PATTAYA STREET FOOD - List of Pattaya street food that you like

vidgra

22 hours ago, thepdru said:

The best clean and good curry for me is now at Lotus food court, because for 60 thb you get green curry + rice + omelet

any scammer street seller who can compete ?

Are you looking for a "scammer street seller" or do you just have a really disgusting attitude to the people around you?

Seems the CCTs love a food thread...so they can malign anyone who doesn't sell food as cheaply as it can be made.

You can get yourself a 20 baht bag of Green Curry and 5 baht portion of rice and pop a 10 baht fried egg on top, from a "scammer street seller"? Take your own plate.

Personally I look for good quality, rather than the lowest price. I want real fresh coconut milk in my curries, alongside something other than gristly meat floating in an insipid liquid.

• Haha 1

Plenty of great street vendors/restaurants on Soi Khaotalo.

My brekky is chicken and rice with a large bowl of soup and that wonderful spicy sauce.

Opposite the Beauty Shop Soi 1/3.

Great way to spend 40 minutes watching life go past.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

If it's cooked on the street, then it's street food.  Doesn't matter where it's from.  Eg.  kebabs here. 

TBH I've never seen it served as street food in Thailand. I'm certainly not saying it can't be. Perhaps in a night market.

Rather, it's usually served out of a small shop or makeshift food court or proper food court.

In Malaysia you'll see it served as street food. Singapore in hawker food courts.

Not so paradoxically this thread isn't about Thai street food but bland, Chinese, boiled chicken.

Edited by TheScience
  • Haha 1

I don't eat Phad Thai often and usually opt for Hawy Thawt but I recall there was a vendor (2000-7) night market, Soi Bukhao, Pattaya used to do a great job. Phad Thai is not easy to make and usually the hawker over fry the noodles into a sticky mess.

Various noodle dishes are classic, Thai street food.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

I don't eat Phad Thai often and usually opt for Hawy Thawt but I recall there was a vendor (2000-7) night market, Soi Bukhao, Pattaya used to do a great job. Phad Thai is not easy to make and usually the hawker over fry the noodles into a sticky mess.

Various noodle dishes are classic, Thai street food.

Phad Thai used to be very popular on khoa San road, never popular in the same way in Pattaya

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^

Too late to edit; they are open from 5pm to 11pm. 

The picture on Google Maps doesn't show their dishes, which are pictured around the roof of their stall when they are open. The eating area is in the shophouse behind the stall. From memory; prices are perhaps from 50 baht to 70 baht.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, Bruno123 said:

I recommend this place on the Darkside: https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9289336,100.9236004,3a,75y,329.5h,85.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY0k6dUqOcO46UvnGVfczvw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

They do their own Chinese style roast pork. A much better accompaniment to egg noodle soup and rice dishes than the ubiquitous 'moo daeng'.

Generous portionsand inexpensive from a big hearted couple. Get yourself over there. Next door to the London Inn on Nern Plub Wan.

London Inn is now Horn Pub..

• Haha 1

Placing excessive negative emoticons on other member posts in is stalking.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1