussie friend of Stumonster had a great sense of humor(Bronco style, he looked a bit like him by the way, is from Melbourne and has a house in Surin,...).

As for Stroll, he is not such a troll, after all,... :D

I arrived around 8:45, figuring that at a normal gathering it'd take a while for people to filter in. Sat down outside with a friend of mine and had a beer, but there wasn't any group outside so we left. Thought perhaps I had read the thread too quickly and the meeting was actually at Gulliver's on Khao Sarn.

Were you and your mate mid thirties and one of you was wearing a black shirt?, if so I was sitting near you.

There was speculation as to whether Tornado was coming or not and LC was waiting for a call most of the night.

To learn from reading this that he had flown all the way from Phuket and could not find us or get through to LC is fustrating to say the least and if I knew then what I know now I would have PM'd him my number.

Anyway, I am still in Nana now wearing the same clothes and it was an interesting night. :o

Was good to see Stroll again with family in tow as well as Stumonster and LovelyCutie who was looking quite sexy last night.

Kevin Spacey lookalike Random Chances was also there as was the infamous Bluecat who incidentally looks nothing like his avatar.

Everyone eventually dissapeared into the night and poor LC was so anxious about Tornado's whereabouts that she had forgotten to eat, had one too many Bacardi Breezers and as a result was sick into the ambassadors hat.

All are really nice people to know and it goes to prove that anonymity is for those with no sense of adventure. :D

Just got home now and changed the clothes from last night. Still have the mother and the father of a hangover. Tried to avoid alcohol all afternoon, and finally had some vodka late afternoon.

Thanks Scampy for being around last night while I was having difficulties finding a bloody place to go crash. I appreciate it.

I swear to God my mobile was working just fine last night. I never missed any calls last night as I kept watching it. Scampy rang me just before he arrived. 12call also rang me to let me know RandomChances was looking for us. Britmaveric was keeping in touch from Portugal. So, no idea why Tornado couldn't get through. Anyway, I'm sorry it turned out that way.

And if anyone hears anything about me, Scampy and the pool table... No, it's not true. Nothing happened at the pool table.. as far as I remember..

I shall not defend myself in any bloody way about this anymore. I only want to say that, the place is not really my favourite. But one thing that made me voted for this place was that there are computers there that one can access the internet. The connection might be crappy at times. But obviously, I could post from there. Plus, stumonster had posted on the thread to tell where we were as well.

Being stupid as I was, I volunteered to organise this thing. I knew beforehand I would get such responses afterwards. But <deleted>, I gave it a shot. It's not easy, let me tell you. Especially, when people just didn't want to confirm or give out their own contact details. And before anyone flames me more, I did give my contact number to several members. My bad I forgot to PM udon my number though. I apologise to you here.

I am not going to fight with anyone over this thing. I just tried my best with limited information/confirmations in hand. I failed. Please flame away.

Cheers MadFrankie. I still want to apologise for doing fcukin' lousy job last night. For anything one would point out.

Regarding the rain.. I do believe.. If we sat outside, today, there must have been at least one member complaining "It's fcukin' raining outside! etc etc" Please continue to flame folks.

By the way, if there is next time, I will write ThaiVisa on my boobs. It'll be easier for people to spot me.

It was full of hideous looking, hard-core hookers !

I was one of those....next time I will wear a yellow rose in my teeth so you can recognise me. I was going to carry a glass of Cab Sav, but thought you might mistake me for Dr P.P. - so decided against it.