Still madness in Udon

starky

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I am not in bars mostly because drunks are incredibly boring - I was just explaining why there are laws angst spittle spraying... the OP did not understand... 

No one is talkjng about bars jesus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, USEpat said:

Sadly, Thai's, especially those in positions of power, aren't particularly clever.

The ones in power are deemed to be the brightest!!

Jeez, just look at most of the foot soldiers....these are the proletariat that you will encounter at ground level.

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The OP was in a restaurant with his daughter. 

Not a drunk or some pisshead out on the lash. I agree with him. A casual beer with lunch can do no harm.

The drunks are more likely to be sat behind a mom and pop shop getting lashed on cheaper beer.

yes. I am sure you are correct - and I am sure he would have been fine - but my first post was that you cannot write laws specific to the  well mannered OP - - the reason for having the laws is that it permits not only the OP but the spittle spraying deplorables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

You must frequent some quite deplorable places if that is what you experience.

I have to say, I can't remember the last time I experienced such a scene. If I had, I would have turned around and left. I don’t need the risk of getting a virus to tell me those are not the sort of places to go to.

It would be easy to create different rules for different establishments. That said, from a few posts on here, many places are not adhering anyway. 

actually I don't drink and have not gone to bars for many years... but I am sure drunks are the same... you are going to make new and different rules for every bar? good luck...

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

actually I don't drink and have not gone to bars for many years... but I am sure drunks are the same... you are going to make new and different rules for every bar? good luck...

Still talking about bars mate? Lol. 

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

None so blind as those that can not see. I will reiterate again. In the province i live in. Unlike Phuket, or Pattaya or Bangko or Koh Chang or a few other places where you can get on the <deleted> all day every day. The goverment has decided you can not have an alcholic beverage in a proper restaurant with a meal. Not a bar, not a gogo, not an irish pub a restaurant. I agree with you sitting shoulder to shoulder in such an establishment with someone that has been on the <deleted> all day may be far more conducive to the spread of covid (though not sure that is proven) but back to the question i originally asked, from which you have moved so far off topic from in your anti bar rant. And ignoring the fact that your presumption is most people are roaring drunks that cant stop at one drink and spray spittle everywhere. Which also i refute.

How does anyone having 1 or 2 or even 3 alcholic drinks for that matter. Not that I imagine many would certainly not the people i associate with. Obviously your experience is different. Who goes to sit in a restaurant at lunchtime to get smashed? (remebering alcohol sales are 1100 to 1400) cause more chance of spreading covid than a person having 3 soft drinks?

43 minutes ago, starky said:

None so blind as those that can not see.

geez, how I love a cliche... I am not saying what you do over your lunch matters - it just gets caught up in a web of the others who get sloppy drunk and you know what I am talking about... and you know what I am talking about... 

56 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

geez, how I love a cliche... I am not saying what you do over your lunch matters - it just gets caught up in a web of the others who get sloppy drunk and you know what I am talking about... and you know what I am talking about... 

Indeed I do . I also agree in essence. But what your talking about has zero to do with this thread. All the best. ????

I just had 2 weeks in Udon. UD Town night market/food court was serving beer openly which they were not over New Year when it had to be concealed. But in Centre Point night market food court the vendors were still having to hide it and serve it in 'alternative' vessels. Also at 2 favoured Chinese Thai  restaurants, one was serving beer openly while it's neighbour was not.

Methinks brown envelopes to police could be involved here.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

yes. I am sure you are correct - and I am sure he would have been fine - but my first post was that you cannot write laws specific to the  well mannered OP - - the reason for having the laws is that it permits not only the OP but the spittle spraying deplorables.

"spittle spraying deplorables" - give me strength you must be a real hoot to go out with!!

• Haha 2