Best option for a tourist visa about to run out?

Hi All

Need some help...currently on Samui and have extended my 60 day tourist visa for additional 1900 baht. Almost six weeks ago my family and I applied for a six month Ed-visa. Went with a company that was corrupt, and the paperwork isn't even ready and they are demanding more money which wasn't mentioned.  I would love to stay on the island for at least a year, but it hasn't been easy. What are my options at this point? Would you suggest doing another visa run? I have about two weeks left. 

• Sad 1

For the short term, you should, hopefully, be able to get a "Covid" extension, giving you a further 60 days. If possible, get the money back from the company that has not delivered, and work directly with a school with good reviews that can get it done.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. There is a problem with that however. I no longer have my E-visa.  Immigration took it from me last time when I extended my tourist for an extra 30 days. My email was hacked a couple of months ago so I decided to shut that account down, and can no longer retrieve it.

Also, I have a ten-year-old child. They came in on an 30 day tourist visa, then were on a Non-Ed visa, so now I don't think she can apply for the Covid extension? Would she be able to apply for an extra 30 day tourist extension?

We don't plan on staying in Thailand much longer - a month or two at most. Just need something to tide us over until we can move again. 

1 hour ago, Ally2900 said:

Thank you for your reply. There is a problem with that however. I no longer have my E-visa.  Immigration took it from me last time when I extended my tourist for an extra 30 days. My email was hacked a couple of months ago so I decided to shut that account down, and can no longer retrieve it.

A hard copy of your e visa should not be required to apply for a extension.

You could apply for 60 day covid 19 extension at immigration.

Your child will not have to pay a overstay fine since they are under the age of 15. Why has the non-ed visa that allows a 90 day stay in the country ended. They could of applied for a extension of stay for attending a school.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ally2900 said:

Also, I have a ten-year-old child. They came in on an 30 day tourist visa, then were on a Non-Ed visa, so now I don't think she can apply for the Covid extension? Would she be able to apply for an extra 30 day tourist extension?

We don't plan on staying in Thailand much longer - a month or two at most. Just need something to tide us over until we can move again. 

If not planning to stay in Thailand for more than a month or two longer, forget about getting an extension for your kid. There are no penalties (other than a stamp in the passport) when a minor is guilty of an overstay. (If staying longer, the school might insist that the child has a valid extension.)

Especially if using the same immigration office as the one who gave you the 30-day extension, there should be no need for the e-visa to get the "Covid" extension. They know you are legally here on a tourist entry. If they do ask for the e-visa, they are probably looking for a convenient excuse to deny the extension, and would probably find another excuse if necessary.

• Like 1

OP, you entered on tourist visa including daughter.

Obtain covid extensions.

Even though there is no overstay penality for child, obtain covid extension for her also.

That gives 60 days.

Hopefully by then a border run for a tv or even visa exempt is possible.

Edit: op, just noticed you mention permit about to "run out" ....that means you can obtain covid extension now and possibly another prior to May 25. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A hard copy of your e visa should not be required to apply for a extension.

You could apply for 60 day covid 19 extension at immigration.

Your child will not have to pay a overstay fine since they are under the age of 15. Why has the non-ed visa that allows a 90 day stay in the country ended. They could of applied for a extension of stay for attending a school.

Actually, my partner managed to get a Covid visa last month. They asked him for his E-visa because you need the number to apply. I don't have that E-visa in my emails because my email got hacked so had to delete it a couple of months ago.

My daughter is no longer attending the school where the Ed visa was issued. I have read conflicting reports whether or not she can apply for a Covid visa or not.  

covid should be quick and easy.  Chiang mai is 3 hours and done. 

Pattaya, is visit 3-4 times to get 60 days covid ext.
(first to turn it in.  2nd to come back next day and get your passport back.  They only give you "in consideration"  then in 30 days you must come back again. leave passport for day, come back next day to get official stamp.

^^this is an F U I'm thinking to people getting it.