Samui 2022 - Whats happening !

47 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

South Chaweng Beach road. 

https://www.facebook.com/RastaBar.KohSamui/

Thanks, never knew that existed. Although looks like it's new? 

Can't imagine they get the most footfall down that end of Beach Road, but looks like they're getting a few customers in. 

Wonder if the bands that play there are the ones who used to play at Reggae Pub

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 6th and Saturday 7th May, Samui Bike Week.

NB: The event this year event takes place by Global House - the new large building material mall - in Maenam.

image.jpeg.40dd3b014579dc6d8dc8e0978c323339.jpeg

• Like 1

Friday May 13th, Carabao at Green Mango Club...

CARABAO on 40 years tour
Friday 13th May 2022
At The Green Mango Club 
Ticket available now
300 bath & 2,000bath ( 4ppl & drinks)
Tel:098-5562666
Line:0985562666
Door opens 8pm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Photos borrowed from SamuiInfo by Nicha for JetSki-preparations on Chaweng Beach this weekend...

image.thumb.jpeg.b508036e50f4ca284e51bd2a043eca7d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c54cc4fe964520c42e272640133526a.jpeg

Where is this, is it the Ark Bar area of Chaweng beach? Tbh I think I'd be quite sad if I was an arriving tourist and saw all this on the beautiful beach. Hopefully it's not a regular occurrence! 

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Where is this, is it the Ark Bar area of Chaweng beach? Tbh I think I'd be quite sad if I was an arriving tourist and saw all this on the beautiful beach. Hopefully it's not a regular occurrence! 

A two days sport event on the southern part of Chaweng's beach, just like we used to have a Samui Regatta for a few days. The beach has occasionally been used for a number of various activities.

• Like 2

Sunday May 22nd, Carabao concert moved...

image.jpeg.26f60b139d6036f59bd6e26a62ef72f7.jpeg

Carabao From the native language of the Philippines which means buffalo or labourer to became the legend and the most successful song for life band in Thailand “Carabao”.

The Green Mango Club says...

เรียน แขกผู้มีเกียรติ และ แฟนเพลงคาราบาว ทุกท่าน
ทางเดอะกรีนแมงโก้คลับ และ คาราบาว ต้องขออภัย ที่ต้องขอเลื่อน คอนเสิร์ต 
‘’ 40 ปี คาราบาว ‘’ จาก วันศุกร์ที่ 13 พค
เป็นวันอาทิตย์ ที่ 22 พค 2565 นี้

We’re deeply apologise for any inconvenience, but we need to inform our customer that the carabao 40th years tour concert has to be postponed to 22nd may 2022. 

**สำหรับท่านที่มีความประสงค์จะยกเลิกการจองและคืนเงิน กรุณาติดต่อ
โทร: 098-5562666
ไลน์: 0985562666
ต้องขออภัยในความไม่สะดวกมา ณ ที่นี้ด้วยครับ

**For those who wish to cancel booking and refund, please contact.
Tel: 098-5562666
Line : 0985562666
I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Henry Africas is open / opening? I hope this attachment can be seen - I'm not the most techy person 

P.S. I love the fact they're allowed to advertise for a "Pretty girl sitting to drink". Imagine the outrage if this ad was in the UK / Europe / US etc ????

Henry.jpg

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Looks like Henry Africas is open / opening? I hope this attachment can be seen - I'm not the most techy person 

P.S. I love the fact they're allowed to advertise for a "Pretty girl sitting to drink". Imagine the outrage if this ad was in the UK / Europe / US etc ????

Henry Africa is well known for paying good wages to the girls serving shots - must be waitress / female liquor sales - I however have no idea about the salaries for "Pretty girl sitting to drink"...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

Henry Africa is well known for paying good wages to the girls serving shots - must be waitress / female liquor sales - I however have no idea about the salaries for "Pretty girl sitting to drink"...????

????

Have you been to check out the Soi Green nightlife recently khunPer? 

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

????

Have you been to check out the Soi Green nightlife recently khunPer? 

Green Mango Club on Sunday a week ago, queue at 9.30 pm to get inside...

image.jpeg.dbcb4c142541e697bfc443271990c20e.jpeg

And inside around 11:30 pm, cool venue...????????

image.jpeg.e19ef85f1711aac2b7f8b4638b6f3dc0.jpeg

I however don't snap photos every time I'm allowed out in the nightlife, but I took this at end of April, almost too many for me, not much space for my dancing...????

image.jpeg.105dea54ab050470ec72ed241a67f35a.jpeg

Still only some clubs, pubs and bars that are open, but those open seems in general to do okay, except for a few beer bars that appears empty when I pass, however I might perhaps pass too late to experience the exciting moments...:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

Green Mango Club on Sunday a week ago, queue at 9.30 pm to get inside...

image.jpeg.dbcb4c142541e697bfc443271990c20e.jpeg

And inside around 11:30 pm, cool venue...????????

image.jpeg.e19ef85f1711aac2b7f8b4638b6f3dc0.jpeg

I however don't snap photos every time I'm allowed out in the nightlife, but I took this at end of April, almost too many for me, not much space for my dancing...????

image.jpeg.105dea54ab050470ec72ed241a67f35a.jpeg

Still only some clubs, pubs and bars that are open, but those open seems in general to do okay, except for a few beer bars that appears empty when I pass, however I might perhaps pass too late to experience the exciting moments...:whistling:

Thank you! So is it still only the front part of the club open, or did they open the whole place now? Not easy to tell from the pics ????

And the queuing to get in the club - is that because they are checking for covid vax proof or something? 

Sorry to hear you didn't have much space for the famous dancing that night! 

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Thank you! So is it still only the front part of the club open, or did they open the whole place now? Not easy to tell from the pics ????

And the queuing to get in the club - is that because they are checking for covid vax proof or something? 

All of GMC was open for the Carabao concert from 10 pm to midnight, that's why people were queuing up early to get their pre-ordered ttickets, i.e. armbands. I unfortunately haven't found time to get there since Sunday the 22nd, so I don't have a full up-to-date status, but who knows, I might suddenly show up in party-mood and perhaps snap a photo or two from the area...????

• Like 2

I went to Chaweng last night for an update on what is open.

Quite a few tourists walking around beach road etc. (Tens not hundreds.)

Restaurants near Ark Bar were doing OK.

Soi Green Mango was quiet, but it was a tad early (22.00). Only a couple of places open including the Green Mango. Maybe more open at weekends.

A few places up near Black Club were quite busy and a bit more action on Soi Reggae.

No masks and definitely no social distancing.

The 'Thai' live music bar near the lake was packed with locals queuing to get in.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The 'Thai' live music bar near the lake was packed with locals queuing to get in.

There are two Thai live music places by and near the lake, Old School on 2nd road at the corner to crossing to soi Reggae, and Ma-Ha-Te on the soi from the Ring Road down to the Central-roundabout. Both places are normally packed with partying Thais.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

There are two Thai live music places by and near the lake, Old School on 2nd road at the corner to crossing to soi Reggae,

That was the one that I saw.

Lots of youngsters having a good time with very loud music.

Nice to see (from a distance).

I took my zimmer frame and found somewhere more quiet. Mind you, It was not quiet for long. It was a friend's birthday and his wife was still in Bangkok. She told him to go out and have  good time.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, CG1 Blue said:

Suddenly I was in party-mood and snapped a photo or two with some impressions from the area between 0.30 am and 1.00 am...????

Black Bamboo was busy as always at 0.30 am...

image.jpeg.1ce43da12fbb6f6bdda431f122e8e32a.jpeg

Also some action in soi Black, but it might be little late for bar visitors...

image.jpeg.1602ef9916d3fe7cb68e978ff3480644.jpeg

The beach road had some more late life than before, but still not up to what it once was...

image.jpeg.2f93b6ced6dc6e6ba1abb577467400de.jpeg

They are giving Henry make-up, so he will probably soon, and as advertised on the sign, have some "sexy cow girls" and "free pools" back in "Africa". The soi is otherwise quite busy, which also can be seen from the number of parked motorbikes...

image.jpeg.44a963fc755c7f77339b9cfa3f467217.jpeg

Business almost as usual for the clubs in June, as the international high school kids seems to be back on the usual annual party-trip to Chaweng Beach...

image.jpeg.4404aa9080463a694698d0b2299122e1.jpeg

Green Mango Club was crowded last night at 1 am - and so was the soi in front - but still only with the front sound-stage open...

image.jpeg.ebb6497e2b6c6c4d00caa973885ca122.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Friday 8th July, Pu Phongsit Khamphir in full concert at Green Mango Club 

555047.jpg

Tickets reservation...
Tel: 098 556 2666
Line : 0985562666
Ticket price 300 baht or Table for 4 persons 3,000 baht including drinks.

Pongsit "Pu" Kampee is a Thai rock singer and producer popular in the Phleng pheua chiwit (Songs for Life) genre. Inspired by (Lek) Preecha Chanapai of Carabao and (Nga) Surachai Jantimathawn of Caravan...

Read more in Wikipedia HERE.

• Like 1

Friday June 17th 90s Party at Bay Day Project, Choeng Mon Beach.

7 pm to 12 am.
Line up: Banana Looser and DJ Bank.

Link to further information at Bay Day Project's Facebook-profile HERE.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Saturday June 25th at 7 pm, Neon Run Samui...

Start and end at Central Festival.

Race distance 5 kilometer.

Registration form and further details HERE.

Limited to 600 people.

I think that I will just watch from a bar somewhere!  ????

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, spidermike007 said:

I would say overall it is a very nice time to visit Samui, especially if you like low season travel

Raining a lot up there in Samui now? Any good hotel deal say for 7 to 10 Days stay?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sitta said:

Raining a lot up there in Samui now? Any good hotel deal say for 7 to 10 Days stay?

Rainy season on Samui and her sisters is November till January. June is typically low season, tourists are back from early to mid July...????

• Like 1