Updated measures for entering the Kingdom of Thailand announced, starting April 1st

snoop1130

11 hours ago, TheScience said:

So, nothing has changed.

I said it before. Thailand is utterly confusing it's hopeful tourist base to the point that the only sane thing to do is just wait a year or two unless you have family or are a desperate sex-pest.

This tells me that the people controlling the covid money machine simply can't let go. The nation be damned.

Holy moly I've read this forum for years and you hit the nail on the head for the first time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was pretty sick for 10 days.  Just before I cleared covid with a negative test I ended up with a sinus infection and now have an eye infection above the same impacted sinus.....worse than the nastiest flu I ever had, laid me up in bed for several days, had the breathing gotten worse then I would have taken myself to the hospital.  So you say I should not have tested and then just gone about my business and walked around infecting others, is that your plan.....

You are still not dead. And may be....just may be, all your new infections appeared because your immunity system is weakened due to the vaccins? Could it be? Just a different thought.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Should be the opposite.  Testprior to flying if vaccinated and boosted and then no testing on arrival.  It isthe locales who pass on the infections.  I returned from the US 30 days ago and 16 days in I was infected with Covid.  Just now cleared it,

Basically no change at all.

7 hours ago, razino said:

Malaysia - Singapore border open today at midnight, no covid test, no need insurance, but must be fully vaccinated.... vehicle can cross too .... 

That's bc they'd never dream of asking neighbors what they ask of international tourists. Moreover, lots of export from Thailand to Malaysia. Finally, lots of Muslims heading for HY for a bit of weekend fun.

But do note the irony and double standard.

51 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Get rid of the Thai Pass I mean how much money are they making off these people from testing when they arrive and demanding the hotel room they make a lot more money if they just got rid of the thia pass

In Thailand profits have always been thin from the somtam seller to big C. It's the cheap labor and only this that makes Thailand appealing - aside from a few national parks.

Top university graduate out if school is paid 12k pm for dead end office job.

It's not the corporations although there must be incentive but rather individuals that personally benefit as largesse streams upward.

Edited by TheScience

12 hours ago, falang07 said:

And you apparently have not died so the question is why even bother to test and all this <deleted> around it.

People have accidents and survive. Sure, they might be paralyzed, they might have brain damage, they might remain vegetables. But they survived! So why bother with all this drink and drive, seat belts, etc. Just let people drink, drive like idiots, smash themselves (and others!) up, instead of all this <deleted> around road safety!

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

It's good news for those of us who live here. Removes the need to waste time and money getting a pre-flight PCR and hey, test positive on arrival, I'll argue strongly that I can home isolate in my house.

Cost saving for a family of 4 is considerable but as many point out, why take the risk of an on arrival positive test? The bigger the group of visitors, the higher the risk that 1 will test positive and then goodbye holiday ...

There's only one solution that will encourage travel: require visitors over 18 to be vaccinated and then leave it at that. Unvaccinated for any reason, 5 days hotel quarantine on arrival. 

I would make an exception for pretty ladies with an hour glass figure to be exempt ????

• Haha 1

Here's another solution that will never happen:

Thailand keeps its barriers to entrance. All.

But everything covered for free. All of it from visa to hospitalization, taxi, tests, insurance... all of it.

That would demonstrate it's dedication to public health, tourism and transparency.

That b300 can cover it 555.

• Like 1