Return flight dilemma about obtaining Non-O when wanting to return to Thailand from another country.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I can confirm with 100% certainty that this is possible. Further, the Non O-A visa is not so attractive nowadays (apart from a somewhat complicated application process) because of insurance requirements that are not always satisfied by excellent international policies.

The main challenge with the Non O application in Thailand is opening a bank account, and transferring in the 800,000 baht (retirement) or 400,000 baht (marriage) from abroad that is a requirement. The application must be done with at least 15 days left on the permission to stay from your tourist (including visa exempt) entry. Apart from that, it is usually very easy. If the extra bank deposit amount (retirement) is easy for you, that makes future extensions even easier.

Thanks  for the rapid reply ????

I have a very good BUPA insurance valid until August, but as you say, who knows if that will be accepted when applying for the Non-O?

Also, I have a Thai bank account which I have had for many years having worked there since 2005, so getting the money there is no problem.

So, it looks like yourself and DrJack54 are giving me sound advice - thanks for all of your help.

9 hours ago, RabCNesbitt said:

I have a very good BUPA insurance valid until August, but as you say, who knows if that will be accepted when applying for the Non-O?

You don't require any insurance for your non O obtained in Thailand. Nor will you require insurance for your 12 month extension..

Already having a Thai bank account is a bonus. 

Thinking that you can quickly place funds in bank and apply for your non O here.

You need apply for your non O with 15+ days left on your stamp from visa exempt entry.

You can obtain a 30 extension if time is needed.

Obviously you can do all this also with a tourist visa entry.

The funds only need to be in bank on day you apply.

That gives you a 90 permission of stay.

In the last 30 obtain your 12 month extension funds having been in bank for 2 months min.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1