Signing 3BB Broadband - Any Pros/Cons?

aldriglikvid

Hi guys, 

Tomorrow I'll probably sign a 12m package with 3BB as I'm switching condos: 1Gbs @ 700thb (excl. vat) per month. The condo complex in question doesn't not have a group discount. 
In regards to price, if no group discount is available anyway, it's similar to True (699thb) so I'll probably not do any intensive price search. 

This will be my "first" subscription in Thailand and I'm just curious if there's any immediate things that I should know about. Bless! 

• Like 1

For a 12-month package, there is a discount. I don't remember how much. may be 10-15%. I did for the first year and now I am on a month to month basis. I also have 10GB dtac data package added for an additional 100 baht. I get around 600MB download speed inside Thailand and 70MB to MidWest (e.g. Chicago/Kansas City) server in the USA with a cisco (any Connect) VPN. 

We've had 3BB for over 10 years.... I'm not sure about any ceiling for wifi use.... We've had up to 6 users + a Smart TV in use with no loss in efficiency....

They have always been fast & responsive if there was a problem = 3 times after a big storm.....Our bill is about the same per month as yours....We are in a house though, so not sure if condo services are different....

It was the first long term contract I signed in TH & I believe I had to prepay either for the 1st year, or first 6 months initially....

We've found it to be very good + dependable.....

Most of their packages are 1 Gbps download. You pay more for greater upload speeds.

They have a 1 Gbps down/100Mbps up package for 590 baht per month plus VAT (631.30) baht.

I use that for work, and it is plenty fast enough for me.

700 baht plus VAT (749 baht) gets you the same 1 Gbps down but 500Mbps up.

The difference between the two packages is over 1,400 baht per year.

Pay 12 months in advance and you get 8% discount, (which is more than interest on the money in the bank), and often for new customers a cheap gift. I got a canvas holdall when I changed packages. Even though I have been with them for years.

Edited by phetphet