Agent to Assist with 400k Funds in Bank

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I will just say that understanding "for your case" becomes a lot easier if you try to grasp the basics before applying it to a specific situation. Jumping into the rules for a specific visa or extension is similar to jumping into the middle of a mystery novel and reading a random 10 pages. You will rarely be able to understand the whole plot, but you will also likely have a flawed understanding of the context of those 10 pages.

Agreed. Need to pin down visa type & extension options with agent now ! 

40 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Historically (and still possibly at some embassies/consulates) there was also the multiple entry Non O (retirement). This was particularly useful for those from the UK with state pensions as there were no financial requirements other than having any state pension.

That still appears in the Embassy Summary Table of Visas (separate from OA Visa Over 50 retirement). Would need to be aged 66+ to get that from UK though. 

56 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Historically (and still possibly at some embassies/consulates) there was also the multiple entry Non O (retirement). This was particularly useful for those from the UK with state pensions as there were no financial requirements other than having any state pension.

That, however, would not be a long stay visa. It would require leaving the Kingdom every 90 days.

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That, however, would not be a long stay visa. It would require leaving the Kingdom every 90 days.

That's correct. In similar way to the ME marriage. 

However excellent option for frequent travellers or good excuse for weekend trip to eg Saigon

31 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Agreed. Need to pin down visa type & extension options with agent now ! 

No need for an agent. Embrace what you are being shown here, instead of trying to ridicule it, and you will have more than enough knowledge to do things yourself. That's how I learnt. By reading, listening and digesting info from those that know.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

No need for an agent. Embrace what you are being shown here, instead of trying to ridicule it, and you will have more than enough knowledge to do things yourself. That's how I learnt. By reading, listening and digesting info from those that know.

I do everything here myself directly with Govt. Except Retirement Visa which is new to me and for which I decline on principle to comply directly with, hence Agent Use. 
Now using knowledge from here to question agent on any visa / extn. options. 

5 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

I do everything here myself directly with Govt. Except Retirement Visa which is new to me and for which I decline on principle to comply directly with, hence Agent Use. 
Now using knowledge from here to question agent on any visa / extn. options. 

Retirement "extension of stay". 

The easiest extension to get. Think of what else you could use the 20k baht on.

Unless you are talking about the 12 month "visa" you got via an agent with no financials???

That means that you are actually breaking immigration law. The agent is paying to circumnavigate the rules. I'm not going to come on here and ask you about your financial situation but it would be far easier and better for you for the future to put 800k in a Thai bank and do things by yourself and by the book.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Unless you are talking about the 12 month "visa" you got via an agent with no financials???

That means that you are actually breaking immigration law. The agent is paying to circumnavigate the rules. I'm not going to come on here and ask you about your financial situation but it would be far easier and better for you for the future to put 800k in a Thai bank and do things by yourself and by the book.

Think what you could do with  "your" 800k! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

There are no laws in Thailand that cannot be circumvented. I insist on full control of my funds. 

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Just about your entire post is just your opinion. 

Very naive.

The op title was asking for advice regarding agent. 

Indeed the guy you quoted is clearly seeking advice regarding use of agent.

Please allow people to ask for advice.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Just about your entire post is just your opinion. 

Very naive.

The op title was asking for advice regarding agent. 

Indeed the guy you quoted is clearly seeking advice regarding use of agent.

Please allow people to ask for advice.

Sure. Anyone can ask for advice. Indeed, I gave advice. All my advice is based on personal experience and what I have heard from others.

People ask for advice and others give it. It is a public forum after all.

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Think what you could do with  "your" 800k! 

I have more than one 800k. I'd much rather stay legal. Once you've used an agent it is difficult, some would say impossible, to get back to dealing directly with immigration. 

Agent prices and the costs of bribing officials is only going to increase.

Edited by youreavinalaff

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

@DrJack54

Here it is. The subject of Non O ME Retirement. 

• Haha 1

Guest truthman
On 4/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, BritTim said:

Depending on the full context, it is sometimes not difficult, but impossible. The question can be either about application for a Non O visa at Immigration, or about application for a one-year extension of permission to stay.

It is often possible to distinguish things like "visa on arrival" from "visa exempt", and recognise people talking of "exit visas" mean re-entry permits. However, there can often be real confusion when the correct terms are not used. Also, it can be useful when Google searches can be used to look for people with similar issues. For all the technical prowess of Alphabet, a search engine is not going to be able to figure things like this out to deliver relevant search results.

If you don't understand, you can ask. But I think everybody understood what he was talking about.