Update: Pattaya police says tourist injured in altercation in front of Soi 5 “restaurant” fell, was extremely intoxicated and aggressive

webfact

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Tourist seems to be getting the blame.... probably deserved a slap..... but this is OTT. Security should not be a gang of bully boys meting out such beatings. If they do, they should pay hospital costs. 

Did you read the links?   There's no suggestion of him just getting a one-sided "beating".   There weren't any hospital costs. either.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Probably another man who ALWAYS causes problems when he drinks. I had an old friend in Thailand with whom another mutual friend would refuse to go drinking with, for that reason. Mind you, the mutual friend would become seriously obnoxious if he got drunk, but only when drunk on whisky, any other alcohol he was ok.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did you read the links?   There's no suggestion of him just getting a one-sided "beating".   There weren't any hospital costs. either.

Don't be obtuse, the guy is clearly laid out on the floor in a pool of blood! Didn't do that to himself did he! Doesn't look like his side of one won that battle! '... and you believe his hospital visit was free for some reason? Got a link for that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Don't be obtuse, the guy is clearly laid out on the floor in a pool of blood! Didn't do that to himself did he! Doesn't look like his side of one won that battle! '... and you believe his hospital visit was free for some reason? Got a link for that?

Yes, I do have links, they're the ones that are in the articles that describe how he was injured and how he refused hospital treatment.  Do you have links for your assertions?   If you choose not to believe the reports, that's your prerogative.  And don't tell me what not to be.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Actually not.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Alcohol Consumption in 2019 (in liters of pure alcohol per capita):

1. Czechia - 14.26
  2. Latvia - 13.19
  3. Moldova - 12.85
  4. Germany - 12.79
  5. Lithuania - 12.78
  6. Ireland - 12.75
  7. Spain - 12.67
  8. Uganda - 12.48
  9. Bulgaria - 12.46
  10. Luxembourg - 12.45

I don't believe it, i based it on the Finnish I've met, all bar one heavy drinkers in Pattaya

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, another drunk tourist. 

Happens all the time, since birth of christ, tourist getting drunk and misbehaving in Pattaya. 

Sadly it was Pratumnak soi 5, this is one of the better locations, full of trendies, retirees living their lives peacefully. 

I ride past frequently, it has a population of exercise enthusiasts, walking, jogging and bicycle riding. 

The area is full of nice restaurants, heaps of yuppies spending their money.

It's sad to see this fool tourists showing his disrespect to the community. 

Go home, come back when you grow up. 

IMG_20220328_044613.jpg

Yes, Pratamnak area, Jomtien are (still) not the same as Pattaya. Fortunately.

And yes, the population also has well to do inhabitants. In general polite people, not causing any trouble, people who appreciate this area and like to keep it that way.

Caming back to my condo after long 1,5 years (Thai Covid measures) I noticed that the quiet atmosphere has suffered a bit from several things. I hope this not a trend.

More bars, some with loud music, a brothel, a few guys on incredibly loud big bikes (probably to compensate for a very small penis) going to or going away from a fitness centre to manufacture some muscles with or without doping.

Still good public in restaurants, but also see a few guys now, that I will never call my friends.

It still is a very nice place to live, a place where you wake up with birds singing.

Hopefully it can stay that way. 

So please keep out these idiots, who will never understood how to behave in public, giving normal farang and our beautiful Pratamnak area a less positive name.

And yes, I have been young, i also drank a bit too much sometimes then, but never fought or lay unconscious in the street.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I do have links, they're the ones that are in the articles that describe how he was injured and how he refused hospital treatment.  Do you have links for your assertions?   If you choose not to believe the reports, that's your prerogative.  And don't tell me what not to be.

I perhaps read too much into the link which stated The injured man was taken to a local hospital for medical assistance.

Don't tell me what I can tell you not to be... you have no authority here! That is also my prerogative.....

He got beat up by security thugs.... like the Irish guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

to be honest, some of these drunk abusive farang need a good beating to knock some sense into them, probably yobbos back home having bar room brawls every week

Possibly true, but at his age he should have learned his lesson..... there are also a few incidents of security enjoying themselves too much... let us face it, they don't really like us. I would like to think they would be more professional. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly true, but at his age he should have learned his lesson..... there are also a few incidents of security enjoying themselves too much... let us face it, they don't really like us. I would like to think they would be more professional. 

I've always found security professional, of course if provoked all bets are off.

There was security in Mandarin on walking streets who were cu*ts, possible the same team who one punched a falang who subsequently died due to that incident. Place now closed so hope they've left Pattaya

Aggressive drunks or drug takers don't respond or back down from 'appropriate' restraint measures which people with unimpaired faculties respond to. They usually have to be put down hard and fast before the cause serious injury or damage. This often results in serious injury because they won't stop until they are unconscious. The alcohol/drugs anaesthetise them to pain and their sense of reason and self preservation is non existent.

Edited by RobU

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Aggressive drunks or drug takers don't respond or back down from 'appropriate' restraint measures which people with unimpaired faculties respond to. They usually have to be put down hard and fast before the cause serious injury or damage. This often results in serious injury because they won't stop until they are unconscious. The alcohol/drugs anaesthetise them to pain and their sense of reason and self preservation is non existent.

Yep some people just should not drink use drugs. They always end up the same way. 

• Like 2

Surely if he has a history with being aggressive in that bar then he should have been banned, but more likely he was also a big spender, therefore not banned - same old story, money over safety.

I was there that night and did not see him being aggressive towards anyone, infact far from it.

Again, they knew of his history but had no issue fueling him with his poison when it's likely they knew the outcome, bad from on their part.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:48 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, another drunk tourist. 

Happens all the time, since birth of christ, tourist getting drunk and misbehaving in Pattaya. 

Sadly it was Pratumnak soi 5, this is one of the better locations, full of trendies, retirees living their lives peacefully. 

I ride past frequently, it has a population of exercise enthusiasts, walking, jogging and bicycle riding. 

The area is full of nice restaurants, heaps of yuppies spending their money.

It's sad to see this fool tourists showing his disrespect to the community. 

Go home, come back when you grow up. 

IMG_20220328_044613.jpg

Since the birth of Christ tourists having been getting drunk in Pattaya.  Didn't know the place was that old.

7 minutes ago, kinyara said:

The foreign drunken aggresive tourist muppets are back. And everyone blames security.

How come for the last 2 years there were no confrontations. 

He's not a tourist.

• Like 1