Still madness in Udon

starky

As I'm going to Udon next week to stay in the Centara Hotel for my wedding anniversary I was a bit concerned by the title of your post. Fortunately although I wouldn't mind a beer I can cope with that so it will be something else that will annoy me.

• Haha 2

I've not had this problem in Udon for about 3 months.

The SALE of alcohol in shops (except Mum And Dad shops) is not permitted before 11 am and between 2.00pm and 5.00pm. The restaurants are OK, can get glasses too!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Between 2pm-5pm no alcohol is served - Thai law or something like that

It was 11 mate. Lived her more than 2 decades very well aware of tje 2-5 law. Cheers. ????

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I may be going out on a limb here, but maybe it is not about you? 

They should probably make an amendment to the law - Starky can have 1 beer w/lunch - but only Starky and just one.. 

Theres one in every crowd. Seeing as you are so knowledgeable and wise and leaving me out of the equation. Please explain how somebody/ anybody having a wine or a beer with their lunch, (and not a beer bar posing as a restaurant) an actual restaurant prevents the spread of covid? Why should any fluids or even food for that matter be allowed to be consumed then genius?

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

. The only way we were getting beer was to have it served in a fresh coconut! As were all the other "diners". I kid you not. That was a first.

Beer in a coconut? Apart from a taste modification, did you have to drink it through a straw? Barbaric.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ftpjtm said:

My favorite, here in Pattaya, is that bar girls can sit next to you, but can't dance on the bar polls.

Because being 1M away from you on bar polls spreads COVID, but sitting next to you doesn't spread COVID. :wai:

I don't think you understand. If the bar girls dance on the poles then their hands, and perhaps other parts of their body ???? come into contact with the pole.  The next lady that then dances could pick up the virus from the previous dancer. You see all well thought out by those geniuses in charge whom no doubt spent many hours doing site surveys in order to form that opinion ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Misab said:

Imagine you are a tourist in Thailand.  You invite your wife to lunch and you want to enjoy a glass of Chardonay, to your delicius food, which you can in civilized countries.

No cannot do Sir not before after 3 Pm.

There are many good tings in Thailand but this law is not one of them it belongs in the middleage.

This must have been a food court . Normal restaurants that are stand alone or attached to a pub DONT have any restrictions such ad 7/11 etc

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sure. Easily done. If you have ever been in a bar, sober, you will see that drunks are loud, obnoxious and full of spittle that sprays... they are not the most rational people either - [not everyone but many] give many of them one beer and they can get pretty forceful in wanting another beer, then another... then comes the spray of spittle and stupid opinions... 

Thanks for asking. 

You could always just stay at home to protect yourself from those vile people. Where's the fun in being in a bar sober anyway? Sounds horrible. Cheers!

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

You could always just stay at home to protect yourself from those vile people. Where's the fun in being in a bar sober anyway? Sounds horrible. Cheers!

I am not in bars mostly because drunks are incredibly boring - I was just explaining why there are laws angst spittle spraying... the OP did not understand... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Am I right in saying it was always the law even pre Covid alcohol could not be sold or served between 2 and 5 but it was never enforced more so in bars ?

Why does everyone keep going on about 2-5 it was 11. I must have posted it 4 times already in this thread.