PATTAYA STREET FOOD - List of Pattaya street food that you like

vidgra

The longer I live here the more selective I am. For many years I ate without a care at all street food places. I never got sick, just trying to eat healthier now. In the Malls it's Shabu or other buffet joints like Aka, the 600thb/person is pretty awesome. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My favourite chicken rice is on soi Arunothai, that's all it does so know how to do it, From Klang turn right and it's a shack type place on the right about 200 yards.

My current favourite street food place is Soi 15 corner of Pattaya 2nd road, 30-50 baht

arunotai is the soi on the right of bigc when facing it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

I call BS on your 35 years eating food in Thailand and never ending up on the toilet, once.  

Posting an article about sausages has nothing to do with what I said. I have not eaten a sausage of any type for years. Mystery meat to me. Stand by what I said and say to you. Just look at where you want to eat. Served me well. Oh yeah the wife and kids have never been sick either.  Kids now live and work in the states and miss Thai street food a lot. One caveat, I only eat barbecued meats from any Isaan street stall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Most street food is garbage. of gristly old meat, MSG, and sugar and salt.

Great in a pinch or if you're on a very limited budget.

You get what you pay for.

Not really, that's the idea of picking your favourite street food places, where i go the meat quality is good. A new one on soi 13\2 is bad, their idea of chicken is gristle and skin, of course hard to tell with msg salt and sugar but addition of good veg is a good sign. I'm not frightened of sugar salt and msg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not really, that's the idea of picking your favourite street food places, where i go the meat quality is good. A new one on soi 13\2 is bad, their idea of chicken is gristle and skin, of course hard to tell with msg salt and sugar but addition of good veg is a good sign. I'm not frightened of sugar salt and msg

There are certainly good ones also.

I don't want to put all street food in a bad light.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, questionsreplies said:

What kind of street food is not greasy dirty fried Thai food? It seems to be all what they can do ! Maybe only soups are healthy, and even not sure..,

Just avoid the deep fried chicken KFC type stuff also the soups with coconut is high in fat, once a week probably ok. I have thai food once a day usually

I used to eat noodle soup daily for years, good mixture of veg in there, pretty healthy

Screenshot_2022-04-02-14-37-48-923_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, marin said:

Posting an article about sausages has nothing to do with what I said.

This is what you said:

" I believe the Thai's to be very sanitary in the preparation"

I posted a link that shows that not to be the case.  

9 hours ago, marin said:

I have not eaten a sausage of any type for years.

Is not Thai pork sausage "street food?"

Just what type of street food do you actually eat?

9 hours ago, marin said:

Mystery meat to me.

Is that not what street food is all about?

9 hours ago, marin said:

Just look at where you want to eat. Served me well. Oh yeah the wife and kids have never been sick either.  Kids now live and work in the states and miss Thai street food a lot. One caveat, I only eat barbecued meats from any Isaan street stall.

Seems like you only eat up market street food.  Can this truly be classified as street food?  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I've only been in Thailand for 22 years, not 35. And in fact, I did get a case of the G.I.Blues... ONCE... after eating at a very exclusive hotel restaurant in Bangkok. It lasted almost 4 hours, taken care of with two Imodium tablets. Four hours out of my 22-year existence in LOS, eating street foods often, everywhere I go. Even eating sausages of varying types often. Street foods and their vendors are an integral part of Thai Culture, and to avoid them is doing oneself an injustice. One only needs to be a bit observant and street-smart when choosing which vendor with whom to give your custom.

Perhaps we need to clarify what exactly is street food, and what exactly is food poisoning?  

Some members may classify food poisoning as only needing medical treatment.  Others may classify it as self medicating with some imodium tablets, as you have mentioned.  

I classify it as being on the toilet not long after the meal.  Whether that progresses to self medication, and possibly then onto seeking medical treatment, is irrelevant.  

If I'm on the toilet after eating street food, then that's food poisoning to me.  

Mild, average, severe, it's all food poisoning.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 7:09 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

t from a stall on the corner of Soi Lengkee / Soi Buakhao junction.

If the one outside the closed Family Market on Lengkee itself he is very good.

I was wanting to get some dab tonight but unfortunately he wasn't there - or I was too early......